Bad Guy Reptile Addicts / Fred Kick - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #41
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
Right there is the whole problem. All these big suppliers and flippers, and breeders just want you to take another one off the rack. If you gave me a piece of TRASH like the one the OP got, there is no way in Hell I'd take another animal. Not to mention, the seller is also accountable for all the vet bills associated with the animal they PAWNED off. Lets NOT forget that the WHOLESALER in question, also breeds an in this case was dealing with an individual on a single animal purchase. Just shows how sucky there CS is. they are used to blaming death,disease and junk on trashy imports and the "acceptable lose" on wholesale.
I never said it was OK to sell a sick snake. I'm just saying it's not smart to wait until three months after the purchase to find out what the guarantee on the animal is.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #42
Will0W783
The BOI is a very valuable tool if used correctly, but I'm getting really tired of seeing bickers erupt over grammar/spelling and people attacking OPs for every little thing they can think of. I consider myself a person with good grammar skills, but I don't crucify everyone else for their mistakes when it is only detracting from the purpose of a thread meant to inform others of a shady business! Everyone makes mistakes, and by the way, Nivea987, it's "you're welcome" not "your welcome." Now stop correcting everyone else's grammar and get back on topic! This kind of bickering is in every single thread I have read lately, and the BOI is no place for it.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #43
Nivea987
Thank you. Had no intensions of my first posting ending up like this! Just kinda got ridiculous.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #44
Will0W783
I think a lot of people see insults where there are not necessarily meant to be insults when reading things on the web. I've seen so many things get carried away that didn't need to be. I just find it particularly funny when people get hung up on spelling and grammar and then there is inevitably a post where someone is attacking someone else's grammar and makes a mistake themselves. I have a screwy sense of humor. :-)

Old 11-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #45
Nivea987
Oh no worries. My mother used to ride my arse all through school. Sometimes when she visits I purposly misspeak! Steams her to no end! Lol 'Can't not' is of my favs.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #46
alessia55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivea987 View Post
My question to the op is. First you stated you didnt wann as drive a half hour for live feeders because this is the only snake you have. Then you proceed to say I will not be purchasing anymore for at least 6 months for the safety of your other snakes. Why contradict yourself openly to him? Doesnt help your case.
You're right. It's confusing. Here is why: The rosy boa was intended for my cousin (it would've been her first snake). I have 2 snakes of my own, but neither of them eat small enough live prey that would require I or my cousin to make the 30min drive (each way!) to the only place that sells live prey of varying sizes. Because of the condition of the snake, I didn't let my cousin take it, and so I kept it with me (in quarantine of course). I hope that clears up some of the confusion!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #47
Nivea987
That's kinda what I was thinking. No worries. Sorry to blow up your thread. When I lived in az I used to catch and release alot rosies. If Id of known you, I would have let you have a couple.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #48
alessia55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
I never said it was OK to sell a sick snake. I'm just saying it's not smart to wait until three months after the purchase to find out what the guarantee on the animal is.
To be clear, I did not wait 3 mos to find out the return policy on the animal. Most breeders have a 2-week return policy, and that is what I was told by the breeder at the expo when I bought the rosy boa. I e-mailed the breeder exactly a week after buying the snake, at the first refused meal, on October 24, 2011. If you read through the e-mails carefully, you'll see that beginning on my first e-mail to Fred, I start asking about return/refund. After a while it became clear that the snake was really much sicker than I would've imagined. I wanted to provide for the snake the very best I could; and returning the animal to the place where she acquired such a horrible state seemed inhumane. Those who know me, know that I am one of the most caring, loving, and soft-hearted person for animals you might ever meet. All I wanted to do was to ensure the well-being or the best I could do for the snake. Now that the snake is "in a better place," and no longer suffering, I want to seek justice for the time, money, and worry I invested in. I refuse to become yet another person he scams and gets away with it. I am, in fact, filing at small claims court, and hopefully this will bring my family and I some closure.

Please refrain from petty arguments that are not pertinent to the subject at hand (i.e.: grammar & spelling). Though I am merely human and may have made a small error here and there, I did what I did with the sole interest of the snake at hand, as I was truly worried for her quality of life. Looking through the BOI, one can easily see that I am not the first to suffer at the work of Fred Kick and Reptile Addicts. I can only hope that my experience can serve as evidence of yet another dissatisfied customer, and that others may not fall into a similar trap. Thanks for reading.
-Alessia Bachrach

Old 11-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #49
bullies&balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
As the OP clarified, this was NOT the case. Here is the problem, The crap slingers keep telling the buyers to do this and what is this and that, when they KNOW they sold crap. They will ignore, avoid and deflect until their crappy quarentee is void and this is [b]IF [b] thye even offer one. there is NO ecuse in this case as questions were asked and then the remarks when the crap hit the fan differs on the kicks end of it. This is NOT the first, heck even thrid or forth time that a buyer has asked about feeding protocol and received different stories.

Shame people still flock to their booths, when they could give a crap less about any of the animals they sell !!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #50
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessia55 View Post
You're right. It's confusing. Here is why: The rosy boa was intended for my cousin (it would've been her first snake). I have 2 snakes of my own, but neither of them eat small enough live prey that would require I or my cousin to make the 30min drive (each way!) to the only place that sells live prey of varying sizes. Because of the condition of the snake, I didn't let my cousin take it, and so I kept it with me (in quarantine of course). I hope that clears up some of the confusion!
I figured that was the reason but thanks for clarifying. Either way if it was supposed to be eating frozen thawed you shouldn't be expected to have to find live mice for it. It sounds like he just lied about it to make the sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessia55 View Post
I refuse to become yet another person he scams and gets away with it. I am, in fact, filing at small claims court, and hopefully this will bring my family and I some closure.

-Alessia Bachrach
I hope you follow through with the lawsuit. Successful or not it may make him think twice before doing this to anyone else. Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!