First Time BP owner...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #1
lobo
First Time BP owner......

hi guys, just a quick question. ive noticed that my bp seems kind of thin compared to pics of other pythons 3 months old or so. when he bends his body, his skin folds are prominent and he doesnt have that much of a plump shape. i did notice that i have not once seen him soak in his dish though he does drink out of it daily. i do mist his cage atleast twice a day, though i do not mist him directly but above the screen (into the air). he has been eating on schedule though he regurgitated his mouse about 4 days after eating it. a day later, he did the biggest poop ive ever seen him do. if any of you have had an experience like this, i would appreciate some info. sorry i do not have pics. thanx in advance.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
NorthernRegius.com
What is the frequency of his feeding schedule? Has a fecal analysis been done to rule out internal parasites?

You mentioned you are feeding mice? Weaner rats or rat pups offer better nutrition so getting him on those sooner rather than later would be a plus. However, give him a break after a regurge & wait a week before offering food of any kind.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #3
lobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRegius.com
What is the frequency of his feeding schedule? Has a fecal analysis been done to rule out internal parasites?

You mentioned you are feeding mice? Weaner rats or rat pups offer better nutrition so getting him on those sooner rather than later would be a plus. However, give him a break after a regurge & wait a week before offering food of any kind.
he its every friday. only time i had a problem feeding him was a when i was given a "hopper" for him to eat for first time. i was scared that he would could be hurt so i gently "wacked" the mouse while in its bag, but i accidentally killed it. when i put my bp in the bag, he didnt touch it. i figure that he prolly likes his food live so i went back, bought another one and he ate it instantly. i have not taken him to a vet though so i guess that should be the next step. thank you for your input.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
toddhowudoing
regurge

i give mine 2 weeks if they regurge then feed them something a little smaller. I had a little boa regurge, fed him the same size item the next week, he didnt digest it good and wasnt able to poop it out, it backed him up and he died

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!