Lucky, the rescued Savannah Monitor. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #11
TheFragginDragon
Hey Cat, I was hoping they'd take him in earlier to get the bloodwork done, but I have to wait til this Sat, so I won't get the results until probably Tues at the earliest.

More Pics! He loves his turkey!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
Mooing Tricycle
He is looking SO GOOD! What a little cutie! *almost makes me want a sav someday!* Very cool John! that tongue pic is PRICELESS!!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #13
drake1322
lol nice toung shot.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #14
Cat_72
Aw, he does look great, John!

You'll have to be sure and let us know what you find out when you get his tests back.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #15
TheFragginDragon
Thanks Alicia & Jared! It was a bit of lucky timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
Aw, he does look great, John!

You'll have to be sure and let us know what you find out when you get his tests back.
Thanks Cat, will do!

Just got back from the vet's, he did lose a little bit of weight. I'm in kind of a catch-22....I have to be careful about feeding him too much protein because if his liver function is compromised it could cause problems, but he needs to eat more too. The doc added a bile (?) test to the list of things to check the bloodwork for, and if everything checks out, then I can start increasing his intake to put more meat on his bones . I'll post after the results are back.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #16
TheFragginDragon
Got the call from the vets today........Lucky has a clean bill of health!!! I don't have the hard copy of the test results yet, but Dr Pope told me over the phone that all of his readings were within normal levels. Even the SGOT level, which was over 400 on the initial test, is down in the 50's ( ). She wants me to continue the liver pills until they're all gone, but I won't have to get refills on the antibiotics ( ).

I feel like throwing him a party, but I don't think he'd appreciate the hat. Well, I'll just start giving him what he always wants anyways....MORE FOOD!

Tell you what, after over $400 of vet costs, he'd better give me lots of years of companionship!! I'm certainly committed...

Old 12-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #17
TheFragginDragon
Lucky continues to improve, he's filling out noticeably, and eating like a pig (I should have named him hoover the way he sucks up anything edible ).

I was able to shoot a small video after one of his meals, he is, as usual, looking for more! This is an 11 meg file, so dial up beware.

Lucky

Old 12-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #18
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Lucky continues to improve, he's filling out noticeably, and eating like a pig (I should have named him hoover the way he sucks up anything edible ).

I was able to shoot a small video after one of his meals, he is, as usual, looking for more! This is an 11 meg file, so dial up beware.

Lucky
lol dialup be very aware... HA Im watching now!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #19
drake1322
were is vid. and ill get some pics of my monitor soon. he is doing great also very active!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #20
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake1322 View Post
were is vid. and ill get some pics of my monitor soon. he is doing great also very active!
Just click the word "Lucky" in my post.

Get them pics up amigo!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!