Sticking? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Leopard Geckos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 06:08 PM   #1
fender7819
Sticking?

Ok im thinking about getting a leopard gecko. I have decided between a beardie and a leopard gecko but am going towards the gecko because theyre cheaper and easier to take care of. But all the geckos ive had in the past stuck to the walls of the cage. Do leopards have this ability? and when you get them are they easy to handle after theyve adjusted a little?
Thanks,
Josh
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-23-2004, 07:33 PM   #2
AFHerps
No, the leopard geckos do not have the ability to stick to the wall. You actually come out cheaper for the Leo like you said and actually get to keep it longer than the beardie. The leo will live for 20+ years if taken care of properlly. And the beardie will live for 5-7 years. So you can take your chance with the leos

Old 11-23-2004, 11:35 PM   #3
Manhattan Herps
actually a beardie could live alot longer than 7 years...dont know where you heard they can't...

Old 11-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #4
AFHerps
Yes a beardie can live longer than 7 years but i never said that once they hit 7 years they are gonna drop dead. Beardies normally live for 5-7 years on average. And leos can live for 20+ years.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:48 PM   #5
Sunset Gecko
Both

I have beardies and leopard geckos and I like them both equally. However, leopard geckos are by far much cheaper to feed and house. A pair of adult dragons can cost around $20 a month just to feed. I have bred several leopard geckos this year and have one leopard gecko left for sale if you're interested. It's a SHCT female. Go here: http://www.sunsetgecko.net/available.html for more info.
Hope this helps,
-Eric

Old 11-27-2004, 11:15 PM   #6
sillyakasha
Actually Leopard Geckos only live for about 10 years.

Old 11-27-2004, 11:40 PM   #7
AFHerps
Actually there is a male leo that is in the Hartford Breeding Facility that is 27 years old. And in all books and zoos that i have been to am studied they live for 20+ years if taken proper care of. Females lifes are shorter than males. SO yes you are looking to get 20+ years from a gecko if you take correct care of it.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:21 AM   #8
groovygeckos
i have read of

the oldest known leo lived to be 29 years old !

Old 11-30-2004, 11:35 AM   #9
ShannanD25
I have a female who is over ten. With proper care they can live longer then ten years, according to web info and books...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread