Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:19 PM   #81
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
If she approached me and asked for money because she needed the money due to her financial need, I would have most likely to helped her by sending her the money but I felt that she was rather being greedy instead.
I think you may be spending too much time in your echo chamber, because out here in the real world - where you're not surrounded by people who may decide it benefits them to support you no matter what - I have to doubt that I'm the only one who just sees you as being needlessly petty. If it were a matter of "need," you would have given her the cash, but the simple act of her wanting what she's owed - per your terms - somehow changes things for you? Not out here, it doesn't. If you keep contorting to justify your chosen course, you may end up pulling something.

Although it wasn't explicitly stated in your initial mention of the raffle and its terms, I believe any reasonable person would have read it and come to the conclusion that they'd get 1) an animal that was produced from your own breeding stock; 2)$3000 if such an animal weren't produced. I'm not sure if you're trying to get clever with just what it means to "produce" something, but all context, as it relates to the reptile world, is supportive of the OP's position.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #82
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
This is truly disconcerting indeed.
Ty Parks HAD an awesome reputation and has indeed done much good work for great causes but.......
Old saying....hero to zero in 60 seconds flat!
It takes years to build up a good reputation and just one bad episode along these lines to ruin it possibly forever.
Now yes $3000 is a decent chunk of change and not to be thrown around freely but unless something else comes to light I would say it is pretty much cut and clear by his own statement of the terms.
The animal that HE produced as per the raffle terms or $3000 cash as per his own terms.
Not sure how much more straightforward that could be?
we need to also remember that he got $8,510 for this tegu that he claims he offered me.
$3,000 from the original raffle when i was a winner.
then when he re raffled it he got another
$3,000 donation and
$2,510 from the new winner.
i wish he had offered me the t+ like he posted that he did (but didn't) he gave the other 3 people t+ purple albinos because that was all he produced but he wouldn't give me one because he thought i was "greedy"
so he should at least pay me the money promised.

in my state it is not legal to do a raffle the clerk said when he hears the case which is now at the end of febuary i will definitely get the $400 and the $100 back for filing because the raffle was not legal here. but he advised me to retain council and see about pursuing it in his state (FL). this is why he gave me another court date.
i may have to go to FL and sue him there which IMO is ridiculous because it shouldn't have gotten to this point......
i will go to fl if i have to but it will be a big expense and i will ask for my legal fees and travel expenses too.
the state lottery and the its could check into this as well, but i have been put through enough and i wish that he would just give me a prize that was offered in the raffle either a t+ that he produced or the money.
because the other 2 original winners received a t+ albino purple and i feel like i should have received one as well.
according to his 2nd post when the official raffle started on march 10th he only specified an "baby albino" that he produced and to de delivered in july 1016
he admits to only producing the t+ purple albinos and that is whet i should have received.
I'm sorry if that seams wrong to some people.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #83
nickolasanastasiou
Taesoon, name the "good friend" you anonymously quoted.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #84
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3240 View Post
Are you this aggressive face to face or just online?
If I was standing in front of you, you wouldn't be stupid enough to insult my intelligence by looking me in the eye and telling me to my face that because of you and the other idiot cult-like followers of this man who ripped off all these people for raffle tickets doesn't owe the op a tegu or $3,000 dollars. You are a keyboard gangster trying to imply that someone else is a keyboard gangster. I was replying to a moron who said something 110% false, regaurdless of wether he was too lazy to read, or just ignorant enough not to comprehend what he read. Nobody with cognitive brain function could read what's been posted and say that the OP, who shelled out $400 with a small chance and likely no expectation of winning something, asking for what she won, which was a tegu and which she has always wanted to be the tegu, as opposed to the $3,000 cash that was promised if the situation that arose happened, is somehow trying to take advantage of this guy who has at present time, stolen from her.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #85
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
A good friend sent me a brief message while I was in the plane getting ready to takeoff, headed home to Chicago. The message simply said in entirety as follows:
"Hey Ty,

Don't respond to the fauna BOI. She's trying to take advantage of you, plain and simple."

This was the first I heard of a recent post on FaunaClassifieds as I haven't been active on that site for a while now.

I have no time to read all the comments or even the initial complaint made by Michelle as I rather spend my valuable time during this precious season with my family and friends. It's is just a speck of irritation on my glass-is-always-full-life.

When IRCF (International Reptile Conservation Foundation) was having difficulty with it's fund raising efforts to help save some of the critically endangered iguanas, I wanted to step up and help. After couple days of thinking, I decided that the best way for me to help them right away was to run a raffle for one of my most desired species (albino tegu) that would be produced in 2016. At this point in the year, I was mostly sold out of animals that I produced in 2015 and I was also tapped out on my giving to reptile related causes, which exceeded $50,000 in 2015.

I ran the idea by IRCF, which is a registered non-profit, and they agreed that we should give it a try. The idea was for me to donate 2 albino tegus to raffle off to raise funds. In addition, I also donated a third albino tegu to a donor who wanted to donate $2500 for one albino tegu---instead of participating in a raffle. We collectively raised more than $7500 (it might be closer to $9000.00 but I can't remember the exact figure at the moment) for IRCF.

What I forgot or didn't think about at the time of the raffle was that there are two types of albino tegu: one is typical albino which are T- albino and the other is highly priced T+ or Purple albino tegu. These were produced by breeding heterozygous blue tegus, so the outcome of which albino or how many by looking at the parents or the eggs are useless. I typically sell my T- albino blue Tegu's for $2500 and T+/purple albino blue tegus for $5000. In 2015, most of my albinos were T- with only two being hatched as T+, which I kept as future breeders. That result was what I was expecting in 2016 but it didn't turn out that way---all the albino tegus I produced were, to my surprise, T+ albinos. At this point, I decided to tell Michelle and others that, although I produced albino tegus, they were all expensive type and that I would buy 3 normal T- tegus from a friend to send to them. I could have just bought the tegus from a friend and shipped them without them knowing but I wanted to be honest and open. The other two winner and buyer was more than happy and gracious but not Michelle. She wanted the $3000 instead because "I didn't produce albino tegu"---which I clearly did. If she approached me and asked for money because she needed the money due to her financial need, I would have most likely to helped her by sending her the money but I felt that she was rather being greedy instead. At this point she started to inundate me with questions which I did not want to answer knowing what kind of person she was and that anything I say might be twisted by her to her advantage, so my answer to her was none or very short. I decided also that I would send her the tegu that I produced (T+ albino) since her contention was that she wanted one that I produced and not by someone else, but I didn't communicate that with her to the end because I wanted to see what kind of person she was and she was greedy to the end. I ask for her address twice so that I could ship her the tegu but she refused each time. After the second refusal, I decided to auction off the tegu I was going to ship her to raise more money for IRCF, which we did to the tune of more than $5000.

Soon I received a registered letter informing me of a lawsuit filed by her in MA. After much thought, I hired an attorney to take care of the lawsuit and fight her claims in court. We decided to ask for change of venue as it would be difficult/inconvenient for me to attend this court case and because the farm is in FL. After few back and forth filing amendments, my attorney set up a phone session with magistrate judge on Dec. 13. At this meeting, she asked for a tegu but I refused because I didn't think she deserved it and that tegu I saved for her was auction off already. I offered her $400 to reimburse her for the raffle tickets she purchase. The next court date is in February and I'll let the judge decide what is right. All I wanted to do was to help the animals in desperate need. In the future, I would still try to help animals in need but with caution. If I see a suffering dog in an enclosed car, I am still going to break the "law" and damage someone's property.

I am currently dictating this response in flight so that once at home, I would not waste my valuable time on this. This will be my one and only post. I'll let others judge me for my actions positive or negative. This time of the year is great and fun time for me and I wish everyone the same---great holiday season filled with love of family and friendship. Here's looking at 2017 with open arms and open hearts.

Ty
i dont know how to quote certain things here but really ty....

who talks to people and about them like this???

"What I forgot or didn't think about at the time of the raffle was that there are two types of albino tegu: one is typical albino which are T- albino and the other is highly priced T+ or Purple albino tegu. These were produced by breeding heterozygous blue tegus, so the outcome of which albino or how many by looking at the parents or the eggs are useless. I typically sell my T- albino blue Tegu's for $2500 and T+/purple albino blue tegus for $5000. In 2015, most of my albinos were T- with only two being hatched as T+, which I kept as future breeders. That result was what I was expecting in 2016 but it didn't turn out that way---all the albino tegus I produced were, to my surprise, T+ albinos. At this point, I decided to tell Michelle and others that, although I produced albino tegus, they were all expensive type and that I would buy 3 normal T- tegus from a friend to send to them. I could have just bought the tegus from a friend and shipped them without them knowing but I wanted to be honest and open."

HE WASNT EVEN ABLE TO GET THE 3 FROM HIS FRIEND...

"If she approached me and asked for money because she needed the money due to her financial need, I would have most likely to helped her by sending her the money but I felt that she was rather being greedy instead."

THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO ABOUT ME NEEDING THE MONEY. I DONT NEED THE MONEY, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO RECIEVE WHAT WAS PROMISED AND I FEEL THAT TY WAS UNFAIR ANS DECEPTIVE IN THIS RAFFLE ( AT LEAST WUITH ME)

"but I didn't communicate that with her to the end because I wanted to see what kind of person she was and she was greedy to the end. I ask for her address twice so that I could ship her the tegu but she refused each time."

TY NEVER SAID TO ME HE WOULD SHIP ME A T+ PURPLE ALBINO. THE TIMES HE ASKED ME FOR MY ADRESS I HAD NO IDEA OF WHAT WAS GOING TO BE SHIPPED. THE FIRST TIME HE WOULDNT GIVE ME THE BREEDERS INFO AND COULDNT OR WOULDNT EVEN SUPPLY ME WITH ANY PICS OF WHAT HE WANTED TO SEND ME....

"I didn't think she deserved it and that tegu I saved for her was auction off already."

$8,510 HE GOT FOR THIS SUPPOSED TEGU
THAT IN MY OPINION IS GREED AND HIS WORDS AND ACTIONS ARE LIKE HE FEELS HE IS THE REPTILE GOD.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND IN TYS POST HERE TO ME IT IS CLEAR THAT HE IS SOMEONE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD BEWARE OF. UNLESS THEY WANT TO KISS HIS A$$ AND BOW DOWN TO HIM

I HAVENT CALLED TY NAMES, I WAS AS CALM AS I COULD BE IN MY MESSAGES WITH HIM AND ONLY WANTED WHAT WAS RIGHTFULLY MINE.
NOW HE MAY FEEL THAT HE HAS A LOOPHOLE BECAUSE OF THE LAWS HERE IN MASS AND THERE IN FL OR WHERE HIS PLACE OF RESIDENCE IN ILLINOIS IS BUT EVEN IF I DONT GET ONE CENT FROM HIM PEOPLE NEED TO USE CAUTION WHEN DEALING WITH THIS MAN.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #86
Mike (The M)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
we need to also remember that he got $8,510 for this tegu that he claims he offered me.
$3,000 from the original raffle when i was a winner.
then when he re raffled it he got another
$3,000 donation and
$2,510 from the new winner.
i wish he had offered me the t+ like he posted that he did (but didn't) he gave the other 3 people t+ purple albinos because that was all he produced but he wouldn't give me one because he thought i was "greedy"
so he should at least pay me the money promised.

in my state it is not legal to do a raffle the clerk said when he hears the case which is now at the end of febuary i will definitely get the $400 and the $100 back for filing because the raffle was not legal here. but he advised me to retain council and see about pursuing it in his state (FL). this is why he gave me another court date.
i may have to go to FL and sue him there which IMO is ridiculous because it shouldn't have gotten to this point......
i will go to fl if i have to but it will be a big expense and i will ask for my legal fees and travel expenses too.
the state lottery and the its could check into this as well, but i have been put through enough and i wish that he would just give me a prize that was offered in the raffle either a t+ that he produced or the money.
because the other 2 original winners received a t+ albino purple and i feel like i should have received one as well.
according to his 2nd post when the official raffle started on march 10th he only specified an "baby albino" that he produced and to de delivered in july 1016
he admits to only producing the t+ purple albinos and that is whet i should have received.
I'm sorry if that seams wrong to some people.
Honestly, if you're able to get the money back that you initially put in and the court costs, I'd leave it at that. Yes, you won. Ty is clearly not going to hold up his end of the bargain, and is it really worth it to go down to Florida where you may or may not get what you won?

Consider the value of your own time, as well as the added level of a contentious hearing, if he shows. If you can get your $400 and court costs back, cut your losses, and call it a day.

The point has been made, and really, this thread has served its purpose.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:56 PM   #87
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
i dont know how to quote certain things here but really ty....

who talks to people and about them like this???

"What I forgot or didn't think about at the time of the raffle was that there are two types of albino tegu: one is typical albino which are T- albino and the other is highly priced T+ or Purple albino tegu. These were produced by breeding heterozygous blue tegus, so the outcome of which albino or how many by looking at the parents or the eggs are useless. I typically sell my T- albino blue Tegu's for $2500 and T+/purple albino blue tegus for $5000. In 2015, most of my albinos were T- with only two being hatched as T+, which I kept as future breeders. That result was what I was expecting in 2016 but it didn't turn out that way---all the albino tegus I produced were, to my surprise, T+ albinos. At this point, I decided to tell Michelle and others that, although I produced albino tegus, they were all expensive type and that I would buy 3 normal T- tegus from a friend to send to them. I could have just bought the tegus from a friend and shipped them without them knowing but I wanted to be honest and open."

HE WASNT EVEN ABLE TO GET THE 3 FROM HIS FRIEND...

"If she approached me and asked for money because she needed the money due to her financial need, I would have most likely to helped her by sending her the money but I felt that she was rather being greedy instead."

THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO ABOUT ME NEEDING THE MONEY. I DONT NEED THE MONEY, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO RECIEVE WHAT WAS PROMISED AND I FEEL THAT TY WAS UNFAIR ANS DECEPTIVE IN THIS RAFFLE ( AT LEAST WUITH ME)

"but I didn't communicate that with her to the end because I wanted to see what kind of person she was and she was greedy to the end. I ask for her address twice so that I could ship her the tegu but she refused each time."

TY NEVER SAID TO ME HE WOULD SHIP ME A T+ PURPLE ALBINO. THE TIMES HE ASKED ME FOR MY ADRESS I HAD NO IDEA OF WHAT WAS GOING TO BE SHIPPED. THE FIRST TIME HE WOULDNT GIVE ME THE BREEDERS INFO AND COULDNT OR WOULDNT EVEN SUPPLY ME WITH ANY PICS OF WHAT HE WANTED TO SEND ME....

"I didn't think she deserved it and that tegu I saved for her was auction off already."

$8,510 HE GOT FOR THIS SUPPOSED TEGU
THAT IN MY OPINION IS GREED AND HIS WORDS AND ACTIONS ARE LIKE HE FEELS HE IS THE REPTILE GOD.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND IN TYS POST HERE TO ME IT IS CLEAR THAT HE IS SOMEONE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD BEWARE OF. UNLESS THEY WANT TO KISS HIS A$$ AND BOW DOWN TO HIM

I HAVENT CALLED TY NAMES, I WAS AS CALM AS I COULD BE IN MY MESSAGES WITH HIM AND ONLY WANTED WHAT WAS RIGHTFULLY MINE.
NOW HE MAY FEEL THAT HE HAS A LOOPHOLE BECAUSE OF THE LAWS HERE IN MASS AND THERE IN FL OR WHERE HIS PLACE OF RESIDENCE IN ILLINOIS IS BUT EVEN IF I DONT GET ONE CENT FROM HIM PEOPLE NEED TO USE CAUTION WHEN DEALING WITH THIS MAN.

I agree by his wording that you should get the tegu or money promised. But please remember that the money made didn't go to Ty. It went to a non profit and he didn't profit from this. Just want to put that out there since you made it sound like he made this money and was greedy. That said, I hope he makes you right. It's the right thing to do and would go a long way for his reputation which has always been excellent. I've seen him bid up charity auctions and give large sums to USARK. I believe he's a good guy, but he does need to fix this asap. Good luck to you and I hope this is settled soon.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:59 PM   #88
Sugarhedgie
im sorry i am trying to not let my emotions get in the way but he has made libelous statements about me, slandered me, called me names and i am really disappointed in ty i will NEVER purchase from him nor will i suggest anyone else purchase from him.

i am a reptile keeper and a breeder of small animals and i would NEVER talk to a person like this especially a customer.......

i have never done business with someone that has talked to me like this... my parents and kids dont even speak to me like this.

very disappointing

i think mr Ty Park needs to step back and jump off his horse.

treat people how you want to be treated.

a while back he flipped on his page because someone called him "bud"

i can only imagine what he would do or how he would feel if someone called him GREEDY, UNEDUCATED, THANKLESS and basically demand that he bow down to them.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:59 PM   #89
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (The M) View Post
Honestly, if you're able to get the money back that you initially put in and the court costs, I'd leave it at that. Yes, you won. Ty is clearly not going to hold up his end of the bargain, and is it really worth it to go down to Florida where you may or may not get what you won?

Consider the value of your own time, as well as the added level of a contentious hearing, if he shows. If you can get your $400 and court costs back, cut your losses, and call it a day.

The point has been made, and really, this thread has served its purpose.
I agree something else may be best, maybe if she agrees, refund, court costs and donate the rest of the 3 grand in her name, that would be generous of her but still not fair, but at least neither will lose and at least he can walk away with a little dignity and redemption, and I think he'd go for it.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:22 PM   #90
Sugarhedgie
i dont know what the purpose of promises or rules are if they can just be broken.

people say he is a man of his word. but he is not, people say he is a great guy and a respected breeder but would a great guy try and humiliate, degrade and slander someone if they are in the right? no

this all could have been avoided if he just upheld his part of the deal which he could have easily done both financially OR with offering a me a t+ like he did with the others. just because he now says that he felt that i was not worthy of receiving the money or the prize that he promised does not and should not let him off the hook.
this is an awful way of doing business.

i have never dealt with someone who is narcissistic, or egotistical and i hope i never have to again.

i donate in the sugar glider community a lot (maybe not on the same level as ty does but a donating is donating) but i dont want the praise, i dont flaunt it and i dont require recognition of it when doing business with someone.

i guess i need to accept that people treat people and do business with people in different ways.

my reputation is important and i am always true to my word, i expected that ty would have as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu