Drymarchon pictures - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #11
bmwdirtracer
Wow, Gila....many thanks. Decades ago, I lived in south Orlando area, and caught several couperi, all of which had very ruby-red throats. I'd thought the all-blacks were from regions Northwards....but as I recall , Longwood is immediately adjacent to Orlando, maybe NE, towards Daytona?

Many thanks for sharing!

Old 10-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #12
gila7150
That picture is from about 10 years ago and it was found in Citrus County. I doubt there are many if any couperi left in Longwood because it's all pretty developed unfortunately.
Wekiva Springs State Park isn't too far away and there is plenty of suitable habitat there but I've never had any luck seeing one there. I'm sure they are there though.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #13
lovin2act
Christopher I love the pics!!! I let my guys slither around my 4 mini dogs every now and then, and the dogs do much of the same as your cats. They will cautiously sniff and investigate but they always keep a good buffer zone in case of a giant black noodle attack haha! My big boy is just over 5.5 feet, and my younger boy is about 4.5 feet...he is also a jerk in his cage and loves to strike and bite until I get him out. Then he is chill. Little freak he is. My older one has never been cage aggressive so not sure where the younger one got that from. Oh well.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #14
eminart
Hey guys, I'll throw a couple photos of my boy in the mix. He's a '13 model, but he came to me pretty small, in my opinion. But, I've had him about 2 1/2 months and he's tripled in weight and grown several inches.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #15
lovin2act
Gorgeous!!

Old 10-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #16
tim brophy
Nice! Who is the breeder? Most activity this forum has seen in months, thanks to bmwracer!

Old 10-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #17
eminart
Thanks!

Robert Bruce was the breeder.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #18
bmwdirtracer
A very handsome snake, Scott! He's very unique, in his golden color. My 4 snakes from Robert were also very small when I got them; I'm trying hard to correct that! Tim (above) has a '13 snake that's almost as big as my '12 pair!

If you go to the kingsnake.com Indigo forum, you'll find a long discussion regarding this. Robert has told me, by email, that he "maintenance feeds" his snakes, so as to avoid having to move them all to bigger cages. (Grrrrr)

Gila, by the girth of your blacktail, you're not shy about feeding them, any more than I am! Although I only have Easterns now, I love the looks of blacktails; can't imagine I'll be able to resist them for long.

Markus, that is truly a fantastic picture...and the one, on Kingsnake, that started me off posting pictures here....I'm really happy to see all the great Dry photos -- hope everyone will keep the thread going!

Old 10-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #19
eminart
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdirtracer View Post
A very handsome snake, Scott! He's very unique, in his golden color. My 4 snakes from Robert were also very small when I got them; I'm trying hard to correct that! Tim (above) has a '13 snake that's almost as big as my '12 pair!

If you go to the kingsnake.com Indigo forum, you'll find a long discussion regarding this. Robert has told me, by email, that he "maintenance feeds" his snakes, so as to avoid having to move them all to bigger cages. (Grrrrr)
Thanks! I know I really like him a lot. He's a cool little dude. But, he's still pretty shy, due to being young and small. I kind of suspected the "maintenance feed" is what was going on. Hopefully, with plenty of food, he'll catch up eventually.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #20
eminart
In an effort to keep this thread going, here's a couple more of my boy. He's growing like a weed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!