Need Help Indentifying Red Tail Boa - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: What Type Of Boa?
Clean BCI 6 85.71%
Clean BCC 1 14.29%
Central American 0 0%
Something Else, I Don't Know 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #21
AtrociousOne
yeah, i jus realized that lol

Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #22
Metachrosis
then 6-8 months later you find the breeder has sold near 100 of the same thing and done banked another profitable year.Some folks are slow to catch on to shell games in the reptile biz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt80 View Post
I've heard someone say before that a snake is worth how much you're willing to pay for it and I believe that.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #23
AtrociousOne
aight please keep the discussion on track man. so you honestly believe it's a CA / BCI cross? i could see that some with the circles, but nothing else says CA to me?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #24
Metachrosis
How many CA's have you owned,raised ?
Its much more then just the dorsal pattern dots,see many pure Colombians with bullseye dots in there side medallions or a contrast fade in their head spear?
A Colombian BCI with all three markers in such overall symmetry,I think not!
Sure there could be an exception across the few thousands produced over the last couple decades.
Some get away with misrepresentation and after time its gets to be
a standard.Previously mentioned "Pastel" and or "Hypo" are all marketing terms used for profits and popularity in the cyber social ranks.
We keep one pure strain Colombian in our meager hobby group,
Central American BCI ssp is what we do here.

I will still cast the only vote for Colombian X Central American cross,since it wasnt listed as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrociousOne View Post
aight please keep the discussion on track man. so you honestly believe it's a CA / BCI cross? i could see that some with the circles, but nothing else says CA to me?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #25
AtrociousOne
is there a way to change the poll? i don't see an option for that and i'm not sure why i put BCC. impulse maybe? also, i've only owned one pure CA. i do the carpet python, ball python, leos, beardies, etc. but just now getting myself versed in the NUMEROUS different ways of boas lol. thank you for the input man.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:02 AM   #26
Jt80
Go to www.redtailboa.net and post those pictures and see what they say.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #27
Metachrosis
I didnt know people still visited that forum ?
Do I think this boa is pure Colombian ? No I do not,she is pretty and very clean,but in no way could I sell her offspring as Colombian.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #28
AbsoluteApril
Without knowing the history of the boa and/or seeing pics of the parents, all any of us can do is give our best guess. I deffinetly do not see any BCC characteristics in that boa. Looks like a good old BCi to me and I say it looks Colombian and a nice clean one at that.

I have lots of Colombian BCi with the circles in the middle of the saddles, never heard of that being a central american trait before unless I am understanding wrong. I know centrals are generally darker, smaller and have a higher saddle count. I'm not saying that his snake isn't CA or a mix, just that I have never heard of this saddle thing being strickly seen in CAs. Boas are incredibly variable in appearance.

some of my Colombian BCi showing the 'single bubble' in the saddles:

I'm not trying to say 'you're wrong' or anything, just want to understand if this is what you were talking about.

-April

Old 03-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #29
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Some get away with misrepresentation and after time its gets to be
a standard.Previously mentioned "Pastel" and or "Hypo" are all marketing terms used for profits and popularity in the cyber social ranks.
you lost me on this one... hypo is a proven genetic inheritble trait not a marketing ploy

Old 03-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #30
AtrociousOne
yeah, this guy's pretty big and light to be a central in my opinion, but he does show some darker CA traits in his tail. i don't know, i just know he's beautiful lol. but he's over 6 ft, and probably 14 LBs or so. maybe heavier, i don't have a scale to weigh him lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!