Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 47 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #461
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
Not to undermine your 15 years of vet experience, but NO ONE said anything about Mites causing the symptoms. It was mentioned that Elizabeth has already had a Corn snake show neuro symptoms from treating for the mites using CHEMICALS.

However, if that was the case, it would have popped up shortly after treatment, not several days. Not ruling it out as a possibility, however.

A soak isn't going to hurt, however I would definitely advise a vet and close monitoring and I would remove that snake from the room if it is anywhere near any others, even if I had to stick it in a bathroom.
Ok. I will find a place. And I will show you guys pics when I have it set up.

I have a vet apt now for 3:30 pm today. Warned them about IBD. They are not asking my to take extra precautions... They say they have no other snakes in the building. Anyway, So I gotta go soon, it takes about an hour to drive up there.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #462
Elizabethlea27
Nvm I have an hour.... and no word from Ashley.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #463
amercnwmn
Good Luck Elizabeth!!

Old 12-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #464
reticguy76
yes, absolutely. for instance, we have diagonsed ball pythons with ibd, that showed no neuro signs at all. just suddenly died. when a young snake dies and nothing can be explained, via history from the owner or a necropsy, then tissue, blood and organ samples are then sent out. brief case history, ball python came in, hadnt eaten in like 3 months (not unusual for a ball), regurged the last 4 rats it ate, and died. temps and humidity and all microevironment seemed well. we necropsied the snake, nothing to abnormal, liver looked weird but nothing horrible. sent it out to lab, came back suspect boa/python inclusion body disease. this was a hospital i did relief work at some time ago.
not all ibd cases are gonna be neuro, as well as not all will have constant regurge or wounds that wont heal, etc.
its just that neuro is one of the classic signs of ibd, and with the history of this snake, i would bet high that it has it (assuming that the snake in question is truely neurologic and not gettin any better)

Old 12-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #465
reticguy76
oh yeah, and good luck. hopefully, the snake is just laying like that and is fine. the pupil in the one exposed eye, looked fairly normal from i could see. but always better to be safe than sorry, especially in this case where the history is a vital role

Old 12-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #466
deborahbroadus
Why wait? Just sacrifice one now for testing, get peace of mind, NOW.

BTW: I would also advise using the information posted earlier by ShadowAced (Diem) earlier and going that route to get refunds instead of waiting on Ashley's "Good Intentions."

Old 12-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #467
amercnwmn
Unfortunately having the one tested still won't rule out IBD.
That's the bitch of this disease.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #468
Elizabethlea27
Deb you have a strong point. I will ask my vet if they can ship biopsy samples to a lab that can test for IBD, I've only used this exotic vet for a ferret before even though she does snakes. So I will ask. If this clinic is not capable of sending out samples, I may wait until after xmas and drive to a farther location which is better equipped to have him euthanized and tested >.< Regardless of symptoms, just because of his history.
It would make me feel better to have an up and down answer sooner rather than later.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #469
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
Unfortunately having the one tested still won't rule out IBD.
That's the bitch of this disease.

True.. ...

Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #470
RachelSS
well, Ashley said she would contact me by 2pm CST, that leaves her 14 minutes to tell me what her husband has discussed with her regarding the refund.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd