Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 62 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #611
ShadowAceD
Hmn ... that sounds a little arrogant, and I don't want it to ...

I've helped set up a pretty awesome row of dominos.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #612
ozz465
ic sorry missed that post . good to hear

Old 12-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #613
sally-dog
I think if she really, truly wanted to rectify this situation and make good, she would have been corresponding here... every single step of the way. I believe if she had done that from day one of this thread, this she might have salvaged something.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #614
ShadowAceD
Well, sometimes you can tell far more about a person by what they do not do, rather than what they do actually do.

If she wants to be another statistic, so be it.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #615
KelliH
Quote:
I attached his leash and took him to the sofa... As soon as he saw it and I said NOOO! in a VERY stern loud voice, he snarled and lunged at me... Thankfully I had the leash on him... And choked him back, but he did manage to land a nice K9 tooth on me... I threw him down and grabbed his throat and then literally dragged him by his choke chain to his crate and locked him in it, dragged it outside and he's sitting in his crate facing the brick wall locked up....
Shame on you for treating that beautiful dog in such an abusive way Ashley. You have no business owning a dog.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #616
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Well, sometimes you can tell far more about a person by what they do not do, rather than what they do actually do.

If she wants to be another statistic, so be it.
Oh, absolutely!

Old 12-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #617
SakaraGT4
The refunds are in process... and I will make a post tomorrow regarding that and other things throughout this thread... I've begun writing one, but it's very long

Old 12-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #618
amercnwmn
That is a good start.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:01 AM   #619
SakaraGT4
Well, it's done now, so I'll go ahead and post...

I purchased a BCL male from a guy in Sept. 2009. I searched the BOI to see if he had any bad guy threads, which he didn't at the time... Up until this point I had ONLY bought from reputable breeders who were well known... I bought the BCL and when it got to the old duplex we were in, I set him up in a bin in our living room... All our other snakes were housed in the spare bedroom... When we moved to the new house, we put most of the snakes and cages in the back of the UHaul truck but had a couple up front with us, including the BCL... There were only like 2 or 3 (I forget) but I know we each had a snake on our laps and I THINK one on the floor... When we got to the new house we set up the bins and cages in the house, took pics and then re-separated the BCL from the main collection into the 1st spare bedroom because he was still new (approx. 1 1/2 months), I also have ppl to back that up who were there and saw the process. We received 10 het albino boas shortly after moving into the house and put them in the white rack in the 2nd spare bedroom... In early Nov. 2009 the BCL died... Up until this time, he had had no issues, always ate, never regurged, peed and poo'd normally, we had NO mites... I checked on him and he was acting aggressive and turned around and bit himself, attempted to constrict himself and died... I didn't have a temp gun at the time, but his cage was a little hot on the heat side so I thought maybe that was the issue and I felt TERRIBLE that I may have killed my snake... Upon necropsy and Pathology it stated he had Pneumonia and Inclusions along side... I talked to several ppl about this and I was told by ppl who have experienced inclusions and stuff that just because there were inclusions did not mean the snake had IBD... That Inclusions could form to fight off other issues such as Pneumonia, sort of like Inclusions can form in humans that have Alzheimer's disease... I took their word because I had not read Dr. Jacobson's info on IBD at the time... HOWEVER, I did not add any more animals for several months after that... WHEN I did add animals, they were kept in a brand new stack of repti-racks in the front room, away from the main collection... Yvonne moved in to our house in early Dec. fully knowing about the BCL and reading the pathology report, btw... I received several snakes from Zombi-Hed (RTB SN) in I believe.... Late March? The were kept in bins on the white rack along with the het albinos... One of those snakes ended up dying of starvation, but I will get to that in a later paragraph...

I lost my large common boa, Ruby, to a Pyrometra infection as I posted on RTB and STR back when it happened... I don't know the specifics of what happens in a pyrometra infection other than the ova go bad? and can kill the animal if not operated and removed... My vet told me it happens in dogs and cats semi-often, but not on a regular basis... He said it's pretty rare in snakes and after posting about Ruby's, I believe one or 2 other ppl said they had seen a pyrometra in a snake... I asked them to test her and my vet said there were no other issues with her... However, I don't have the reports... I lost her paperwork and the BCL paperwork, but I had uploaded them to my Hard Drive, which has either been lost or stolen back around August or September... If/When I find it, I WILL post it...

I lost my burm in late May... She didn't want to eat randomly one day and then when I shook the rabbit she kind of lazily wrapped it and just laid there... She, soon after tried to eat it and gave up... I checked back later and she still hadn't eaten it... I took the rabbit out and trashed it... The next day I went to clean cages and I went to get her out and she was just limp... I freaked out and called my vet... Got her out of the snake room and put her in the empty spare bedroom as Yvonne had moved out by then... Took her to the vet and made the decision to put her down... I told my vet I wanted to send her off for pathology because I was worried... It was a Friday, I remember that, because he couldn't send her off until at least Monday, so he kept her, alive, over the weekend... He called me on Monday or Tuesday when he sent her to pathology... He told me that they kept her nice and warm over the weekend and she was acting lively and seemed pretty much normal... But I had already made the decision... I asked him to specifically test for IBD or anything else that could be there... When he got the results back he called me and told me that she had liver and renal failure probably due to lack of nutrients or whatever... Now, when I got her she was over 3 years old and only 7ft and not very thick for a burm... She grew to 10-12ft or so in the year that I had her... I requested a copy of the report and got it, and it is posted in the BOI and I can repost it here if needed... Apparently, I missed this, but there is a 2nd part or something to the report... My vet never said anything about inclusions or anything when he called me and I DID specifically ask about that... But I am going to try to get the 2nd page or whatever just so that I know what it said...

The tiny jampea that died, if you want to find the pics, I dunno when I posted them... That snake was smaller than my hand at a year old... That is OBVIOUS neglect and starvation considering Zombi-Hed told me he was feeding it baby mice or baby rats, I forget... every couple weeks or so... But yea... Adrya has a sibling to that animal and I guarantee it's not nearly that small... The animal was very skinny even for a young retic, very very very very small, and obviously not cared for properly by her previous owner... I got a couple meals in her and she acted like she had never eaten before... But she still died... I didn't know she died for a couple days and by then it was pointless to even try to get path...

I found a couple mites back in early 2008 after a show on bedding... I treated and they were gone... I switched to newspaper after that... I had tried mulch once, but decided I didn't like it and switched back to newspaper again... After that the mites I had were from bedding at NARBC 2009 when I decided to try aspen again... Crystal was actually here when I found one mite... I had only put the bedding in the front room repti-racks cages and found a mite a couple days later, I hadn't gotten around to putting aspen in the main snake room at the time... I IMMEDIATELY tossed the bedding out and treated like no tomorrow... However, even though there was no aspen in the main snake room, I treated ALL the animals in the house anyway... After that I have not had ANY mites since until Kyle's animals got here, which sucks... We found mites on them in late Sept. or Early Oct. and we treated them and none of my animals had them and still don't, BUT I DID treat all mine too... However it's my fault that I set the boxes that were to be shipped to Elizabeth and Rachel by the door before shipping which is next to the area where Kyle's animals are... Also, the bags I used to ship them in were sitting in a box on top of his cages...

Angel Rojas lied about the jamp... He TOLD me on the phone that the pics he was sending me, and posted on the BOI were "a little older" and he was in shed so he couldn't take new pics... Yes, I paid shipping for the snake, and yes he told me the jamp was very friendly and easy to handle... The jamp is NOT a friendly and easy to handle animal and he DID come with a fucked up mouth... Crystal saw him, her dad saw him, Kyle saw him and a non-herp fried saw him too... All within a few days of my actually getting the snake... I called him when the jamp got here to let him know he was fine... It was my bad for not examining the snake before telling him that he was good... Within a day or 2 I saw nasty crap on the front door of his cage... I looked at him, by myself, stupid decision, I know... And opened his mouth to find NASTY gooey-ness and cheesey looking crap in gashes in his gums... I didn't have anyone there so I couldn't take pics, I should have... I took him to the vet the next day as they were already closed when I saw this... My vet cleaned his gashes out in his mouth and gave him his first baytril injection... He gave me 3 others to give him... I treated him and he got 2 nasty baytril injection site burns... They healed up and within one shed he had no more baytril burns and no longer had any RI symptoms or nasty cheesey crap in his guns... AFTER he was treated, I DID post him up for sale temporarily because I took him in as a nice, handle-able animal and he IS NOT ONE... I decided to keep him as a pretty 'display' animal... To this day, he is still not easy to handle, but has had no further health issues...

I NEVER said I was in any kind of breeding whatever with Glades... I got 2 animals from them... Little Bit and my aberrant suri... If you remember, the suri I THOUGHT was preggo... And I called Tim at Glades to see if she had been housed with a male. She had. But she turned out not to be gravid, which to me was good...

As far as the mammals that came up in the thread... Yes, I have smacked Koda on the ass a couple times when he did bad things, have I beat him? No... I apologize that I tend to over exaggerate the way I word things sometimes when I'm pissed off... Same with the cats... I've smacked their asses a couple times when I caught them doing bad things, but I have a spray bottle around and blast them if they do something they aren't suppose to WHILE they are doing it... Koda has been very well behaved and I have had no issues with him since the last time I posted something on RTB which was I think the beginning-ish time of this year... There are several ppl who can vouch for that... All my animals, furry or scaley are fed, watered, cleaned, litter changed, papers changed, etc. properly and on regular basis...

The refund issues with the Bolivians are being resolved... The reason they took longer than expected is because I did not have the money in my paypal account anymore... I waited almost 2 weeks to transfer the money out after the snakes arrived in their homes... As our TOS states that we offer a 5 day guarantee... I still don't understand how it took a month to find mites on the animals? The couple times I saw mites on my animals after buying bedding I saw the mites within a few DAYS... Anyways, since I didn't have the money in my paypal account, I had to talk to Ryan about HOW to refund them... I do not have our credit card linked to my paypal account, so I had to talk to him... He wasn't online much and Skype apparently had a major fail so I had to talk to him about it through email, which took a couple days... He requested that I let him take care of the correspondence, which he did, and it is being worked out... Also, and this is NOT against Rachel, but she DID know that we had treated Kyle's snakes for mites before the Bolivians were born... Kyle had told her and she QT'd them when she got them due to that knowledge even though I had NOT seen ANY mites on my animals... I DID check mine and dug under scales and did not see ANY on ANY of my snakes, babies, yearling, adults, ANY... I DID still treat mine to insure they wouldn't get any... I continued to treat all the snakes to insure there were no mites on any of them... I guess I missed some eggs in the carpet or bags in the front room where Kyle's snakes are... After I was told that they found mites on the snakes, I went into the snake room and check the other baby Bolivians and no mites... I sprayed AGAIN just to make sure... and none...

Now, no snakes have passed since my burm in May... The BCL and only pathology to show inclusions was in Nov. 2009, over a year ago...

I am still not going to breed my animals this year... I will not be doing any expos this year... I was told to wait a year from the last death... Which, if you go based off of the BCL, it HAS been a year... But since my burm died in May, even though she and no others showed inclusions, I will still wait... I also plan to do liver biopsies on several animals so that I can start "clearing" the collection in writing... Once an animal comes back negative, I plan to separate it... We also plan in the near-ish future, to build an outside snake building... Keeping the boas and pythons in separate rooms in the building... Whether it be for breeders or just for pets, we still plan to do it...

I do apologize to Rachel and Elizabeth for the headaches... And that it took longer than expected to get the refund stuff going... I would NOT have sent any animals out if I saw any mites on them or suspected they may have mites... I had sprayed them along with everyone else in my snake room although I never saw mites on my animals...

I know this can't fix everything that happened, but I figured I would at least explain a few things and at least come say sorry and explain a couple things that were said and were either incorrect or misunderstood... It's not a fix, but it's something rather than nothing...

Old 12-25-2010, 01:01 AM   #620
SakaraGT4
OH... I also want to add, I did, in all honesty, forget that I posted ads in some of those places... Which is why I removed them when links were posted, as I forgot I had them in some of those places... Others, I couldn't edit or delete and I have asked admins to delete them on a couple sites since I can't...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd