Keith Northrop deceased - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
Mister Internet
Keith Northrop deceased

I was feeling the urge for more Scolopendra heros "castineiceps", and I tried to Google the only place that had ever had them consistently, Chameleon Counters. Imagine my surprise when the first results under a "Keith Northrop" Google search were to his obituary:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...84&mid=7537987

I don't know whether the obit is hilarious or unhinged, as there can be little doubt he wrote it himself, "pre-humously", if that's even a word. I also have no idea if the shop has passed to someone else or is still in business. I had good luck on two previous orders with him, I know many disliked him for many reasons, most of them justified lol. His prices were insane at a level matched only by his personality, but he was still someone's father, husband, grandfather, and friend.

Anyone have any more pertinent details? Also, if this thread needs to be moved feel free, I had no idea where to put it.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Thank you for sharing this Tom.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:22 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Thank you for letting us know Tom. He was a character that's for sure. RIP Keith

Old 11-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #4
Helenthereef
His obituary is brilliant. I want to plagiarise it. Sympathy to the family, but great to see he went out with character.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:49 AM   #5
JColt
I think he was a good guy, Just had no filter some times. I had heard the autopsy results indicate electrical problem with his heart. Sorry for wife and kids.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #6
Mech
By far the best orbituary ever penned out.
I never knew him or about him but have to say RIP to this guy.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #7
hupababy_83
That man had away with words. I’m not sure if I ever met him here. He reads as a great person. My respects to his loved ones and his friends on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
This was his profile here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ber.php?u=3598
He had a... colorful... history on Fauna

Old 02-17-2018, 05:17 AM   #9
John buhs
Good man. He will be sadly missed.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:30 AM   #10
theherbalfox
Keith's wife Sandra still has Chameleon Counters (and their exotic bird shop) with no plans to close. She told me after Keith died that she was selling his collections (ball pythons and hots). I'm fairly certain all of his hots went to one breeder, but I'm not sure who. You can contact her through the Facebook page or by phone.
Hope that helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!