👍 Ring doorbell - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 05-27-2018, 07:50 PM   #11
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
My concern would be someone stealing it off the door? I assume they made installation easy, so wouldn't removal be quite easy as well? I'm quite intrigued as it's quite a bummer having packages stolen from the door step.
I think you need a device that records the video stream on a remote recorder so you could review the captured video even if the transmitting video camera gets stolen. There are a number of such devices on the market. Some will also copy still images and/or video to an internet server or service as well as to your smartphone or tablet. I've found wireless cameras to be very capable and rather convenient to set up. Of course, you still need a power source for the cameras, but perhaps there are units available now with enough battery power to be practical for short term use. I have a unit that the wireless cameras are easily functioning a good 250 ft from the recorder, even when the signal is going through trees and brush.

Or you can get something simple but effective like a game trail camera. A lot of people use them for security cameras, since most can be had with heavy duty steel mounting boxes and cables that can be very securely attached to a surface to make theft or effective damage rather difficult.

Or heck, make up your own box booby trapped with capsicum pepper spray. I couldn't do something like this myself, because sure as heck I wouldn't remember that it was booby trapped and would wind up taking it inside and opening it myself... The mind is such a terrible thing to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQmlUAIbcXA

Old 05-27-2018, 07:59 PM   #12
Mech
It has an “odd ball” Allen screw that when properly secured would be a pain to remove.
I mean a crowbar would do it but then you would have the persons face stored in cloud memory.
You could also yell nasty things at the thief if you have you phone on you.
Last week I had a carpenter work here while we were not here and I could see his truck clearly.
I also used a couple of well placed game cams on the inside of the house.
I just don’t trust people much.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!