STARTING NEW REPTILE BUSINESS! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:50 PM   #1
KamikazeLlama
Question STARTING NEW REPTILE BUSINESS!

I'm going to be starting my first reptile business soon and I would like some input as to what I should stay with. Any help is appreciated! It doesn't matter to me what kind as I love reptiles and have kept quite a few in the past, but I recently moved and we couldn't get the ranks over in a timely manner and had to sell my pets. You can reach me by PM, message on this thread, heimanalex22@gmail.com, or 402-640-9656(text preferred) thanks again

Old 05-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #2
eric561
Without any further information, my best recommendation is to pursue an area that you are extremely passionate about. Do as much homework as possible, meet people who are involved with your area of interest...both online and in person, and do the right thing...even if you lose $ in the short term.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
TeefMissing
Are you trying to start a store front, or a website? Both require different marketing and business plans.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:41 PM   #4
Surreal Reptiles
Website

Old 05-23-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
Surreal Reptiles
This is my computer account

Old 05-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #6
Lucille
After you decide what to sell, but before you actually sell anything:

Create a good solid TOS to cover situations which may arise and decide what sort of guarantee you want to give and spell that out in the TOS
Investigate forms of payment and decide which you will accept
Give some thought to advertising

Good luck!

Old 07-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #7
Ed Clark
Alex, here's a little direction maybe it can help.

Find a species that you like a whole lot and breed them,such as bearded dragons,corn snakes or anything easy to start with stick with them and try to be the best you can be.

Avoid buying cheap imports for a quick flip, it will not benefit you in the long run.

To start you will have to work a regular job to keep the cash flowing. as your collection of breeders grows things will start to get easier as far as the enjoyment of breeding and being able to make good bucks and that will allow you to purchase more equipment such as racks and cages.

It's never easy but it can be alot of fun.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:16 AM   #8
theycallmeRP
I would also like to start my own business as well, good luck to you. Me personally I've been researching as much as possible looking at animal husbandry, biology books, and researching small business in general.

Does anyone have recommendations on how to get established with boards like here or the Facebook groups? Any tips on building a solid reputation as a reptile breeder?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!