I'm not a BS'er LOL. I have LOTS of blue dumbos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Tom11151979
I'm not a BS'er LOL. I have LOTS of blue dumbos

Here are some pictures!
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
Tom11151979
Here's some more!
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Tom11151979
And just a few more...

Not all dumbos...but all that aren't dumbos are het for dumbo!
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
Tom11151979
If there is one thing I am not, its a BSer LOL. So, there you go.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Amelanistic Orca
Interesting Big T.... Those are grey/gray to me my man... Take a look at the difference from mine.. You can tell a huuuuuuge difference in hueing... I'm very proud of you; by the by... The dumbos I work with are a real codom form too, no hets here... A little to alotta different than yours... I hope you're proud of yourself now??? Thanks for showing your true "colors." C yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 10-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
Tom11151979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
Interesting Big T.... Those are grey/gray to me my man... Take a look at the difference from mine.. You can tell a huuuuuuge difference in hueing... I'm very proud of you; by the by... The dumbos I work with are a real codom form too, no hets here... A little to alotta different than yours... I hope you're proud of yourself now??? Thanks for showing your true "colors." C yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
There are several forms of blue. All of them being a dilute of another color. These happen to be Russian Blue, which is a recessive trait.

Dumbo ears are also a recessive trait. I would love to see co-dominant dumbos.

I don't know why you feel the need to bash my rats. They are what they are. They're not worth $50, but I never claimed that they were LOL.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
Tom11151979
And "by the by", I'm proud enough of myself to leave my post up for others to look at and comment on. LOL.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
Amelanistic Orca
Just redid mine, don't need any funny guy comments.... Are my eyes bad??? Those are faaaaaaaaaaaaaar from blue Captain... Anybody else?? Man, I'm sorry I rained on your parade by simply placing some nice ratties up; you can buy mine, never said you couldn't; just gotta get down here?? What are you trying to do here T; besides ruin your rep?? I'll put yours to mine in a Pepsi challenge anyday of the week, twice on Sunday, and even on the holidays.. lol.... This is why mine command big bucks my man; they are rare true blues... And my lineage is a real codom form; meaning, there is either dumbos or normals, that's it, cut, dry and simple, I have heard of a recessive line; never seen one till now, and I hate to admit it, but I saw about two real dumbos in your shots... Do you wear contacts or glasses?? Yours are sooooo far from a "true blue." And, I hardly saw any dumbos in there... I'll be posting some reaaaaaaal dumbos in here tomorrow for ya'll to see... Not just gray... Black n whites, tans, tan n whites etc. etc... Why would you act like this over ratties??? Curious as heck to that question??

Old 10-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #9
Amelanistic Orca
So we can at least get the colors of the crayon box correct; I found an old pic for us to ref....
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2010, 02:41 AM   #10
Tom11151979
Here's some links for anyone who is ignorant as to the different types of blue rats out there.

www.afrma.org/ratgenpart3.htm

www.afrma.org/bluerat.htm

www.afrma.org/russianblue.htm

Also, dumbo ears are a simple recessive trait, just like an albino snake. When you breed a standard ear rat to a dumbo rat you get a rat that is heterozygous for dumbo, but looks normal. A rat will only display the dumbo ears when there is no other ear gene present. The rat must be homozygous for dumbo in order for it to be a dumbo rat. Fact is fact.

If you would like a lesson in rat genetics I would be glad to send you some more links where you can read up on things and update your misinformed opinions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!