New List of Books Available. Some SERIOUSLY RARE books here! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > All Other Herp Related Material

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 10:36 AM   #1
Chris Kelly
New List of Books Available. Some SERIOUSLY RARE books here!

I have been collecting books on reptiles since I was a kid. Many of these books have been out of print for many years and are highly sought after by serious enthusiasts and collectors. All books are in good used condition. All have been read extensively but there is no major dammage.

GILA MONSTER AND IT'S ALLIES, THE by Bogert and Martin del Campo 1956 (1993 reprint with a new preface by Charles M. Bogert and a retrospective essay by Daniel D.Beck) Hardback book, 242 pages, one colour plate, black and white photographs and line drawings
Notes: Quite possibly the quintessential book on the genus. Of course that’s my personal opinion. Please note that this book is out of print.
$100.00

Goanna: The Biology of Varanid Lizards (Australian Natural History Series)
by Brian Green, Dennis King
Covers the lifestyle, habitat, and life cycle of goannas, otherwise known as varanids or monitors. These lizards range in size from a few centimeters to the giant 3-meter Komodo dragon, and 25 of the 40 known kinds are in Australia. Includes color photos and drawings. Distributed in the US by ISBS. Annotation copyright Book News, Inc. Portland, Or.
Paperback: 102 pages
Publisher: New South Wales University Press; 1st ed edition (April 1, 1993)ISBN: 0868400939
Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 7.0 x 9.5 inches
Notes: This too is an excellent book for any Varanid enthusiast. Please note that this book is out of print.
$70.00

Dragon Lizards and Goannas of South Australia.
by Houston, T. F.
Publisher: South Australian Museum, Adelaide:
Date Published: (1978
Description: First edition) paperback, 84 pp., colour plates, text illustrations, maps.
Notes: This is a small book around the size of an average AFH book. It was published in Ausi and is geared toward people who keep reptiles native to Australia. Has some excellent photos and kind of cool local insight.
$25.00

Komodo, the Living Dragon
by Richard L. Lutz, Judy Marie Lutz
Publisher: DIMI Press
Pages: 184
Copyright: 1997
Notes: If you’re a reptile enthusiast and especially a monitor nut like myself you should read this book. Very interesting insight into the Varanid persona.
$20.00

Keeping and Breeding Geckos
Author: Hermann Seufer
Publisher: TFH Publications Inc.
Pages:190
ISBN: 0-86622-218-9
Notes: An excellent reference book for all Gecko enthusiasts.
$25.00

Giant Lizards
By Robert George Sprackland
Hardcover: 288 pages
Publisher: TFH Publications (April 1, 1992)
ISBN: 0866226346
Product Dimensions: 1.0 x 8.8 x 11.5 inches
Notes: This copy is signed by R. G. Sprackland himself. I actually got to meet Sprackland and have him sign my the first year it was published.
$50.00

Living Dragons: A Natural History of the World's Monitor Lizards
By Rodney Steel
Published: 1996.
Published by: Ralph Curtis Books
Pages: 160 pp.
Hardbound.
ISBN 0-88359-040-9.
Notes: This is an excellent and relatively up to date reference on monitor lizards.
$35.00

THE NATURAL HISTORY OF MONITOR LIZARDS
De Lisle Harold F.
Published 1996
pages:240
ISBN# 0-89464-897-7
Notes: For any monitor person anything written by Harold De Lisle should be a must have.
$50.00

The distribution of Amphibians and Reptiles of Riverside County
H.S.Robert Glaser
Published by: Riverside Museum Press
Published: 1970
Notes:This is a very old, very cool field guide type book of Riverside County. Some great historical relevance here!
$25.00

Mertensiella-Advances in Monitor Research
Wolfgang Bohme and Hans George Horn
Unknown Binding: 266 pages
Publisher: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Herpetologie und Terrarienkunde (1991)
ISBN: 3980192911
Notes: This book is out of print and VERY RARE!! My copy was bought used but in good condition.
$90.00
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread