Bug Closet - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2005, 12:25 PM   #21
raiquee
I buy mealies, supers, silkworms and hornworms. We got hornworms in pupates right now, mealies in aliens...thats about it lol. I just "kinda" try to get them to breed and if they don't, oh well! I am thinking of breeding mealies next season however, because i am expecting 70 eggs or so! Big jump from my 10 this season lol!

The way i house my bugs is basically in a rack system. I read that supers like it warm, as does Silkies. But our room gets warm so it won't have heat tape on it. The mealies are in one drawer, the beetles and aliens are in another. Supers in one drawer, Silkies in another. Once in awhile when i get waxies i have a drawer to put them in as well!

Old 11-21-2005, 04:28 PM   #22
Mari
Hmm..you have the beetles and the aliens in a drawer together? I have always had to keep the aliens separate from both beetles and mealies, as they tend to try and chomp on them, regardless of whether they have fresh veggies and fresh gutload or not. I have found it's caused some aliens to "die" and some to morph into incomplete beetles. Just kind of wondering about that...maybe I just have overly cannibalistic bugs...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!