Dilemma - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 06-08-2002, 10:58 AM   #1
reptilemama
I belong to another websote that has opened up a pet mall. The webmaster plans on donating all the proceeds to animal charities. She has donated to HSUS before, and plans to do it again. I have explained to her about their campaign to ban reptiles, and I am trying to convince her to donate to a better charity. She is convinced the ban will never happen, and says she can donate to a specific project. If she decides to continue donating, should I leave, even though it's a great site, and I'm helping a lot of people there learn more about reptiles? I'm hoping she'll change her mind, but I don't know what to do if she doesn't. Thanks.

Old 06-09-2002, 05:46 PM   #2
Audrina Head
Maybe you should explain to her that the money donated to HSUS doesn't go to animals!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WHAT IS THE HSUS DOING WITH ALL THAT MONEY?
The nation's largest animal advocacy organization, The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), raises enough money to bankroll at least one well-run animal shelter in every state and have enough left over to spay, neuter, feed and save the lives of tens of thousands of homeless cats and dogs every year.

So how many HSUS-run animal shelters benefit from its nearly $40 million annual budget? None.

Despite what very effective fundraising appeals of the HSUS would suggest, the real work of rescuing stray cats, dogs and other animals is done by local animal shelters and humane societies (which in spite of similar sounding names are NOT affiliated with HSUS). Yet each year, the Humane Society of the United States capitalizes on our concern for the plight of homeless animals with poignant fundraising campaigns that raise tens of millions of dollars in donations.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Quote taken from this site.

Old 06-09-2002, 08:17 PM   #3
Glenn Bartley
If it were me (my opinion follows) I would get out of that other site pronto. The Humane Society of the US is definitely anti herp ownership and is not a good cause. Anyone who contributes to it, even for specific programs, is supporting a society that in my view is nothing more than a bunch of control freaks trying to mandate what you can and cannot do with animals, and most of the things I have heard seem to fall into the cannot type. As I said this is my opinion, nothing more, you have to make up your mind for yourself based on any research you may want to do.

Old 06-11-2002, 09:28 AM   #4
meretseger
Tell her it's the American Humane Association that gives money to homeless puppies and kittens, the HSUS is just trying to stop you from fishing with your kids.

Erin Benner

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!