Is there a quality heat mat that comes with its own temperature control? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
CrotalusKlauberi
Is there a quality heat mat that comes with its own temperature control?

Is there a quality heat mat that comes with its own temperature control? I have tried Rheostats and Thermostats but didn't care for all the wires and the degree issues I had.

I have a heatlamp over the aquarium right now with an energy efficient soft white bulb over it. It uses 14W but puts out 60W of light. My temps are around 86F, just right IMO. The only problem is my humidity went from 44% to 36%.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
MGReptiles
As to my knowledge there isint a pad that has a built in thermostat(or I would carry it) Using some wire ties or flexloom will make the wires more manageable as some type of control is really necessary..

Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
Nero557
I don't mean to speak for Matt, but I'm pretty sure he can and does assemble the flexwatt for you if you'd like before he ships it to you (forgive me if any of this is wrong) I don't know him personally, but he seems very knowledgable and reasonable, if you'd just ask I'm sure when he puts it all together he could put wire ties or flexloom on the wires for you so you wouldn't even have to bother with it. Just a suggestion, and remember, it never hurts to ask...

Old 07-17-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
what about the Exo-terra Heatwave mats? i know theyre single heatmats and such, but i currently use them and theyre pretty much just like flexwatt, minus all the extra stuff you need for it.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
number1steakfan
flexwatt and esu thermostate are a cheap combo that works well

Old 09-23-2006, 03:24 AM   #6
sumguy
ultratherm is supposedly regulated

use temp control device with exo-terra - mine heated to 120F

about ultratherm from the BeanFarm website:
These pads are regulated, because of low wattage, to stay between 65 and 95F (depending on exterior temperature) thereby eliminating the need for a thermostat. However, if precise temperatures need to be achieved, use in combination with a proportional thermostat or a dimmer.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #7
kellysballs
I know this is a older thread but I origonally set up my balls with the exo terra heat pads and I realize after reading about them for the last few days that I should have a thermostat. So I have 6 cages with 6 different heat pads do I need 6 thermostats or should I just rip them out and replace with Flewatt and a thermostat. That being said with 6 peices of flexwatt can I just place the temp probe on one and set the temps to that cage?
Thanks for the info guys.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!