Ranco thermostat for $48 - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #21
Slitherin
They are posted for .....

sale on his website.

Old 01-25-2005, 11:15 PM   #22
DThomas
Sorry everyone for not checking in here for awhile....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTaLpYtHoN
is it neccesary to connect a power strip to the thermostat? doesn't the thermostat come with an outlet?
The thermostats do not come with any type of outlet. They must be wired. You can wire a powerstrip or a cord with a receptacle on it. If you wire a receptacle, you can always plug a powerstrip into it later if the need arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8926
Same question...What if i'm only using it to control 1 section of flexwatt for 1 enclosure. Do you have a wiring diagram for that??
Use the same diagram but wire in a 3 wire cord with a grounded receptacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
dennis i was wondering what the differences between these two are... the second one say it has a disply and sensor but i would imagine the first one would at minmum would have the display.. does the first one have both the display and sensor as well?
The first one is what I sell and it has a display and sensor. The only difference I can see by their description is the sensor length. The first one is 6.5 ft and the second one is 9ft. I'll check one out at my supplier tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela
Are these good temp controlers? I need one to control the temps in my cages (I will have 2-4 cages). Will this product work well? If so I am going to get one instead of the ones for $19.99. Thanks
They are very reliable controllers. One unit can easily control 4 cages as long as they are the same. Just remember to plug them all in at the same time since you only have one probe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherin
Use the same wiring diagram, instead of a power strip wire on a household extension cord. The ones you can get for a buck at wal-mart, they have three plugs so you can controll up to three heating elements.
Keep in mind this thermostat and the Ranco can handle over 1500 watts. Those small $1 extension cords are only rated for about 300 watts. It is not a good idea to wire in something rated less than the controller. You may be fine running flex watt but if you start adding in lights or CH emitters you run the risk of overloading the cord and having a danger of fire. A small piece if properly rated wire and a receptacle is only going to run you about $5 at Home Depot. It's a good investment to stay safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherin
They are the best for the money, alot better than the 19.99 unit, from which I have heard from several usedr is bound to fail.
You get what you pay for and the few extra dollars is money well spent when the safety of your herps and your home are involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela
How much would dennis charge to wire it up (for everything?) and how long would it take to get it??? Thanks
I charge $85 shipped for one wired either with a receptacle or powerstrip and $80 ea if you buy 2 or more. Shipping is usually the next day after the order is placed and is USPS Priority mail now. I used to use UPS Ground but they have become a real hassle and are real slow. The link to my website is in my signature.

I'll make sure to check this more often but if there are other questions, feel free to PM or email me and I will be happy to answer them.

Old 01-25-2005, 11:46 PM   #23
robin d.
my husband uses the heavy duty industrial cords... he knows all about this stuff but right now doesnt have the time to wire me some stuff up and he has taught me how to do which is easy but my eyes aint what they used to be, so i would worry about burning the house down... but i need a thermostat for my male incubators.... thats why i ordered one from you dennis (i still cant get pay pal to change my damn last name from when i got married) btw thank you for the prompt responce and service

Old 01-25-2005, 11:52 PM   #24
DThomas
I was wondering if that was you...lol You should have received an email from USPS with your delivery confirmation number. It is already on it's way. Thanks for the order Robin.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:04 AM   #25
robin d.
yup that was me and i got the notification.. real quick.
i have tried every way i know how to get my name changed but i do not know if you can do it... i remember talking to someone else and they had the same problem... so yeah thats my maiden name

Old 01-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #26
Scott Ashton
Controlsdepot appears to be no more.

What is the best price you have found for the Ranco ETC-111000?

There is quite a difference when searching through Google.

One place actually has them for $99.00!!!

The best price I have found on a "raw" unit is $59.99 here:

http://www.honeyrunapiaries.com/stor...ller-p-86.html

Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #27
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
Controlsdepot appears to be no more.

What is the best price you have found for the Ranco ETC-111000?

The best price I have found on a "raw" unit is $59.99 here:

http://www.honeyrunapiaries.com/stor...ller-p-86.html
But, does that price include shipping?

Old 01-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #28
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
But, does that price include shipping?
USPS Priority to my zip would be $4.80, so the total would be $64.79

Old 01-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #29
northstarboasandmore
Found one for 54.99 at

http://www.mgreptiles.com/Ranco.html

Old 01-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #30
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarboasandmore
I like this guy Dennis is still the man though! I dont have much respect for the other ranco and johnson controls thermostat suppliers but Dennis is a Class act!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!