USARK & Reptile Nation Save 5 of 9 species from FWS Constrictor Rule! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #41
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Bienkowski View Post
Please excuse any ignorance in this question but this ruling includes Royal/Ball Pythons in the North African Pythons, right?

Terri
to clarify this, in the link from the FWS letter it states
"The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) is amending its regulations under the Lacey Act to add Python molurus (which includes Burmese python Python molurus bivittatus and Indian python Python molurus molurus), Northern African python (Python sebae), Southern African python (Python natalensis), and yellow anaconda (Eunectes notaeus) to the list of injurious reptiles."

Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #42
Southern Wolf
This is not a win by any means. We lost. We lost 4 species and I'm sure some folks lost their business because of this. This was a Flordia problem... not a national problem and now the nation has to suffer because a state can't handle their own problems.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #43
crotalusadamanteus
Well USARK, we asked to hear from you. Are you going to respond?

In the mean time, wrap your eyes around this. Is this the REAL reason behind this ban? We all know that our fascist government is all about big money...

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun...a-everglades25

http://washingtonindependent.com/108...hanol-research

http://rightwingnews.com/mt331/2008/...ar_and_the.php

What say you to that USARK? Did our money really go to actually fight this, or did it simply go to putting on a show for those of us that trusted you? I find it simply amazing that this hits the news as soon as the python ban was ruled upon.

Come on now. You are quick to show up when money is being tossed your way, how about showing up to answer some questions that won't send money your way.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #44
AbsoluteApril
it's only been 2 days, I would think it takes time for them to formulate and verify their plan of action before making any announcements? I could be wrong, but I am patiently waiting

Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #45
snakemansam
the sad truth of the matter is..we will probably lose all snakes, and not for what USARK did or didnt do...but because of everything I see going on here...finger pointing at each other, instead of trying to figure out what we CAN do, we're to busy with conspiracy theories and blaming this person or that person among our own ranks

Old 01-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #46
AbsoluteApril
Looks like USARK is putting updates on their facebook -

"While there is no doubt that saving Boa and Retic was huge for the sustainability of this industry... the fact remains that all of the things that were wrong with this rule making last week, are still wrong today. The "science" was produced from a fudged climate data set; and was inconclisive at best; making far flung projections on inaccurate data points. Second, due process under the Administra...tive Procedures Act and info quality standards seem to have been completely ignored by FWS, but was entered into the public record by USARK. Third, this still fixes nothing in the Everglades, but it will fund FWS and USGS scientists to the tune of tens to hundereds of millions of taxpayer $. And, thousands of Americans will be subject to felony prosecution if they transport listed snakes accross state lines. USARK is digesting what has occured and we will be exploring all legal remedy. Are you ready for a fight!"

"The ONLY thing that can change the Contrictor Rule is a federal lawsuit... It is FAR TOO LATE for all of the petitions I see floating around! We need to raise over $150K just to get started... Are you ready for a real fight?"
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #47
snakemansam
I'd also like some clarification please...when the rules states interstate transportation and commerce...that means I cant sell or transport accross state line? But I can still sell or transport within the state?

Old 01-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #48
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Looks like USARK is putting updates on their facebook -

"While there is no doubt that saving Boa and Retic was huge for the sustainability of this industry... the fact remains that all of the things that were wrong with this rule making last week, are still wrong today. The "science" was produced from a fudged climate data set; and was inconclisive at best; making far flung projections on inaccurate data points. Second, due process under the Administra...tive Procedures Act and info quality standards seem to have been completely ignored by FWS, but was entered into the public record by USARK. Third, this still fixes nothing in the Everglades, but it will fund FWS and USGS scientists to the tune of tens to hundereds of millions of taxpayer $. And, thousands of Americans will be subject to felony prosecution if they transport listed snakes accross state lines. USARK is digesting what has occured and we will be exploring all legal remedy. Are you ready for a fight!"

"The ONLY thing that can change the Contrictor Rule is a federal lawsuit... It is FAR TOO LATE for all of the petitions I see floating around! We need to raise over $150K just to get started... Are you ready for a real fight?"
i like the part where they say they are going to need $100,000 in donation to start the fight. maybe if they wouldnt have wasted that $150,000 on lobbying that got us know where, like i said it wouldnt, they wouldn't $150,000 more. seriously wake up people.

two days ago they were claiming a victory. and they were met with some harsh criticisms from the industry, so know they're acting like we lost.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #49
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemansam View Post
I'd also like some clarification please...when the rules states interstate transportation and commerce...that means I cant sell or transport accross state line? But I can still sell or transport within the state?
You can sell within your state but you cannot sell them to someone in a different state and if you move, you cannot take the animals with you.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #50
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
maybe if they wouldnt have wasted that $150,000 on lobbying that got us know where, like i said it wouldnt, they wouldn't $150,000 more.
Without the lobbying that was done, some of the senate or house bills might have passed..
HR669
HR2811
S373

although, those would have probably been easier to overturn than this rule change will be

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!