Over turn the Python Ban - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
dragonheart718
Over turn the Python Ban

Regardless of what you keep, we all need to stand together!
Anything is worth a shot. Please visit this link and vote.

Spread the word about this link.

http://www.change.org/petitions/over...-from-1-17-12#

Old 01-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
JudyC
I'm going to present the skeptical view here.

What good does this do? If someone can explain to me how this could possibly affect any changes to what has already happened or in any way benefit our cause, I would very much like to hear what you have to say.

The "petition" is nothing but a few random, unsubstantiated statistics and makes not one single reference to the actual ruling it wishes to overturn.

So people may shrug and say, "Well, it can't hurt to sign it."

I'm going to beg to differ. Because how many hundreds (thousands?) of letters WON'T get sent because people felt like they "did their part" by signing some random internet "petition"?

I WISH it were that easy. I really, really do. But change at the federal level is not going to happen because a handful of people sign a random complaint put up on an internet petition site.

But what if 500,000 people sign it??? Do you have any idea how much energy and time it would take to get 500,000 people to sign something? Even something as quick and easy as that? And all of that time and energy would be wasted because what they're signing has no meaning and not a single gram of weight.

If you want to DO something, then write those letters. And get your friends and loved ones and acquaintances to join in. Write their letters for them if you must, and have them sign them (with a REAL signature and contact info) and then you make sure they get mailed in. CALL your representatives. Flood them with real communications from real people.

Don't waste your time trying to put out raging wildfires with spit.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
dragonheart718
Don't get me wrong Judy, I am not saying that this petition is the "end of all of our worries". Not in the least.

How I look at it is do EVERYTHING you can do.

- Send in your Letters
- Write your Comments
- Call Call Call

and even sign the petitions.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
hhmoore
Kind of like how excited everybody got over that BS, 2 month old Fox News poll? Yay, we changed the score (because the other side stopped voting 6 weeks before we started)!!! What do you mean it didn't stop this....we won, didn't we??

Old 01-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
dragonheart718
Meant to post this before -

http://www.doi.gov/news/pressrelease...Everglades.cfm

Old 01-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
dragonheart718
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Kind of like how excited everybody got over that BS, 2 month old Fox News poll? Yay, we changed the score (because the other side stopped voting 6 weeks before we started)!!! What do you mean it didn't stop this....we won, didn't we??
Again I understand what your both talking about regarding the poll/petition thing.

Completely understand.

I however will continue to sign the petitions/polls, along with sending in my letters, and making calls.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
GREGORY J HALL
not going to change till we change Washington in November!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
GREGORY J HALL
They got it rarely has law been reversed!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
WingedWolf
Um, changing 1 single person in Washington changes NOTHING. We have to get rid of virtually all of the REST of the dimwits in there, and that is going to take a lot longer.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #10
cmehler
Petition to reverse python ban

There is a petition on the White House page that you can sign. They need 25,000 signatures by Feb 17.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...4Y#thank-you=p

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!