Bad Guy Signature Reptiles - SCAMMER!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
waspinator421
Signature Reptiles - SCAMMER!!!

Do not buy from Cody Swift aka Joshua Stevens of Signature Reptiles! He tried to sell a "Calico" Brazilian Rainbow Boa that I know for a fact that he does not own. I know exactly who owns this snake, and I even have babies from it.

The picture he sent me of the snake was taken right off the website of the snake's previous owner!!

Old 09-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Lucille
Could you please post emails? And perhaps ask the website owner to validate that it was his photo?

Old 09-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
TailsWithScales
Please post emails for proof if you have them and a like to the owner's website.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Could you please post emails? And perhaps ask the website owner to validate that it was his photo?
Drat Lucille you beat me to it! Posted the same thing at the same time!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
hhmoore
There is another thread on this seller at http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=148726. The username here is 9reptileroom

Old 09-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
waspinator421
Sorry, of course, I should have posted proof beforehand!

Here is the e-mail I originally sent him in response to his ad:

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Aubrey Ross <slipstreamserpents@yahoo.com> wrote:

May I see pictures? Also, can you tell me more about how you got this "Calico"? Lineage information and any other information you know will be helpful.

Thanks!

Aubrey R.

------------------------

He wrote back a few hours later with no text, just the following picture attatched:

--- On Sun, 9/27/09, cody swift <signaturereptiles@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: CALICO BRAZILAIN RAINBOW BOA
To: "Aubrey Ross" <slipstreamserpents@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 5:54 PM

------------------------

This is what I wrote back:

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Aubrey Ross <slipstreamserpents@yahoo.com> wrote:

Come on now, Cody, you can't be serious. You are obviously fishing for people's money with this one with no intention to send this animal. I know for a FACT that you do not own this animal. That animal now belongs to a guy I know and I have babies from it. The picture you sent is the EXACT picture that is posted on the website of the previous owner of this animal.

So sad.

Aubrey R.

------------------------

Here is his response:

Re: CALICO BRAZILAIN RAINBOW BOA
Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:39 PM
To: "Aubrey Ross" <slipstreamserpents@yahoo.com>

ok sure

------------------------

So, now compare the picture above to this picture taken from Brian Sharp's Website:

Here is the website where you can find this picture that was stolen:
http://www.briansharp.com/gallery8.htm

Old 09-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #7
xanaxez
it's the same snake. also if you look at the top right corner.. he couldnt even crop/photoshop the water mark image completely out before trying to use the picture lmao. hes also claiming to own in the thread posted above, a grainite ij that was produced by high end herps. problem is they have never worked with any granite ijs as of yet lol.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
DAND
I'm sure Brian would like to know that this POS is using his photo and claiming to have his snake.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
I'm sure Brian would like to know that this POS is using his photo and claiming to have his snake.
Ive sent him a link and let him know. i caught someone else on another forum a few months back using his carpet python picture as well in a possible sale/scam.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanaxez View Post
it's the same snake. also if you look at the top right corner.. he couldnt even crop/photoshop the water mark image completely out before trying to use the picture lmao. hes also claiming to own in the thread posted above, a grainite ij that was produced by high end herps. problem is they have never worked with any granite ijs as of yet lol.
Meant left corner. sorry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!