Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2004, 05:43 PM   #31
Lucille
In my experience, anyone who says words like 'open and shut' and 'period' has little value (other than to illustrate the concept of freedom of speech) when they have not explored both sides more fully. If I had an attorney who did that without knowing what facts the other side had, I would fire him.
We have heard some good things about the seller, this should put anyone on notice that we have not heard the entire story.
I have emailed the seller, and will try to explore the whole picture.

Old 11-15-2004, 06:11 PM   #32
Rockford
Sounds like Perry Mason!!!

This isn't a murder case. It's just a guarantee. Very simple stuff. And I don't think that Bearded Dragon husbandry is rocket science either. Period.lol

Bthacker

Old 11-15-2004, 06:12 PM   #33
Peruvianfanatic
[quote]Originally posted by lucille
[b]In my experience, anyone who says words like 'open and shut' and 'period' has little value (other than to illustrate the concept of freedom of speech) when they have not explored both sides more fully.

I agree.

cock a doodle doo in the hen house

Old 11-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #34
Rockford
[quote]Originally posted by Peruvianfanatic
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by lucille
In my experience, anyone who says words like 'open and shut' and 'period' has little value (other than to illustrate the concept of freedom of speech) when they have not explored both sides more fully.

I agree.

cock a doodle doo in the hen house
Hey Mike-

Why are you following me around. I had nothing to do with you making a fool out of yourself. YOU DIDN'T NEED ANY HELP!!!!!!

Please folks if you would check this guy's threads out. This guy also follows me around on my for sale ads making stupid comments.

Mike-I am still waiting for your phone call.

Bthacker

Old 11-15-2004, 06:43 PM   #35
Lucille
Books and revisions, and parts of the UCC, have been written about guarantees. They are not simple stuff, and neither is what is happening here. There are many considerations here, and I hope to hear from the seller. It is good this isn't a murder case, your careless attitude would have the buyer end up sitting in a not very comfortable chair.
I hope it gets straightened out, but I would like to decide for myself on facts seen from both points of view.

Old 11-15-2004, 06:54 PM   #36
Rockford
Lucille-

You are right about hearing both sides but there is only one side and they have a very good argument. As far as my careless attitude, come on get real!!! That is the last thing I have is a careless attitude. I believe maybe I care too much for folks getting ripped off and shoved away by lousy business ethics. You sound like a lawyer....maybe you should start your own forum: "Lucille's Court". You can be the judge and sit over all the mishaps. I was clearly stating an opinion as you were. I don't want to stray away from the subject. So I am finished responding. Blast away.

Bthacker

Old 11-15-2004, 07:01 PM   #37
Lucille
I understand your caring and I too do not like to see people ripped off; I simply am not completely sure that is the case here, without hearing from the other side, especially since we have a couple of positive comments.
You are I am sure a good person, but there is a reputation at stake here and the BOI is widely read, careless words can destroy a carefully built reputation. If we get to the point that we are more sure (I am not) that the buyer was wronged, then the seller's reputation deserves tarnish. I'm not there yet. How about we just put it in a holding pattern for a couple days and see if seller responds?

PS I am quite pleased that you think I sound like an attorney

Old 11-15-2004, 07:14 PM   #38
Rockford
You are too funny!!! Sounds good. I can be patient.

Bthacker

Old 11-15-2004, 08:24 PM   #39
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally posted by lucille
You are I am sure a good person, but there is a reputation at stake here and the BOI is widely read, careless words can destroy a carefully built reputation. If we get to the point that we are more sure (I am not) that the buyer was wronged, then the seller's reputation deserves tarnish. I'm not there yet. How about we just put it in a holding pattern for a couple days and see if seller responds?

There may have been no outright fraud, but the buyer notified the seller of initial problems and requested a refund per the sellers guarantee. The seller refused and then apparently changed their guarantee, after the fact. Probably because they knew they would never get $500 from anybody else. As a consumer, that is enough to make me leary of a seller.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:53 PM   #40
CheriS
Its been several hours over 4 days since this thread began, the seller notified and still no response from the seller. I too would like to hear her side of this.

We had at one time thought about getting a dragon from her also about a year ago, but decided after a few conversations with her to withdrawn from any purchase. That was not based on any concerns on the quality of the animal, but did involve the verbal guarantee, her terms and something's she said in conversations on phone, in person and email.

I do have a few question for others that have spoken here and bought bearded dragons or may read this. Has anyone purchased a dragon that was not sold to them as a holdback by her? Where you able to see the dragon in photo's prior to purchase over the phone? If not, was the dragon as represented to you?

At the time, we thought it might just be a difference in the way one breeder was handling sales, and that she has a dog breeder background, but still was uncomfortable with what was said that we did not purchase. Now I am wondering now and would like to hear why the terms in place at the time of the sale was not honored.

It also bother's me if she is claiming as was said here, other breeders have parasite or illness in their stock. That just strikes me wrong telling someone on the phone that might buy a dragon from you something like that. Most breeder have many sales going, if they were delivering ill babies, I would think that would be on here or all over the web on forums.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!