Bad Guy David Yager - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:13 AM   #1
KaitsPythons
David Yager

Beware of David Yager if he's still in the business.

I bought a Super Enchi Lesser Spider proven breeder male Ball Python from him last year. Upon proving out this male bought by David Yager, it is not a Super Enchi Lesser Spider. This male is an Enchi Lesser Spider.

I bred the "Super Enchi Lesser Spider" male to my Pastel Enchi female and produced 2 Normals, 1 Spider, 1 Lesser Enchi, and 1 Super Enchi Spider. David was so pleasant throughout the buying process, I thought there must be some honest mistake.

When I went to message him on Facebook (where I had originally bought the snake from him), I found he had blocked me. This was concerning, and I've since tried emailing him on both his emails as well as another facebook profile that is not blocked by him. I have received no response back from him.

Thinking maybe the first breeding was a fluke or due to retained sperm from the female's last owner, I waited for the Super Enchi Lesser Spider's next clutch to hatch a month later, in which he was bred to a Super Pastel Calico virgin. Unfortunately once again babies without Enchi are hatching and it appears the male that was sold to me is not a Super Enchi Lesser Spider, but just an Enchi Lesser Spider.

I emailed David Yager again on July 22, 2016, and the next day I started receiving anonymous phone calls from Maine, the state next to which David lives. The phone calls were what you could call a "prank", asking about my snakes and ending in "f*** you b****" before they would hang up and then call me back. I asked the prank caller why they were doing this, and they told me "a friend wanted me to prank call you".

Old 07-26-2016, 02:15 AM   #2
KaitsPythons
Photos uploaded in correct format:
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
Robert Walker
Reading through your FB conversation, it appears you asked a lot of good questions prior to purchase. David/Dave says:
"He is proven" & "He was produced by BHB. His genetics are 100% guaranteed".

If he was not proven, I could have seen an honest mistake in identifying him as a Super Enchi, even to me looking at him now he appears Super Enchi. However, he was sold as "Proven", therefore the same non-Enchi babies you are finding now, he would have discovered previously as well.

Questions:
1. Did you receive OR ask for the BHB paperwork when you bought him?
2. Do you have a receipt from David?
3. Playing Devil's Advocate for a quick moment, do you have proof you bought this snake from David Yager? Your screen shots say a conversation between you and "Facebook User" took place.

Clearly, your male is not Super Enchi despite his looks.

A David Yager has a Fauna Account, is this him?: Dave26

Old 07-26-2016, 02:51 PM   #4
Will0W783
Originally posted by Robert Walker:
Quote:
Playing Devil's Advocate for a quick moment, do you have proof you bought this snake from David Yager? Your screen shots say a conversation between you and "Facebook User" took place.
Robert, when you are no longer Facebook "friends" with someone, and they have blocked you or you blocked them, any past correspondence will show as a conversation with "Facebook User." That part lines up with David having blocked the OP.

I am also curious about whether or not any paperwork came with the snake guaranteeing his genetics. I'm always leery of any traits that aren't distinctly visible, since less savory individuals will sell normals as "hets" to bump up value.

Kaitlyn, I'm so sorry this happened to you and I wish you the best of luck in finding a resolution!

Old 07-26-2016, 03:36 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Any photos of the first clutch as well? To further back up your genetic findings?

If he was a 'proven' breeder, I wonder if that was with David or if he purchased him that way?

Sorry to hear about this, what a bummer. Since David made a point to mention genetics were guaranteed, he should be willing to work with you. I hope you are able to come to some sort of resolution.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:50 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
you blocked them, any past correspondence will show as a conversation with "Facebook User."
I was thinking that would be the case Kim, thanks for clarifying. I hope she has some kind of receipt still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Any photos of the first clutch as well? To further back up your genetic findings?

If he was a 'proven' breeder, I wonder if that was with David or if he purchased him that way?
Both great points April.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
It is also possible that he hit superior outcomes and had no reason to believe otherwise when selling the snake. The offspring are not many in number, so it is easy to get a slanted result (in either direction) with a small sample size. With your breeding data, though, he should be addressing the discrepancy between your results and his label he sold the snake to you under.

That said, the blocking on FB is suspicious in this context. Also, prank calls would have no good justification here with the information provided. These two pieces do not jibe with an innocent disconnection from the buying party. It might be helpful if he came on here and added his account to see if he disputes any of this and why. As of now, things do not look so nice.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #8
KaitsPythons
Thanks everyone for the responses! As someone else mentioned, since he has me blocked and I do not have screenshots before he blocked me, I cannot show the conversation with his name, but I do have a photo of the paypal transaction.

The first thing I did when the second clutch hatched and there where more babies lacking enchi and he still had not responded to me was go to paypal and see how they handle disputes. Since it has been so long, the option to open a dispute has expired. I do not recall getting a receipt from him, but I can search through all my old shipping boxes and see if I missed it.

I called BHB after the first clutch hatched and had them look up his name, but they said they have no records of selling to a David Yager.

I was naive and could not find photos of a Super Enchi Lesser Spider to compare this one to, and everyone I talked to said it looked like a Super, so I trusted him on genetics. I also could find no bad reviews on him - only 1 good one posted a while back.

The fact that David has me blocked and is not responding to emails or messages from another facebook and that I started receiving rude calls from the state next to his the day after I confronted him again leads me to believe he is aware that this snake is not a super and he does not intend to make things right. It appears he is active on facebook as my account that is not blocked by him can see he posted something to his wall within the last week.

I'll also attach some photos of the first clutch.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2016, 07:15 PM   #9
KaitsPythons
Also worth mentioning - He said he was selling the snake because he was getting out of the business, which I see as more incentive to make some extra money by changing the genetics around. Bad reviews mean little to him I imagine as he is no longer selling apparently, but I thought I should post about him just in case he is still in the business. It's really unfortunate things ended this way, he sounded very respectable while conversing with him. He answered questions for me and there were no red flags. I attached a new photo of our past conversation below.

How do I avoid getting taken advantage of in the future?
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2016, 08:01 PM   #10
LDDarcWolf
Kait, I noticed that you said that you couldn't locate a comparison picture for the male, I believe that I may have found a picture that may help you. Here's the link to the photos: http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...Leopard-Spider!

Hope that I was able to help you some.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!