Ohio ban bill to list all venomous, and all constrictors - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
EricWI
Ohio ban bill to list all venomous, and all constrictors

(c) An alligator;

(d) A crocodile;

(e) A constricting snake;

(f) A venomous snake;

(g) Any other animal designated by the chief in rules adopted under this section.

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/B...B_352_I_N.html

Old 10-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
minguss
Come every one.
These allegations should be huge deal to every one here.
Time to start the lobbying

Old 10-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
scarnicom
Why are they sooooooo incredibly stupid?

Old 10-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
BobOblak
I bought my first boas, pythons, monitors, tegus, caiman, etc from local pet stores in Milwaukee WI in 1965. Since then local pet stores here and all over the country have been continually selling these animals. Now all of a sudden they will all be illegal to own. Isnt this like allowing drug dealers to openly sell drugs, but its illegal for the user to buy them? Why isn't the criteria for regulation whether or not they are freely available at retail? Big Carnivores, venomous, yes-no pet stores sell those anyway and it is not a pitfall for the owner. Nonvenomous reptiles, whether constrictors or not, are out there in huge numbers. That makes for a lot of new criminals to feed into the justice and prison system, disenfranchise, and further empower the ruling class of neocons into an electoral majority.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
sea-aggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOblak View Post
Why isn't the criteria for regulation whether or not they are freely available at retail? Big Carnivores, venomous, yes-no pet stores sell those anyway and it is not a pitfall for the owner.

Whoa...this is a pretty arbitrary line. ALL exotic animal owners should be working TOGETHER. Ideas like this, however benign they seem to you, is exactly the result the AR groups want. Divide and conquer.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
Shadera
Anyone hear anything from USARK yet? I've got the fax fired up and am ready to fight.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
ThomasHicks
Quote:
Why isn't the criteria for regulation whether or not they are freely available at retail?
That's a horrible proposal. Most reptiles are not widely available for purchase, would you really want the ownership of most reptiles illegalized?

Old 10-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
BobOblak
"Most reptiles are not widely available for purchase, would you really want the ownership of most reptiles illegalized?"

In my city, most are, except for crocodilia and venomous, so I assumed they are as readily available elsewhere as well.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
ThomasHicks
Quote:
In my city, most are, except for crocodilia and venomous, so I assumed they are as readily available elsewhere as well.
Dang, what city is that?

You do realize that there are over 8,000 species of reptiles, [even excluding crocodilians and venomous snakes] right?

Old 10-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
jamesa2580
This is ridiculous. Law makers probably feel like a swift generalized ban after the Zanesville lion/tiger/bear escapes last week will pass. It won't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!