having toruble - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #12
312Herps
thanks April , seems i'm still having issues , after signing in it shows that i am not signed in for some reason then i go to the geckos section and it says i'm signed in then i cllick on "faunaClassifieds" on the topleft corner and it says i'm signed out again . sometimes after a few clicks it it still won't let me sign in , which is making it very difficult to edit ads. Any help with this would be much appreciated Thanks.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #13
AbsoluteApril
try clearing your cache and browser history/cookies, then when you bring up the site again and log on, click remember me. that usually works...

Old 03-11-2013, 02:29 AM   #14
hhmoore
I had this happening to me several years ago...turned out the problem was that I had used (http://)faunaclassifieds.com, as opposed to (http://)www.faunaclassifieds.com. I added the www, and haven't had that problem since.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
312Herps
Thanks for the help , i'm still not getting any ad bumps back but 1 a week , so I think i'll just let my membership die out i'm not really feeling paying for something that's not really working for me . Maybe it'll fix itself . Thanks anyway .

Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by 312Herps View Post
Thanks for the help , i'm still not getting any ad bumps back but 1 a week , so I think i'll just let my membership die out i'm not really feeling paying for something that's not really working for me . Maybe it'll fix itself . Thanks anyway .
My impression is that the only thing that needs to be fixed is your understanding of the process of the bumps. I read this thread over again and you HAVE been told how this works, but apparently you still don't grasp the concept. Each bump you make is completely independent of all the others. Each ad bumped gets set on a timer to expire in 30 days from the time you bump THAT ad. If you have all 30 bumps used up, you don't get another bump available until your oldest one expires. If you bump 1 ad 30 times in one day, then all of your bumps are allocated until 30 days later when they all expire. If you bump 1 ad each day, then after 30 days, you will only have another bump available after the first one has expired. If you bump 2 ads per day, then in 15 days you will hit a dry spell for 15 days until the first two bumps expire.

Here is what your bump log looks like:

As you can see, ALL of your allocated 30 bumps are currently in use, so you cannot bump any more ads till the oldest one (in this case, the one that expires today at 2:34 pm) expires. As I pointed out to you, February only had 28 days for the month, so you cannot use the general rule of thumb that it is 30 bumps per month, which I believe a lot of people do. The math for the algorithm used is just a WHOLE lot simpler using a fixed number of 30 days rather than having to keep track of how many days each month has and making the expiration of each bump a monthly basis.

So here's a chart of when your bumps will expire for all of your currently running ads:

I didn't put the TIME of the day for each ad, but hopefully you can grasp what people have been trying to explain to you after CAREFULLY looking at what I am showing you here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!