Bad Guy Snakes at sunset deceptive advertising - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
TXTeguChick
Thumbs down Snakes at sunset deceptive advertising

Purchased from their website what I thought was a juvenile red tegu,called to confirm before placing the order and was reassured it was a juvenile and not a hatchling. Tegu comes in today and sure enough it's a hatchling. I paid what was a fair price for a juvenile, but is way more than what a hatchling is worth. I would not have purchased if I would have known. Attaching pictures of what was sent vs picture on their site. Their unsatisfactory response was that it's a generic picture.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Did you ask for a picture of your "specific" tegu before you bought it?

Old 06-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
TXTeguChick
I did not,they said they only had these three of these so I called to confirm that they were juveniles like the one in the picture and not hatchlings and placed my order.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
That ad currently lists "well started babies".
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
Robert Walker
Was this the wording of the ad when you saw it?
"They are well started babies"
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
That ad currently lists "well started babies".
Jinx.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
TXTeguChick
Yes that was the wording,the animal in the picture is still a baby,just several months old. Not a hatchling. What was shipped is definitely a hatchling.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #8
TXTeguChick
They have another listing where the picture is clearly hatchling Argentine reds,with both listings and different pictures they looked to have both. I feel like if they were selling newly hatched tegus,thats what they should have shown in their advertising, especially since I called to confirm with them before hand that what was in the picture was what was being sold.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #9
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Jinx.
Not unlikely that more than one person would look up the ad after learning that this was a verbal arrangement at issue. Unfortunately, what was said on the phone isn't verifiable (not calling anyone dishonest, just saying that transactions need to be in writing).

I don't know anything about tegus, but when it comes to snakes, a hatchling has just hatched. A well started baby is a couple weeks old and has taken maybe 3 or 4 meals. Are these terms 'hatchling' and 'baby' well-defined in tegu circles, or are they open to dispute? How old is a hatchling when it becomes a baby, and how old to be called a juvenile?

Old 06-21-2018, 04:29 PM   #10
TXTeguChick
Other listing

I would have understood if i would have ordered this item and received a hatchling as that is what was pictured but I ordered the Chacoan Red.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!