Ed Clark,don't buy frogs from him! - Page 45 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #441
Art Klass
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns6068
Your totally right but it is kinda hard to make sh** shine though.
Yup. Can't polish a turd.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #442
Suncoast Herpetological
Let me preface this by saying I am not defending Ed. After that despicable comment to Rick, I doubt I ever would.

However, no breeder of large quantities of an amphibian has every animal vet checked. i doubt that is what Ed meant. He would normally have one or two out of a clutch checked at random.

Tossing around figures based on every animal being checked is kind of silly

Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #443
pcrooker
Unhappy

What bothers me most is that the majority of people who search the BOI for Ed's name will not spend the time to read this whole post. Although there are MANY others about him, it still doesn't convince me that people will read his statements that clearly illustrate the kind of person he is.. And this is just one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Very critical words Richard!

These come from an idiot that cant keep his own affairs in order but he will tell others how to keep their affairs in order.

He is so stupid he leaves an adult albino boa in his car in 100* heat and someone comes along and steals it, then he cries about it.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...688&page=1&pp=5
Reading this made me sick. I have been a member for years, rarely comment, but have, in this thread, given Ed the benefit of the doubt. Now I regret that.

With all the bullshit that goes on in the world today I still like to think that there is good in EVERY person; that people are inherently GOOD; that there is a line that people know isn't crossable. Yet Ed has crossed that line. And I feel that although many people have acknowledged the utter gaul that it takes for someone to stoop as low as Ed has in passing ANY sort of judgement on another person (never mind throwing Aurora's unfortunate fate in Rick's face), the full audacity of Ed's actions are being overlooked. Ed has crossed a line that is not reparable. As many people have said, this thread is just one of MANY regarding Ed's "customer service."

I sit here and see that he still tonight is posting for boas on Fauna.. Glad you can just continue on with your facade, Ed - Hopefully any potential buyer will be notified of your true personality. You make me sick.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #444
crazyfroglady
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas
I honestly expect nothing less of you Ed. It really is hard to expect more from someone who has repeatedly sunk himself so low that he can't see over a pile of snake shit.

I did have a nice thought out post of the kind of damage I would gladly do to your person but ..... you just ain't worth it Ed. The damage you've done to yourself is far worse than any I could do to you. I could pound your sorry ass into the dirt every other day but those hits , bruises and wounds would heal. What you manage to do yourself leaves far longer lasting scars than an ass whooping.

Rick called it as he seen it. Don't think its the truth? Then cowboy up with those scanned vet reports and some pics and prove him & anyone else who doubted you wrong. You've made many claims that you breed the animals you sell , you've made claims of many vet reports yet we've seen proof of neither.

The remark I quoted ranks up there with another assmonkey that went scumbag , Matt from MG Reptiles referring to Kelli Hammocks son , who you will notice managed to work himself right out of the hobby. He kept claiming it was all the customer’s fault too.

I don't even care if you were in the right on this one because the way you handle any negative post about you is just sad. I've seen you attack posters in forums they don't have access to , run to other forums the poster is not a member of or just ignore it. Every so often you toss in a pot shot because your little punk ass can't handle the truth.

I won't go so far as ask for pics of your whole " facility " but just posting verifiable pics of breeding tanks or something would go a long way to giving you more credit in your arguments.

Did Rick for ask back up? Nope , the reason why is because he has friends that respect him highly. Highly enough that they will stand with him when he is wrong and stand with him when he is right. Don't know what friends are Ed? Iit's those folks you don't have backing you up in public. And anyone who claims to be your friend but won't say so in public , well ...... not much of a friend.

For the OP & and the other frog lady from Fat Frogs.....

Wes went to Fat Frogs months ago to warn ya'll about Ed. Ya'll didn't want any negativity smearing the happy utopia ya'll thought ya'll created. Well , when you create a self imposed utopia and lock yourself away from any negativity it opens the door for people like Ed to slide in and take advantage. I am in no way condoning Ed's behavior nor do I believe anyone deserves to get screwed but keeping a blind eye to warnings allows that happen.
I have only been on fatfrogs for a few months and have seen steven's posts about ed. Unfortunately the Amin and one of the Mods turn a blind eye simply because there are some customers that do end up with healthy animals. I suspect that they are a few of those customers that were kept happy but I don't know for sure. It seems to be hit or miss with Ed but I for one am not willing to take the chance.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:13 AM   #445
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas
Wes went to Fat Frogs months ago to warn ya'll about Ed. Ya'll didn't want any negativity smearing the happy utopia ya'll thought ya'll created. Well , when you create a self imposed utopia and lock yourself away from any negativity it opens the door for people like Ed to slide in and take advantage. I am in no way condoning Ed's behavior nor do I believe anyone deserves to get screwed but keeping a blind eye to warnings allows that happen.
At least I'm not the only one that remembers that...I'd bet that Bryon even remembers the comment I was talking about before, lol.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:19 AM   #446
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
Uh, Byron
You left off a zero.
A 100 frogs at $45.00 each, would be $4500.00
Whoops.

Quote:
However, no breeder of large quantities of an amphibian has every animal vet checked. i doubt that is what Ed meant. He would normally have one or two out of a clutch checked at random.

Tossing around figures based on every animal being checked is kind of silly
Thats why I used the number 100. He has been quoted as getting them in the hundreds at times so the number tested could be less than 100 or greater than. 100 was a nice even number to use considering Ed " I'll flip anything dead or alive " Clark claims to have high numbers ( at times ) of inventory along with claims of vet testing. If he randomly tests 10% of his amphib inventory and could possibly have 1000 amphibs a year , 100 would fit nicely. Without any solid details from Ed that could be believed in this lifetime or another , generalizations and guesses are about all we got.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #447
pcrooker
Quote:
generalizations and guesses are about all we got.
LMAO

Old 09-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #448
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfroglady
I have only been on fatfrogs for a few months and have seen steven's posts about ed. Unfortunately the Amin and one of the Mods turn a blind eye simply because there are some customers that do end up with healthy animals.
That's because they are customers.

Actually, they did more than that. They deleted all the bad guy posts and threads about Ed and put up their own good experiences. This is a post from last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

The testimonial page is completely useless in my opinion. They simple delete the threads that posts a negative review about a business that the moderators have had a positive transaction with. While they sticky a good guy thread at the top of the forum for the same person.

Nick Bachman has called for a blanket banning of all Fauna Members on the forum.
Interesting that he found time to visit here today.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=32561

Interesting the forum Moderators (including Nick Bachman) can silence anyone that posts a negative review about a business they have had a positive transaction with.

I register on the site when one of the members posted a link here. For simply registering my character was called into question and I was named on the forum in a negative light by Nick. Even though, I have never posted anything negative about Ed on this forum or any other. Simply because I was also registered on Fauna. Great moderating there.

I think you will find our moderating here a little more ethical.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #449
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
That's because they are customers.

Actually, they did more than that. They deleted all the bad guy posts and threads about Ed and put up their own good experiences. This is a post from last year.
"Goomba" also found time to use the BOI to post about his bad experience with a dealer. Yet, he has decided to not allow people to post about their negative experiences with someone if he favors them on that site.

It really is a worthless site when it comes to recommendations. If you delete the experiences of others and then promote your own opposite experiences, you basically have attempted to deceive your member base.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:52 AM   #450
K412
I have taken a few days to let a cooler head prevail. Now that I see what Ed has done I am a little heated so I will try to keep this to the point.
Mr. Carew I am very sorry for your loss. I read about it on a HLEO forum and we ALL felt your pain. Please accept my sincere condolences. For Ed to open such a deep wound is unforgivable and inhumane.
Mr. Hultman, I agree and won't return to fatfrogs. I learned about Ed from that forum and for other people who are relatively new it is deceiving. I especially feel for the minors because they see Ed as being a great guy. There is nothing worse than the expression on a child's face when their pet dies. Goblinmatt who defended him here caught him lying on fatfrogs and stated that Ed charged him .50 for newspaper and wet tissues. I had posted my transaction in the testimonials section and Ed started a fight. A sticky about a great guy and the first person to step up yell bullshit he starts fighting.
No ED, I won't answer your questions because you won't answer any of mine, at least not directly or honestly.
You told everyone at fatfrogs that you breed frogs. You stated here that you are one of the few who breeds these frogs. You also told me that you treated her for chytrid but wouldn't answer me directly when I asked you. I didn't know that he was a broker only. Maybe he does breed BP's but look what that community thinks of him.
I have been looking into the claim about selling to a zoo and having healthy reports.
Ed, you said that the zoo didn't want anyone to know they didn't breed them.
All animals maintained by AZA accredited zoos keep their inventory listed on ISIS maintained by the AZA and ICUN.
Are the 2 Aussies listed in Big Bear yours or is this site wrong?
http://app.isis.org/abstracts/abs.asp
If some are on display now then how long did you have my frog for? There is a strict 6 month quarantine for new animals. Did this zoo go around the quarantine as well?
Now if the zoo you claim to have sold these frogs lies about their lineage it violates this
http://www.aza.org/AboutAZA/CodeEthics/index.html
With 218 accredited zoos which is the bad apple that is claiming to have bred these frogs?
When my zoo has a birth it makes the news. They are proud of their hard work. This is the Acquisition Requirements page. Check out number 8 Ed.
http://www.aza.org/AboutAZA/ADPolicy/
Conservation and biodiversity are their pride and joy.
I am not saying to you Mr. Moore that you helped him to lie I think he used you.

Mr. Busch has done alot of hard work and has offered his best efforts to combat CF and help others to help their frogs. That is an admirable thing to do. He even posted here for me that he was the one that I spoke to. That is admirable as well.
Ed you know that Mr. Busch has done great work and you claim to do the same.
http://www.zoo.ac.za/newsletter/issues/06/08.html
You would know all about this then.
If you can prove that you did sell to a zoo you are admitting to something really awful.
You will have dirtied the waters of conservation efforts in the amphibian gene pool.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark