Ed Clark,don't buy frogs from him! - Page 48 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #471
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
Figured you say as much.
Your getting predictable Chuck.
Does this thread have your name or my name on it? Try and keep it on topic.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #472
lanceheads
oop's sorry! Didn't know you were the moderator!

Old 09-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #473
crotalusadamanteus
So how about it Ed. You gonna offer up any proof of any of your animals being tested? Just something dated 2008 will do, even if it's January.

Come on Ed, show us that you test your animals like you claim. Prove me wrong. Or is that little kick in the shin the best you're gonna provide?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #474
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
oop's sorry! Didn't know you were the moderator!
You know I'm not, but do I really need to be a moderator to tell you what you should already know? Keep your frustration in check and try to keep it on topic.

Thanks in advance for the extra effort, old timer.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #475
Goblinmatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
The focus should have been on:

1. Ed sent out one frog that he had to replace because it was shipped improperly and suffered a dislocated limb (he shipped the replacement without a question because it was clear that he was at fault and not out of the goodness of his heart).
Dont know if this is refering to me, but I dont think it was shipped improperly at all. If anything I thought it was above average.

What are some normal frog shipping techniques?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #476
K412
ed clark
I've sold my soul to Fat Frogs.

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larger pyxies have no problem eating lizards, to be on the safe side do regular fecal exams.

This is a quote from fatfrogs. If he is recommending regular fecals than perhaps he does them on the frogs that he feeds savannahs and BP juvies to. He looks to be recommending vet assistance here.
But then again....
ed clark
I've sold my soul to Fat Frogs.

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:38 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks real bad, tought decision:

Heres a couple options, take to a vet and get charged possibly a couple hundred bucks and it still may die.

Put it in the freezer and spend $25.00 on another albino.

But first clean that tank out real good with a bleach water mix, and wash it it out with clean water before you use it again.

This is his response to someone who has made a total of 16 posts on fatfrogs. Looks to be an open lesion or burn, hard to say, either way it looks as if his approach is to just buy another one and kill the one this person has. Going for more sales maybe? That is just a guess. This is the link to the thread that he posted it on.
http://fatfrogs.7.forumer.com/viewto...ghlight=#93809
This person has had this frog for 3 years. It's a very interesting thread and it seems like the keeper is genuinely concerned and wants to help this frog.

So what would you do if it were your frog Ed? Vet it or freeze it?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #477
deborahbroadus
Ed, these are CHILDREN that you are advising.

I am aware that some people do not place the same value on animal lives that others do (some even view the reptiles that we consider pets as food). But consider for a minute, would you want someone telling your daughter to just kill off her sick animals because it's cheaper to buy more?

Is this honestly the kind of child that you would want to be raising? Don't you think that this devalues life?

Old 09-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #478
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
Ed, these are CHILDREN that you are advising.

I am aware that some people do not place the same value on animal lives that others do (some even view the reptiles that we consider pets as food). But consider for a minute, would you want someone telling your daughter to just kill off her sick animals because it's cheaper to buy more?

Is this honestly the kind of child that you would want to be raising? Don't you think that this devalues life?
Yes they are children, thats why I offered 2 options.

Think about how a child would come up with a couple hundred dollars to treat a sick frog that will probably die anyway?

Then what?

How does that child deal with loseing all that money and the pet frog also?

Old 09-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #479
K412
Exactly my line of thought. I don't think that there are many keepers who consider their animals disposable. I totally understand that from a business perspective it would not be cost effective to have it put down by a vet , if that was required. It sounds like playing God. As stated I understand that common practices are different for every individual depending on personal experience and level of expertise.
I posted that because it shows his contradiction. In one case a fecal is not that expensive but if the animal has never been seen they want to do an exam, weigh it etc... It seems that if the vet is going to "cost more money than the pet" just killing it is an option.
While to some this is fine and to each his own but telling someone to just do it is careless.
I know that some think that I am a nutjob or Animal rights extremist but that isn't the case. I love my animals, yep. I vet them twice a year,yep.
My cranwell recently had a 65.00 trip to the vet due to a scratch and I am giving him baytril injections everyday alternating arms and keeping him in a hospital tank. I got him locally and for really cheap but I love his little soul!
The way that Ed is seen on fatfrogs makes me sick. For someone new to the forum to get that kind of advice from someone they project to be such a great person drives me nuts!
Fortunately when I read the post I saw Mr. Busch and other members responded differently so hopefully the "egg" won't think that's the norm.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #480
K412
Ed, you offered 2 options to 2 different threads actually, here are both to refresh your memory.
Here's the one posted by underdogg133 where you say freeze it.
The one below is where you say to vet it for fecals and post a picture of one of your pyxies enjoying a meal.
Link posted that one and just wanted to know about feeding anoles.
So what was your point again?
Vet them or freeze them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark