New born Atrox - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
New born Atrox

OK, don't know where the little guy came from, but, when i got home My pit bull was all excited about something on the ground. Usually this is a beetle of some kind. So i go take a look, and find this little atrox.

You wanna talk a FREAK OUT!! I musta searched my dog for 2 hours looking for bites, cuz she likes to stomp the beetles. Well, I found nothing, so on to the snake.
Looks to me to be born within the week. He's tiny (maybe 6-7 inches), and only 20 grams. But I don't know how he showed up here. No arroyos or desert area within a few miles of My place.

Anyway, a couple pics.............

Enjoy,
Rick
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
hhmoore
glad the pooch didn't get herself into trouble
you gonna keep the little fella for awhile?

Old 07-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
Rattlesnake
Very cool pictures. Thank goodness the dog wasn't bitten.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
You bet I'm glad she didn't get bit. I went on pretty good panic at the start.

Harald, I was thinking of keeping him, but it goes against my natural grain since I help to keep them in the wild. LOL
But one day I'll either find or get called to remove something nice, and then I'll make arrangements to keep hots again. Maybe. It's been 11 years now since my last hot pet. A lot has happened, I have much to learn again. Handling and care is essentially the same, but new antivenins, and western ssp getting split up too. You get what I mean.

Rick

Old 07-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
snakebiteAZ1
I Bet He Is

Full of Piss and Vinegar!!! LoL!!! Cool. Mike

Old 07-21-2006, 09:28 PM   #6
hhmoore
Rick - I wasn't suggesting long term care...just wondering if you were going to offer him a place to stay for a week or three vs rushing him off into the world, lol

Old 07-21-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Nah, I let it go. I did offer it a live pink, but he wasn't interested. He just wanted out. LOL
But like I said, something sweet one day, and I'll keep it.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #8
MiqeMorbid
Nice pic´s, man.. Maybe some snake-predating bird dropped it?

Anyway, good that your friend was safe!

(Do you use the Metzcal-software?)

//Miqe

Old 07-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiqeMorbid
Nice pic´s, man.. Maybe some snake-predating bird dropped it?

Anyway, good that your friend was safe!

(Do you use the Metzcal-software?)

//Miqe
Thanks Miqe,
Maybe on the bird thing, who knows. I see little falcons out here all the time. Hard to believe he'd get away unscathed though. ???

Yeah, I use metzcal. I like it a lot. It's pretty indept, and FREE. Great stuff, loads of features. If you wanna try it just click the link in My signature area, and it'll download. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Rick

Old 07-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
MiqeMorbid
I am using it already, but I can´t figure out how to get pictures into the software from my computer. And I am not sure how to use the Bulkinput.. Seems that I can´t control what animals that should be "connected" to eachother.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!