Bad Guy Fire and Ice Dragons (Terri Sommella) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #31
Southern Wolf
Agreed... and thus the reason I haven't taken any down payments on one of my clutches. I think I have every egg spoken for (if they all hatch).... I wont sell any UNTIL they hatch and I have babies on the ground. There are just tooo many things that can go wrong in incubation.

I dont sell eggs... I maintain a list if folks want whats in the egg... and I notify AFTER it hatches to offer babies for sale.... not eggs.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #32
joshjtd
I am sorry that many of you do not agree with this thread. My intention was not to jump the gun and throw someone under the bus just for the fun of it. I have a geniune concern from a fairly large breeder.

I guess if all else fails, someone can learn from my mistake and not pay for something before it hatches. I do think however that many of you would share my concern if you had a were in a similar position.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #33
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjtd View Post
There is also the issue of weather. We have had very few days where we can ship anyone's dragon in the past 3 weeks. This week again it is over 100 degrees. As I am sure you have heard on the news, this is the hottest summer on record. No one could have foreseen this when factoring in timeframes to ship. However, if you want us to ship your dragon in temps above safe, please let me know. As long as you assume full responsibility, we will ship your dragon.

Sound good?

Regards,

Terri
Hmm - Way to care about the dragons she produces! Maybe it is just me but if a customer insists that I ship when not safe I refund and don't sell to them. I know the OP did not ask for her to specifically ship in hot weather but SHE offered to ship when she knew it was not safe.

IF all that she says is true, she could easily take a pic of the dragon. If they are taking that long to grow, they are NOT in "constant shed" that is a bunch of it.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #34
bakew13
I agree it may have been a little early for a bad guy post but I can't really blame the OP for wanting some support on this one. The whole situation sounds pretty sketchy. I would be pretty nervous about the whole thing if I was in the same situation. Sometimes it just takes a little post on the BOI to get a person to do the right thing. Hope everything works out.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #35
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakew13 View Post
I agree it may have been a little early for a bad guy post but I can't really blame the OP for wanting some support on this one. The whole situation sounds pretty sketchy. I would be pretty nervous about the whole thing if I was in the same situation. Sometimes it just takes a little post on the BOI to get a person to do the right thing. Hope everything works out.
There is an "inquiry" icon. and he could of went about it that way. But there is room for concern, so i can understand why he came to b.o.i. Its almost 400 bucks. is not like its a bad guy thread for "20.50" (recent thread)

Old 07-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #36
joshjtd
Thank you David.

I am hoping in the end that everything will work out. I guess I have been spoiled from buying beardies on this site and having nothing but excellent experiences every time.

The point I am trying to get across to folks is that I don't think I am getting completely honest answers from her. The dragon I purchased was not her most expensive. I would not want a member of this community to pay top dollar and have the same experience I have had.

In the future, I will exhaust all resources and have a waiting period before resorting to the BOI. I honestly feel as though I have tried to have an open line of communication with her but I am just not comfortable with her answers.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #37
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjtd View Post

As far as where she said it would be another 4 weeks, that part should be posted already.
Maybe it's here and I'm just not seeing it; would you mind pointing out to me? Thanks!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:57 AM   #38
shinezilla
Tom... Are you trying to make the OP more paranoid? What more can he do but wait regardless of the she's dishing out.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #39
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinezilla View Post
Tom... Are you trying to make the OP more paranoid? What more can he do but wait regardless of the she's dishing out.
Lol, no not more paranoid... just kinda saying " i understand why he came to the b.o.i. " But maybe it was alittle soon.

I think he has two legit points (not counting the other two excuses) to be worried or to think that he is getting the run around.

BUT, she is still in contact with him, and she is still making it seem like there is a dragon coming. .. so lets hope she holds true to her end.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:14 AM   #40
shinezilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
Lol, no not more paranoid... just kinda saying " i understand why he came to the b.o.i. " But maybe it was alittle soon.

I think he has two legit points (not counting the other two excuses) to be worried or to think that he is getting the run around.

BUT, she is still in contact with him, and she is still making it seem like there is a dragon coming. .. so lets hope she holds true to her end.
The only thing the OP really has to worry about is whether he gets his monies worth... There's no doubt he'll get his dragon, but there's a possibility it might not be "all that with a bag of chips"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!