Green Anole not eating? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #11
Leighanne
If you say so?

Old 05-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #12
coyote
What answer did you really want? Because obviously you don't like the one I gave. Of course the pet shop is going to recommend "natural" substrate over paper towels. You have to buy the "natural" substrate from a pet shop.
Indeed, the STERILE ground coconut and ground bark substrates have advantages. But they do not negate the viable option of paper towels. It depends on your lifestyle and cleaning habits. What so you want, naturalistic or easy to clean? Even the "natural" substrates have to be cleaned and periodically replaced.

If we are going to go any farther in this vein, it would be better to start a different thread.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #13
Leighanne
Coyote

Sorry, I have not checked on this in awhile. Nope, you are right! I was actually just sneaking my question in another thread. I used the Jungle Mix I had for Jakers for him, and he ate some of it attacking a cricket one night! YICKS! I yanked some out of his mouth, but he still ate some of it. This was like a month ago though and I have seen no ill affects, Thank God! Since that day he has been on paper towels. We used paper towels at first for Gex our Gecko, and then put Aspen in because the label said it was ok. I liked it, and thought it was nice and pillowy for him, and we didn't have any problems for awhile, but then one day my Hubby said he saw him get a piece eating a cricket, back to paper towels! The only ones we have with substrate now are Jake(The Corn Snake), and Ermac! Our newest addition the Rose haired Tarantula!

I wasn't trying to argue, I am sorry. Paper towels are the best in Picolos and Gexs case. I just like to try and make it as natural as possible for them. I have Jakers on Aspen now, and its ok. I really miss his dirt nose though!! I think I might switch back. The substrate for Picolo didn't even matter! He comes to the ground more with the paper towels, and he LOVES his plants anyway! I have a couple plastic vines in their from the Pet Store, a silk plant from another store, and a real plant in with him. The real ones his favorite! The only problem I have with paper towels is the fact the crickets try, and successfully sometimes hide under it. My Fiancee being so smart thought to fold them down, and press them down and this has helped some. Thanx

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!