Bad Guy Josh@Outbackreps - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #91
Kaiyudsai
Quote:
Originally Posted by -C@jun- View Post
No paper bag is open. She was really small refused her first meal the pinkie died so I didn't want to take a chance with another. A guy at the petshop said they feed theres in a paperbags. Worked great 2 feedings so far. My male didn't get the pink belly before his shed. I was reading the pink belly poo thing in some problems thread someone had suggested giving it a bath to try to make it poo.
I believe sympathy is gone here. I can't even keep the story straight plain bold and underlined. Its just what a child would do read over just what they wanted. Heard only what they wanted to hear. Seems like a all out war and i'm outnumbered. Stupidity Gang to 1.
You really need to relax...... this is the third thread Ive seen you make in a week flaming a company/ breeder .... 1st was Zilla(which you posted on Reptile Insider and admitted to finding a solution after the mud was already slung).and it was made clear that RI didnt want that sort of drama... then it was Sean from Exotics by nature here..... which was totally offbase... Now it is Outback.... for a claim that you have yet to be able to substantiate by photos...... It really looks rather odd from our perspective...... I havent seen anything but flaming from you......

These people were trying to help you, and taking time out of their day to even research vets for you..... they dont deserve the bashing.... Most forums ban for this sort of activity......

PS.... you need to read the TOS for the BOI... and follow the rules precisely....

Old 06-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #92
-C@jun-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_78 View Post

Let me get this straight...

You purchased a ghost bp from a seller and got what you asked for. You initially thought the bp had a weight problem and didn't think to contact the seller? Two weeks later you see he is selling kinked snakes for discounted prices. You see these snakes and find a "kink" in yours. Then you supply us with many many pictures of this "kink" to which are so blurry can you barely tell it's a snake.
Jeremy clements.
First off they don't know how to read. Just nit picking if they did read the topic and its entirety. I have repeated myself to much in here. The snakes he was selling were the same kind I had and they were kinked. This snake i had when recieved had a long thick wrinkle down its side and this kink/bone whatever it is. So yeah I figured weight. The wrinkle went away first feeding. I was always worried about the kink/bone. After 2 weeks seeing him selling 2 other snakes same morph with kinks just got me thinking he sold me a snake kinked/defected. Theres something wrong other then weight here. We will see. 4:30cst today i will find out I don't know if i have to wait for any results or x-ray. I imagine I will get it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
Look up Suzanne Trosclair... in Lafayette..she can do an xray... and has a decent knowledge of basic reptile medicine....... if she cant help you contact LSU vet school.

But that does not resemble any kink I have ever seen.... if it is a cracked rib.... that sort of injury happens sometimes in snakes... and can go unnoticed
and the snake can live a normal life..... especially since it isnt near the chest cavity....

But it doesnt look like anything genetic from the pics you have posted...
I had my phone number on here we could of met somewhere off 90 and you could of seen in person and be able to make a judgment for the chillins here. I have a 4:30 at St. Francis they have some lady who comes in on wednesdays who handles the reptiles. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
You really need to relax...... this is the third thread Ive seen you make in a week flaming a company/ breeder .... 1st was Zilla(which you posted on Reptile Insider and admitted to finding a solution after the mud was already slung).and it was made clear that RI didnt want that sort of drama... then it was Sean from Exotics by nature here..... which was totally offbase... Now it is Outback.... for a claim that you have yet to be able to substantiate by photos...... It really looks rather odd from our perspective...... I havent seen anything but flaming from you......

These people were trying to help you, and taking time out of their day to even research vets for you..... they dont deserve the bashing.... Most forums ban for this sort of activity......

PS.... you need to read the TOS for the BOI... and follow the rules precisely....
No bud I posted the zilla thing all over! RI just had a problem writing out zilla to cover him. It was information so rookies like myself would watch out buying the cheap zilla pet store tanks
Sean and I are cool now I guess. He called me and made things right. Took a BOI for it but it worked. I was well in my writes there. I was told to call him monday after a expo. Which I did he told me he was going to txt it to my brother as soon as he made it to his shop because i just have phone on my cell plan. He never did. I left full of messages. His iphone was messed up and was not getting voice messages i was told. Hey it could of been avoided by that monday we had spoke. If you read this one I still mentioned the good things. I didn't cut him down completely. I did say he was very descent and gave us full of information. Also how he had supprised us popping the snake right there. My brother purchased a snake from Sean no problem he speaks highly of Sean but he agrees he could of handled my ordeal better.
Now I have this outback issue with josh selling me a snake with a problem/kink/defect/broken bone! I paid for a snake that was 100% perfect full price. There is no reason I should have to bring her to a vet to x-ray and probably spend more $$$ on whatever it will take to make her perfect(IF IT ISN'T A KINK). Unless it is a kink then now i have to deal with that. I don't plan to buy anymore bp's. I have 2 to make what I need to breed back to her for my honeybee's. I will have trouble giving away the offspring I don't need if there is a kink in the genetics.
I'm straight forward! Don't like the bs. I tell it like it is, some get offend I don't care. These people that are so called trying to help are not but after 5 pages of the same ol same ol story just gets overlooked its hard to remain calm with ignorance.

To you all who have me "blacklisted".
I could care less go bark up someone else's leg! You are all blacklisted here too. none of you are mature breeder anyway. I wouldn't want another overlooked defected snake. I'll stick to the expos or home bred. Don't get all this safe behind a moniter talk back.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #93
ShadowAceD
So, I read this about a day ago and figured it had begun to wind down, but I guess I was wrong.

James, you keep claiming that people are nit picking your posts and picking out what it is they do or do not want to see. Well, as an outsider looking in, let me give some perspective to you.

First off, in the photos you showed, blurred and unfocused as they were, there is no kink in your animal. As stated many times over, kinks do not present themselves in a such a symetrical way. Also, a kink, by its very definition and by the cases I have seen, would present itself in such a way that the portion of the animal would abruptly "jerk" to the side down the length of its body. This is not the case of your animal and this much is obvious.

Now, secondly, to move onto the reason you brought this to the BOI to begin with. You have no proof, no definitive evidence, that this animal has a genetic defect. You have yet to provide any sort of findings from a veterinarian who is capable of handling such exotics and all you have is your own assumptions. As you have claimed yourself a newbie when it comes to repitles, this does not do much for confidence. This is nothing to take offense to, but rather something to realize.

Finally, Josh offered you a refund. He will not give a partial because, one, it is not the terms of service of Outback Reptiles to do so and, two, there is no reason to do it. You have had the animal for two weeks yet are so in love with it that you are not willing to part with it, but you desire some of the money back. No, the world does not really work that way. You either keep an animal you believe defective, or you send it back for a refund. It is more than fair.

I would also like to point out that I find it odd someone who desires to eventually be a breeder putting themselves in such a position. What I mean by this is simple: you have a supposedly defective animal, maybe it is genetic, maybe it is not, yet you are going to risk breeding it in the future because that is the reason you got it. Instead of sending it back to get a full refund from Josh, you are going to keep it, force it to endure a pregnancy, cross your fingers and hope for the best? What if all the babies come out with a defect? Then what? What if the supposed defect causes complications and kills the female? Think about it. What then? You have an opportunity to get your investment back instead of killing it over and over again.

Then again, perhaps I am lacking in maturity and filled with ignorance? Right.

Do not come to the BOI, bash the community involved with it and expect a warm reception. We like facts here. We do not like hear say, he said/she said or anything else of that nature. You have posted Bad Guy Threads for people here that are clearly unwarranted. The best part, of course this is sarcasm, would be that these remain here forever and now people have to drudge through numerous posts of half baked claims to get to the truth. In the end it will benefit Josh, not you, but I suppose that is as much the point of the BOI as your lack luster attempts here.

Bottom line: keep the snake and deal with it or send it back and get a full refund.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #94
Kaiyudsai
Quote:
Now I have this outback issue with josh selling me a snake with a problem/kink/defect/broken bone! I paid for a snake that was 100% perfect full price. There is no reason I should have to bring her to a vet to x-ray and probably spend more $$$ on whatever it will take to make her perfect(IF IT ISN'T A KINK). Unless it is a kink then now i have to deal with that.
I personally havent seen any evidence here that would support that claim(a genetic defect).... I cant even see anything abnormal because the pics are so out of focus.... but I've only been breeding reptiles for 17 years so what do I know.....

As the accuser... it is your responsibility... and yours alone to come forward with evidence supporting your claims....

He even offered to give you a refund..... which is more than I personally would've done with that sort of evidence.....

IF you ever buy another reptile... when you open the box... thoroughly inspect it.... very closely..... then contact the seller.... that is your time to air any issues...... not weeks later.... and probably be a good idea to read the breeder's TOS before purchase..... some people dont have the same guarantees... for many legitimate reasons.....

Old 06-02-2010, 07:50 AM   #95
deborahbroadus
Quote:
First off they don't know how to read. Just nit picking if they did read the topic and its entirety. I have repeated myself to much in here. The snakes he was selling were the same kind I had and they were kinked. This snake i had when recieved had a long thick wrinkle down its side and this kink/bone whatever it is. So yeah I figured weight. The wrinkle went away first feeding. I was always worried about the kink/bone. After 2 weeks seeing him selling 2 other snakes same morph with kinks just got me thinking he sold me a snake kinked/defected. Theres something wrong other then weight here. We will see. 4:30cst today i will find out I don't know if i have to wait for any results or x-ray. I imagine I will get it today.

I had my phone number on here we could of met somewhere off 90 and you could of seen in person and be able to make a judgment for the chillins here. I have a 4:30 at St. Francis they have some lady who comes in on wednesdays who handles the reptiles. Thanks for the suggestion.

No bud I posted the zilla thing all over! RI just had a problem writing out zilla to cover him. It was information so rookies like myself would watch out buying the cheap zilla pet store tanks
Sean and I are cool now I guess. He called me and made things right. Took a BOI for it but it worked. I was well in my writes there. I was told to call him monday after a expo. Which I did he told me he was going to txt it to my brother as soon as he made it to his shop because i just have phone on my cell plan. He never did. I left full of messages. His iphone was messed up and was not getting voice messages i was told. Hey it could of been avoided by that monday we had spoke. If you read this one I still mentioned the good things. I didn't cut him down completely. I did say he was very descent and gave us full of information. Also how he had supprised us popping the snake right there. My brother purchased a snake from Sean no problem he speaks highly of Sean but he agrees he could of handled my ordeal better.
Now I have this outback issue with josh selling me a snake with a problem/kink/defect/broken bone! I paid for a snake that was 100% perfect full price. There is no reason I should have to bring her to a vet to x-ray and probably spend more $$$ on whatever it will take to make her perfect(IF IT ISN'T A KINK). Unless it is a kink then now i have to deal with that. I don't plan to buy anymore bp's. I have 2 to make what I need to breed back to her for my honeybee's. I will have trouble giving away the offspring I don't need if there is a kink in the genetics.
I'm straight forward! Don't like the bs. I tell it like it is, some get offend I don't care. These people that are so called trying to help are not but after 5 pages of the same ol same ol story just gets overlooked its hard to remain calm with ignorance.

To you all who have me "blacklisted".
I could care less go bark up someone else's leg! You are all blacklisted here too. none of you are mature breeder anyway. I wouldn't want another overlooked defected snake. I'll stick to the expos or home bred. Don't get all this safe behind a moniter talk back.
You were told, "SEND THE SNAKE BACK FOR A FULL REFUND." I fail to see what's so difficult to comprehend about that sentence.

You do NOT get to tell a business how to run their TOS. You do NOT get to tell a business that you fell in "love" with the snake so only want a little bit of the money back.

SEND THE SNAKE BACK FOR A FULL REFUND. Those are the terms, it really IS that simple.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #96
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
You were told, "SEND THE SNAKE BACK FOR A FULL REFUND." I fail to see what's so difficult to comprehend about that sentence.

You do NOT get to tell a business how to run their TOS. You do NOT get to tell a business that you fell in "love" with the snake so only want a little bit of the money back.

SEND THE SNAKE BACK FOR A FULL REFUND. Those are the terms, it really IS that simple.
Oooops..Those WERE the terms, I wouldn't blame them one bit if they withdrew the offer. You have had the snake much too long to be insisting on getting any money back.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #97
KingBowser
Well the bottom line is that Outback's reputation has not been affected in anyway by this guy, so who cares.

As far as I'm concerned, if a seller offers a refund, there it is. End of discussion.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #98
blueapplepaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBowser View Post
As far as I'm concerned, if a seller offers a refund, there it is. End of discussion.
I agree. Even if it was a kink that Outback overlooked, they have offered to make it right. Mistakes do happen; what matters is how those mistakes are handled.

The fact that Outback offered a full refund over two weeks after the snake was purchased indicates to me that they went above and beyond what would have been expected of them.

I used to mostly be leery of buying from people who were new or didn't have a lot of rep. But people like the OP have also made me leery of selling to new people. Its unfortunate that just a few people can ruin things for all.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #99
bloodybaroness
Quote:
After 2 weeks seeing him selling 2 other snakes same morph with kinks just got me thinking he sold me a snake kinked/defected.
Right there is where you shot your own self in the foot.

I am willing to bet money if you had NEVER seen the threads with kinked snakes of the same morph from Outback, you would have never posted this one.

You saw those and thought you get a few bucks back and walk out on top. Outback stood by their TOS and offered you a full refund if the snake was returned and you refused because it did not fall into your plan. If you were the least bit serious about breeding you would have sent the defective animal back and taken the refund and moved on with your life.

The only "proof" of a defect have been blurry, poorly done photos. You could tell the snake had wings for all the more you can distinguish in those photos.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #100
bad-one
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
So, I read this about a day ago and figured it had begun to wind down, but I guess I was wrong.

James, you keep claiming that people are nit picking your posts and picking out what it is they do or do not want to see. Well, as an outsider looking in, let me give some perspective to you.

First off, in the photos you showed, blurred and unfocused as they were, there is no kink in your animal. As stated many times over, kinks do not present themselves in a such a symetrical way. Also, a kink, by its very definition and by the cases I have seen, would present itself in such a way that the portion of the animal would abruptly "jerk" to the side down the length of its body. This is not the case of your animal and this much is obvious.

Now, secondly, to move onto the reason you brought this to the BOI to begin with. You have no proof, no definitive evidence, that this animal has a genetic defect. You have yet to provide any sort of findings from a veterinarian who is capable of handling such exotics and all you have is your own assumptions. As you have claimed yourself a newbie when it comes to repitles, this does not do much for confidence. This is nothing to take offense to, but rather something to realize.

Finally, Josh offered you a refund. He will not give a partial because, one, it is not the terms of service of Outback Reptiles to do so and, two, there is no reason to do it. You have had the animal for two weeks yet are so in love with it that you are not willing to part with it, but you desire some of the money back. No, the world does not really work that way. You either keep an animal you believe defective, or you send it back for a refund. It is more than fair.

I would also like to point out that I find it odd someone who desires to eventually be a breeder putting themselves in such a position. What I mean by this is simple: you have a supposedly defective animal, maybe it is genetic, maybe it is not, yet you are going to risk breeding it in the future because that is the reason you got it. Instead of sending it back to get a full refund from Josh, you are going to keep it, force it to endure a pregnancy, cross your fingers and hope for the best? What if all the babies come out with a defect? Then what? What if the supposed defect causes complications and kills the female? Think about it. What then? You have an opportunity to get your investment back instead of killing it over and over again.

Then again, perhaps I am lacking in maturity and filled with ignorance? Right.

Do not come to the BOI, bash the community involved with it and expect a warm reception. We like facts here. We do not like hear say, he said/she said or anything else of that nature. You have posted Bad Guy Threads for people here that are clearly unwarranted. The best part, of course this is sarcasm, would be that these remain here forever and now people have to drudge through numerous posts of half baked claims to get to the truth. In the end it will benefit Josh, not you, but I suppose that is as much the point of the BOI as your lack luster attempts here.

Bottom line: keep the snake and deal with it or send it back and get a full refund.
I could not have said this better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!