Bad Guy Josh@Outbackreps - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #21
-C@jun-

Old 05-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
Josh@Outbackreps
To answer the question about the other ghost that were kinked they were unrelated from africa that came with kinks. We sold them labeled as pets only.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #23
-C@jun-
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleymoore View Post
i see the dot... but it's hard to determine considering that pic is blurry.
Yeah All the close ups have been blurry IDK its hard to see more of a feel. The dot isn't there naturally I pushed the "bone".

Old 05-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #24
bradleymoore
i still can't see anything clearly, so i hope it all works out for both parties.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #25
Elizabeth Minton
i have talked to josh before i decided to buy from there recent ad involving two kinked male ghosts... an orange and a green. i mentioned if it would affect breeding since i only buy for breeding, i decided not to buy for myself and i decided to buy the orange ghost as a birthday gift. he said no the kink was most likely caused by the temperature during incubation. i decided to buy the orange ghost as a pet for my boyfriends 18th birthday. josh has been very helpful and all i have to say for his business with me is good guy.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #26
cinderbird
it sounds like what you are describing is a broken rib, more so than a kink, but based on pictures like this (http://www.bris.ac.uk/university/med...net/python.jpg) don't have ribs past the vent.

No idea whats going on but i'd take the animal to a vet if you're concerned about it.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #27
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
If it is some genetic defect that is one thing. Maybe a trip to the vet to see what is going on. But what if the buyer is describing spurs? A picture would be good, buyer, can you post a pic?
Sounds reasonable. OP, pics please?

Though I am of the mind that kinked animals should not be sold - those're freezer pets only. You can sell them as "pets", but there's no way of knowing if those will end up in the gene pool thanks to some unscrupulous breeder. Smacks of greed, not ethics.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #28
-C@jun-
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
it sounds like what you are describing is a broken rib, more so than a kink, but based on pictures like this (http://www.bris.ac.uk/university/med...net/python.jpg) don't have ribs past the vent.

No idea whats going on but i'd take the animal to a vet if you're concerned about it.
Thanks clock. IDK from that link I would say the ribs end way in front of the "bone/kink" The problem area is over the vent. Its like a blackjack under her back bone.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #29
-C@jun-
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Sounds reasonable. OP, pics please?

Though I am of the mind that kinked animals should not be sold - those're freezer pets only. You can sell them as "pets", but there's no way of knowing if those will end up in the gene pool thanks to some unscrupulous breeder. Smacks of greed, not ethics.
RGR That get them out of the gene pool!
Give me 5 I will go see about some new pics

Old 05-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #30
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by -C@jun- View Post
Yeah All the close ups have been blurry IDK its hard to see more of a feel. The dot isn't there naturally I pushed the "bone".
So if you bend the snake's tail in half like in your photo, a bone sticks out? I think we have determined the source of the problem... baby snakes have very fragile bones.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!