Bad Guy Josh@Outbackreps - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:00 AM   #71
Slipmattic
This ad needs to just be locked. Josh @ Outback did not deserve a bad guy thread for this, that "defect" or kink is so small. I can almost promise you looked the snake over really well after seeing his other thread selling kinked animals for pets, which i am not slandering him in anyway. I also agree about taking it to the vet, which should have been done before starting this ad, atleast then you would have some ground to stand on. Also like Josh stated before, it could be do to incubation, not genetics. I would continue this thread in another location just to keep people posted.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #72
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipmattic View Post
This ad needs to just be locked. .
Respectfully disagree. Had it been locked from the getgo, we would not have all the replies from the buyer as well as opinions from those who participated in the thread that show that the seller is more than reasonable, having offered a full refund, but the buyer on the other hand appears to be a problem buyer with a bad case of the gimmies.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 AM   #73
Wolfy-hound
Quote:
Originally Posted by -C@jun- View Post
I have been after someone to sex it for me since day one. No I'm not sure and just hoping for the best.

Sorry overlooked this one. I do plan to take it to the vet and have a appointment for Wednesday for the sexing but I will request a x-ray.

So which vet did you have the appointment with if you can't find a vet to take it to? Just wondering about that, since I was pretty sure I'd seen that you posted you HAD an appointment.

In my experiance, kinks are generally very solid and not able to be "pushed against the scales", and also not symetrical on both sides. Kinks normally are places where the vertabrae are fused in a bend, from everything I've seen and read, including the babies that I hatched out after a incubator incident that caused kinking. All those babies were non-viable.

If you want to KEEP the product, you don't get refunds, even partial refunds. While I hate to refer to a living creature as a product, that's how you have to see it in business policies. Since you were offered a full refund, well after most sellers would have allowed, I think that the seller was more than fair. He even offered partial credit instead.

Just my $0.02, since I haven't had dealing with either of you, but in my opinion, I'd not hesitate to do business with the seller, based on his actions during this particular deal.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #74
dturner100
Quote:
I don't believe there are that many vets around here. I asked someone from around here said he never had to go to one wasn't sure. I have mentioned I have a appointment somewhere in here. The clinic I found the herp doc is only in on wednesdays. Its just a walk-in thing really. As far as the substrate we feed her in a paper bag unless she swallowed some for him. And for the food passing through she was a little constipated at first but she seems to be fine. I guess she was constipated had a pink belly. Soaked her in the tub and it seemed to relax her. Been about a week should do her stuff any day now i imagine.
ALL of my customers get the same lecture when buying an animal from me. You find a good vet BEFORE you purchase an animal. These aren't ant farms. You should be able to plan for the health of the animal at least for the first year of its life.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #75
-C@jun-
Just because there is 41 vets in a area doesn't mean they all deal with snakes. Some horses. Some just dogs and cats. Few to none handle reptiles. St. Francis is who I have found. Wednesday is the day there reptile guy comes in. If everybody made sure there was a vet that handled reps near them before purchasing a reptile there would be a lot of ppl not having a rep. Don't be so ignorant!
Dr. Broussard may have done it. I use to get medicine for my animals there but he has a habit of keeping expired meds. There was a Dr. Lamburg or something like that I remember my dad had took his red tail boa up there once. He's gone for illegal practices shooting horses with steroids. Seeing you have a list there make a few calls tuesday and see how much of a smart arse you are.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #76
Lucille
Quote:
Dr. Broussard may have done it. I use to get medicine for my animals there but he has a habit of keeping expired meds. There was a Dr. Lamburg or something like that I remember my dad had took his red tail boa up there once. He's gone for illegal practices shooting horses with steroids. Seeing you have a list there make a few calls tuesday and see how much of a smart arse you are.
The only person who needs to make calls is you. You rushed right over here to make bad guy claims before you even had a vet visit to tell you what was wrong; by your own admission you are a novice. Whatever the diagnosis is, you were premature in your demands.

I think you seller was reasonable in offering a full refund, but you seem to get a kick out of making 'bad guy' claims, such as the claims you made against the vets above.

I sure hope you can back up your expired medication charge against Dr. Broussard, who has a clinic and a website, and who has been sent a link to this thread.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #77
-C@jun-
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner100 View Post

Deb very good point but I must have missed the breeding part. This guy made it clear he doesn't even know what a kink is. I believe he referred to the problem as a sideways bone near the tail. So he's going to breed animals that he knows nothing about. Doesn't know the genetic possibilities, etc...

I think the op has painted a picture of what a true irresponsible "herper" is...
genetic possibilities
MALE: Spider
FEMALE: Orange Ghost
50%: Het Orange Ghost
50%: Spider, Het Orange Ghost
Punnet Square:
Het Orange Ghost
Normal Het Orange Ghost
Spider Spider, Het Orange Ghost

After That:
Male: Spider, Het Orange Ghost
Female: Orange Ghost
After my goal the Honeybee
Why would I buy a female not knowing what will be the turn out on babies? Hopefully in 3 years when it is time to breed I will know enough to get by. Saying you know everything just shows ignorance. You never stop learning!

As far as the blacklist thing to everyone else. I could care less. I'm sure you would be after the money anyways. If you are a breeder then your just trying to get a buck and all money is green. don't try to fake a front. Probably don't even having anything to breed.

Sellers and children like yourselves are whats giving the reptile world a bad name. You say all over these forums how the reptile world needs more people to fight these illegal bans. yet you defend your buddies to death just because there a friend or sucked you off once. Weather or not it was a kink a broken bone whatever it was there is something wrong. Like I have said over and over seemed like a weight issue. I don't believe she even had a first meal. Maybe some of you are having trouble reading or can't read. Go get your mommy to read Dr. Seuss to you. You start off on the first page in case some of you don't know. Left to right top to bottom. Theres your leason. Hope you learned something today. Go fart clear your mind.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:39 PM   #78
cinderbird
Quote:
Just because there is 41 vets in a area doesn't mean they all deal with snakes. Some horses. Some just dogs and cats. Few to none handle reptiles. St. Francis is who I have found. Wednesday is the day there reptile guy comes in. If everybody made sure there was a vet that handled reps near them before purchasing a reptile there would be a lot of ppl not having a rep. Don't be so ignorant!
I have vets for my animals if they get sick, OR people i can go to for advice if i can't get into a vet quickly enough.

Would you get a cat or a dog without having a veterinarian? You're dealing with animals here, animals that are under YOUR care. You're responsible for them whether they're sick or healthy or somewhere in between.

And JUST SO YOU KNOW: pink belly is usually the first sign of a shed. Before you start causing yourself another problem, read over this care sheet: http://ball-pythons.net/modules/Sect...warticle&id=59 . Why are you feeding in a paper bag? I hope you're not stapling it like some of those really old python books suggest. :/ Anyway, this is a BOI not a care thread.

You're not going to garner a whole lot of sympathy here if you keep biting the hand that tries to help you.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #79
-C@jun-
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
The only person who needs to make calls is you. You rushed right over here to make bad guy claims before you even had a vet visit to tell you what was wrong; by your own admission you are a novice. Whatever the diagnosis is, you were premature in your demands.

I think you seller was reasonable in offering a full refund, but you seem to get a kick out of making 'bad guy' claims, such as the claims you made against the vets above.

I sure hope you can back up your expired medication charge against Dr. Broussard, who has a clinic and a website, and who has been sent a link to this thread.
Hey your the one that doesn't know how to read. I have made the calls. Send away I haven't seen him in over a year i'm sure he is aware of how we stand. Since I flamed so hard on Josh what do you think Dr. Broussard got? He lives here in town.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:52 PM   #80
-C@jun-
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
I have vets for my animals if they get sick, OR people i can go to for advice if i can't get into a vet quickly enough.

Would you get a cat or a dog without having a veterinarian? You're dealing with animals here, animals that are under YOUR care. You're responsible for them whether they're sick or healthy or somewhere in between.

And JUST SO YOU KNOW: pink belly is usually the first sign of a shed. Before you start causing yourself another problem, read over this care sheet: http://ball-pythons.net/modules/Sect...warticle&id=59 . Why are you feeding in a paper bag? I hope you're not stapling it like some of those really old python books suggest. :/ Anyway, this is a BOI not a care thread.

You're not going to garner a whole lot of sympathy here if you keep biting the hand that tries to help you.
No paper bag is open. She was really small refused her first meal the pinkie died so I didn't want to take a chance with another. A guy at the petshop said they feed theres in a paperbags. Worked great 2 feedings so far. My male didn't get the pink belly before his shed. I was reading the pink belly poo thing in some problems thread someone had suggested giving it a bath to try to make it poo.
I believe sympathy is gone here. I can't even keep the story straight plain bold and underlined. Its just what a child would do read over just what they wanted. Heard only what they wanted to hear. Seems like a all out war and i'm outnumbered. Stupidity Gang to 1.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!