Wild caught albino California king - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
BobO'Booey
Wild caught albino California king

I have a 2 1/2 year old albino California king snake that looks like a traditional albino ( red eyes, white skin) except the banding is a brighter white instead of the traditional yellow that you normally see in an albino. It is a pale white with bright white bands, has anyone else ever seen this?

Old 03-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #2
Robert Walker
A photo might be critical in getting good input from others.
How to post pictures: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Old 03-20-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
BobO'Booey
Wild caught albino California king snake

I had trouble attaching I hope this comes through
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2018, 05:49 PM   #4
BobO'Booey
They appear brighter with my flash on the phone but in the Sun or normal light they are very light I have looked all over the Internet and I have not found any of the king snakes that were albinos that were this pale in color. Thank you for your help

Old 03-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #5
Robert Walker
I'm not a kingsnake person at all, however, a quick search for 'albino kingsnakes' pulled this up almost instantly. While the band width is different, the 'pale' color appears to be pretty much the same thing:
https://www.sott.net/article/265517-...-in-her-garden
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2018, 10:55 PM   #6
BobO'Booey
That looks almost identical, thank you for posting that I looked all over and never saw another one. I don't think the California kingsnake was introduced into the wild over there so I'm assuming that got loose from somebody. I kind of suspected that that might have been the case with mine although mine was not found anywhere near residences that's still not to say it wasn't turned loose or got loose. Thank you very much for the help

Old 03-20-2018, 11:47 PM   #7
WebSlave
Heck, years ago I found a DOR striped California king snake on route 90 between Jacksonville, FL and Lake City. Anything is possible these days, it seems.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #8
KingsnakeKing
Yea I want to say that this was definitely someones pet that got loose. Albino specimens rarely get that big in the wild as they stick out like a sore thumb to predators. They will also exhibit that pinkish color until adulthood which will slowly start to turn white. This one appears to be in between the two phases.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #9
BobO'Booey
Upon probe sexing it is a male, last week I caught a beautiful large female that is a dark chocolate Brown with beautiful bands so I am hoping to breed these at some point

Old 05-17-2018, 03:21 AM   #10
KingsnakeKing
Nice! Looking forward to see what they produce

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!