Shaun Peavy-Watch out for this guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
cjackson
Shaun Peavy-Watch out for this guy

Just a quick headsup about Shaun Peavy of Topeka Kansas. I sent him payment for some used Neodesha cages and he was to have shipped them three weeks ago but so far no cages. I have called and left messages 7 times and sent 5 e-mails requesting he contact me and no response. The funny thing is that he had an ad posted in a large classified area (not Fauna) and I sent him an e-mail yesterday asking about the snakes and used my son's name and I got an immediate reply offering me the snakes from this guy. I replied to him and asked for contact info and the ad was pulled.
The amount involved is $390.00 so it isn't exactly grand larceny but I want to warn people that he appears to be a rip-off type fellow and you might want to spend your money elsewhere.
Also, I left messages letting him know that if some problems had arisen that I am patient and more than willing to work with him BUT I need to hear from him. I have been buying/selling snakes for 30+ years and fortunately have only been screwed a few times but I have gotten to know what a bad deal smells like and this one is getting a bit gamey...
Chris Jackson
San Diego, Ca.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Laura Fopiano
Chris, how did you pay for the cages? Where did he advertise said cages and have you sent him a link to this thread yet?

Old 05-19-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
cjackson
I sent him a check which has cleared the bank.
Yes, I tried to contact him everyway possible. His phone still works and the e-mails don't bounce so he is getting the message. He is just ignoring me.

I got sloppy and was in a hurry and didn't check the BOI or else I would have seen that this guy is bad news. His other problems gave him "wiggle" room to argue that he was overcharged in a trade deal. In my case, I sent him money and he sent me nothing. Not anything to argue about that.

I just hope no one else does any business with this guy and gets shafted like I am.

Chris Jackson

Old 05-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
garweft
That name sounded really familiar..... Oh that's right he already is on the BOI....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=peavy

He's a douche who hides behind women so he's hard to track down. You may have to call all his relatives until you track him down. Good luck.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
cjackson
Shaun Peavy-CORRECTION

I posted a complaint/warning about this guy for not sending the used cages I bought from him. I have called him and e-mailed repeatedly for three weeks and have never heard from him. Well, the cages just arrived so he DID follow through. Why he wouldn't let me know is still a mystery but he did send the cages. Not very good customer service but NOT dishonest either.

A side note to this is that they were 6-3' slant front Neodeshas that were shipped DHL. They arrived crushed and damaged beyond repair. Shaun could have packaged them better but from the looks of things DHL was out to destroy these items as they are pathetic looking and in pieces. I wonder if the delivery guys get a kick out of bringing people smashed goods? Oh well, I can't blame Shaun for this as I am not sure a wooden crate would have saved these. It looks like they parked a large Mercedes on them or they were damaged by a roadside bomb in Iraq
I see why smart people don't ship their used cages.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #6
cjackson
I received the cages today so I get to correct the record on this guy. Please see my new post "Shaun Peavy-CORRECTION" if interested.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson
I received the cages today so I get to correct the record on this guy. Please see my new post "Shaun Peavy-CORRECTION" if interested.
Your threads have been merged. Updated iformation regarding this transaction belonged in this thread. Otherwise, someone reading this in the furture would have no idea what the outcome was.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
garweft
I doubt that DHL would purposely destroy 6 separate packages addressed to you. If they went around destroying large packages for fun I doubt that they would be in business for long. I think it would be more likely that Shaun got wind of this thread and decided to send you broken cages as a sort of revenge. Based on how he acted on his last thread he didn't seem like the kind of person I would ever want to do any business with at any point. Here are some highlights from this thread... http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=peavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppeavy
Is that best you can do? I havent lived there in over 2 years. Good luck finding my info!!!!!!

BTW..... there is no way to prove or dissaprove this matter. This was over 2 years ago and like I said, no prices were set for anything. Its there word against mine and Frankly, I say they are hard up for cash and need a scape goat!! Im no sucker, so good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sppeavy
..... You guys are chasing a dead end and seem to be having fun doing it. Let Mickey and Mike prove I owe them money before you go messing with people. Isnt that how law works, inocent untill proven guilty? I dont see them proving their point, so until they do, you guys need to lay off! You guys are slamming me just on their word, but they cant PROVE anything!!

Old 05-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
jsrocket
Matt, I remember that thread, and posted on it. It was a very unprofessional deal, and both parties came away dissatisfied.

One party spammed up this whole board (at the time) about Shaun ripping him off, and the other party (Shaun Peavy) came off looking like an immature tool.

Neither guy came away smelling too good.

FWIW

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!