Jason Pau <jpau@uci.edu> INFO - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2002, 04:22 PM   #1
chris allen
Jason Pau <jpau@uci.edu> INFO

I responded to an ad placed by Jason. On his website www.jdragons.com there were 2 female bearded dragons....each for $150 shipped. So I responded to the ad offering $250 shipped (even though it says prices are firm), I figured both animals were going to the same place and I would be taking both at the same time. I then received email from Jason that he wanted $300 for them both to let him know if I was still interested(note: he is telling me to email him if I am still interested). So I emailed him back that I would take them at $275 shipped which reasoning logically he will only be paying one shipping charge so no reason for me to pay for two shipping charges. Mind you this was just one hour and a half after he emailed me. I then later get an email from him that he is now giving priority to local buyers and has someone that is interested so he will email me later that night if the buyer doesnt come through? Well you know how that goes so I knew I wasnt getting them, which is fine, but to conduct a sale by advertising shipping, then not wanting to ship, and yet in the beginning trying to get double shipping fees didnt all add up. I have since sent maybe two emails expressing my frustration with how this went on....and then for him only to email me that he sold them local for 300 and that he follows price and now this guy had really emailed him first? So I responded by asking if he shipped or not cause selling local for 300 is ripping someone off approx.. $50 and why he even bothered talking business with me if they were on "HOLD(for lack of a better word) to someone else. Just my bad story on the guy, maybe it was just a fluke situation, but the way he chose to do business I feel was below par and the whole thing just didnt sound right. Chris Allen

Old 12-11-2002, 05:09 PM   #2
jpau
In response to Chris's concerns.

I am just a breeder who puts the health of his animals before the sales. I resort to shipping my animals last, especially during the winter seasons.

I'm sure most of you all would agree.

thanks for listening,

Jason
www.jdragons.com

Old 12-11-2002, 05:26 PM   #3
Darin Chappell
The last thing I need to do is get into another spitting match with anyone, and it seems that no one here has been ripped off or anything, but I do have one question.

If you're so worried about shipping animals during winter weather, why have the prices include the shipping charges on your website?

That just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, if you had a local buyer on the line that had actually emailed you first (and, remember, you don't like to ship your animals in the winter), why did you come back to Chris after the first email, telling him that your firm price was still $300? Wouldn't THAT have been the time to express your concerns over winter shipments and inform him of the local buyer possibility?

Again, no harm no foul on this, but none of that makes sense to me.

Old 12-11-2002, 05:51 PM   #4
Neil Gubitz
Darin.... This kid should go into Politics! Most of us were born at night.... but, it wasn't LAST NIGHT!!
Sure, I believe his explanation.... yeah, right!

Thanks for the heads-up on this kid....

....Neil

Old 12-11-2002, 06:10 PM   #5
chris allen
MY POINT

That was my point really darin....good thing I didnt get ripped, LOL, I just wanted to put that out there for people to see as it really didnt make sense to me about the shipping and the excuses. There are plenty of dragons out there as we all know, and just as I told him, it was more of the point than anything.

Old 12-11-2002, 06:22 PM   #6
Darin Chappell
"Thanks for the heads-up on this kid...."

I can't take credit for it, Neil. Chris has the honors. I was just sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong . . .AGAIN!!!

You know how that works, don't you Neil?

Old 12-11-2002, 07:48 PM   #7
Boavoyage
Disclaimed: I don't know Jason Pau , but:

He tried to keep good communication by responding every e-mail. What's wrong with it?

He returned mail while he was dealing with a local guy. What's wrong with it? Have anyone out there got a call from local people said that they're going to come to buy your animal, but never show up? He keep his option opens just as any of us who answers thousand of e-mail inquire our animals when noone commit something solid. What's wrong with it?

He cares for his animal health. What's wrong with it? Did we always said on BOI that animal's health is top and priority concern?

He worried about shipping animals during winter, but willing to ship. What's wrong with it?

And last, someone willing to pay $300.00 for his animals. What's wrong with it? Why it makes him a rip-off. The guy saw his animal, and value them with the price, what's the problem? Have anyone of you guys had to buy something that you're willing to pay higher price. There's a time here in California, people bids higher on the asking price for house? Is it insane? I don't think so. I think it called DEMAND

Old 12-11-2002, 11:34 PM   #8
jpau
I appreciate the concern you all have shown to this subject. I agree, scrutinizing the the reptile business does help for improvements.

I don't agree with people posting facts about the transaction who were not involved including Chris.

The dragons were sold for 270, MY shipping costs were deducted. If I get local buyers, I give them priority .. but I do ship if I have to. However, the only reason I kept prompt contact with Chris as well as many others was to keep my options open .. not to lead him on. I'm sure we all have experienced hundreds of buyers with claims who flake out in the end.

And even so, after sending Chris an email stating the price is firm "are you still interested?" He replied with yet again a lower price. This tells me that he isn't interested in paying the full price.

Anyhow, I don't need to make excuses or lies for my transactions as people claim. I dealt with many other interested buyers over this same transaction and they all understand the situation perfectly.I see this all as an overreaction to a missed chance.

Take the story for what it's worth.

But before you all pass judgement on anyone I encourage you to get to know that person first hand.

p.s. i'm not sure if it's the local slang to call people you don't know "kid", but from where i'm from calling a complete stranger kid is disrespectful to say the least.

jdragons looks forward to your business.
Jason Pau
www.jdragons.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!