Is my thinking unreasonable? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 04:46 PM   #31
Adam Block
Here's where I see things. Gary is just not a man of his word. It's that plain! Gary, don't take offence as you make up the largest % of the population.

Shaun on the other hand sees this as okay. He looks at the world like you can't trust anybody so screw everyone that may be honest and good.

I found myself in this same spot with Ken a few months ago. He was a man of his word in a world that I don't expect it. I ended up not following through on my end of a deal in a fair amount of time because of that.

My gut feeling is that Gary got a lot of emails about the snakes and it dawned on him that he could get more money. If you notice they didn't talk about the price at all on here and avoided it when it was mentioned. Or those two are friends so he blew the one guy off for his buddy.

I ALWAYS, set timeframes for people when they say they want a snake. Confirmation is EVERYTHING! If somebody says yeah I want it for sure. I tell them to give it some thought and shoot me an email in the morning to confirm things. If they don’t follow through on what they say my obligation to uphold my word is gone.

My word is my bond; I do all of my business on a handshake. I've had people hold $17,000.00 in snakes for me based on my word! Gary not being able to wait a day on a pair of FL kings is preposterous!

Sorry about your bad dealing,
Adam Block

Old 12-11-2002, 05:18 PM   #32
Darin Chappell
Neil and Dave are working together, and now Adam Block is in basic agreement with MY Sentiments???????

Next thing you know everything will be worked out over in the Israeli-Palestinian conflicts too! What's next? That fifth dentist will cave and they'll ALL be recommending Trident?

Old 12-11-2002, 06:31 PM   #33
gfjamp888
You guys are killing me here! Mr. Block, Shaun paid $125 exactly what I was asking of Brandon, I have had no clue who Shaun is until this. What are you talking about guy. Brandon never called back. Plain and simple. He never offered to send a money order. He did offer to Paypal I refused it, I said I would take cash when we met up instead. We spoke on the phone once. I called him back and to this day he has not called me back. Come on people, this is getting silly. It was one female brooksi not a pair. I never heard from him. The "facts" that you guys are spouting is just not true.

Quote:
Here's where I see things. Gary is just not a man of his word. It's that plain! Gary, don't take offence as you make up the largest % of the population.
Come on now guy what are you trying to prove. That is a pretty bold statement. I can't figure out if you people are just having fun at someone elses expense or you are serious. I don't know if I should even keep replying to this seeing that you guys are going to say and think whatever.

Gary Johnston

Old 12-11-2002, 07:00 PM   #34
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Your one to talk there Mr Block the nozels took almost 4 weeks to show up.
Quote:
My word is my bond;
HAAAAAAAAAAA thats the funniest thing I heard all day didnt, I get your word that my nozels would be shipped within 5 buisness days and it took what almost a month and well over a dozen emails to get them here??? Your not one at all to talk!

Old 12-11-2002, 07:07 PM   #35
Brandon Byers
I didn't mean for it to come to this. I don't think Gary meant bad he just didn't use the best judgement. One thing I do want to clear up.....If you think back hard Gary, when you told me you had Thanksgiving things to do I told you to get back with me next week. With it being the weekend after Thanksgiving I figured a lot of people, possibly you too, would be doing family things and such. One person in a previous post stated it was a lame excuse to not get his call to my cell phone because most people keep them on their belt. I'm sorry, but when I'm visiting family from out of town I don't care anything about toting a cell phone. Another thing I would like to say and then hopefully this will all die down.....Shawn mentions something about people using this as a weopon to talk bad about people or some nonsense. In my opinion the most inappropriate words on here come from him reffering to Darrin as a Senior Hillbilly in such a derogative way. Also Gary, did Shawn put cash in your hand? I did offer to pay for the snake in whatever manner you wished. Anyway, like was said before, no one got ripped off and there is nothing that can be done about it now. I began this thread because I do not do business this way and wanted to make sure I was in the majority. Sure, I've heard the 'ole check is in the mail thing time, time, and time again and it gets old. This was not the case in this situation though. I offered to pay and made clear I was willing to pay and wanted the snake. We even talked about projects we had going on and I don't see how you could have doubted my seriousness about wanting the snake. I didn't bring this hear to slander or flame you. I put your name in it so you could add your side of the story. Without boths sides what good is what I have to say? Anyway, I'm over it and moving on. Best of luck to you.
Brandon Byers

Old 12-11-2002, 07:29 PM   #36
gfjamp888
Brandon well it has come to this you did not use good judgement when you didn't keep your cell phone on you that weekend when I said I would call(you could have called me, you could have emailed me). You could have at least let me know that you were busy and now was not a good time. My mistake was I should have called you AGAIN just to make sure on Sunday but you didn't have your phone on you anyway so? Just as Darrin was called a "Hilbily" I should not be called a "Flake" or "not a man of my word" or a "shady person" or whatever I was called. No big deal I'm a big boy. I don't really believe your justification for bringing my name on here. You could have called me and said "Wait a second I thought we had a deal!"When we ended the conversation we agreed we would get together or at least speak over the weekend. Back at yah Brandon think about the conversation we had. If you really wanted to know how I felt about this and would like me to know how you felt, you could have called all last week.
Thanks,
Gary Johnston

Old 12-11-2002, 07:33 PM   #37
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
okay fellas...

Let's simmer down and just let it go, okay?

Miscommunication, noone got hurt, let's just chalk it up to experience on both sides and keep it as friendly as possible.
Personally, I'm gonna go have a couple beers and relax for the evening, hope you guys do the same.

Cheers!

Old 12-11-2002, 08:10 PM   #38
Brandon Byers
You seem a little hostile there Gary. Maybe you should take Mr. Hill's advice. I didn't run your name thru the mud I merely opened up the forum for others opinions on the matter. There was more than one way for you to communicate with me. Why did you e-mail Shaun several times while waiting to here from me yet not one time e-mail me. I felt you did me wrong and wanted to know if that was unreasonable thinking. The truth lies in the BOI. The people who reply are unbiased and I got assurance from this thread that I was not being unreasonable. I have not been hostile in this matter and I don't think of you as a flake or any of that. As I stated before, you are probably a good guy. This forum was created to inquire the opinions of others and that is all I did. No hard feelings. I don't think anyone has said you are a crook or a con or anything like that. Then I could see your hostility. I don't think anyone will not consider buying from you due to this thread.

Brandon Byers

Old 12-11-2002, 08:14 PM   #39
WebSlave
No Shaun. This is not a weapon. It's a tool, just like a hammer. How that tool is used defines what it is by the person using it. It can be used to build something useful, or it can be used to bash someone's head in. The choice is up to the wielder of the tool.

As such, I think the best thing that can happen from here on out is for Gary and Brandon to get on the phone and talk to each other privately about this. It is serving no purpose to have everything repeated and rehashed here. Although I believe there are no bad guys involved with this, there is certainly the danger that one or both will escalate this to the point where that will change.

As such, I am recommending that the two parties in this issue deal with it privately.

This thread is now closed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread