2 Male Bearded Dragons + Cage and Accessories For SALE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Bearded Dragons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
harmonysmom
2 Male Bearded Dragons + Cage and Accessories For SALE

I have 2 male bearded dragons, Tobias 2 years old, and Bones who is almost a year old. They are housed together and get along great! (Images below)

I've hit a bit of hard times and can't afford to keep them any longer. :cries:

The tank, when I had bought it, was advertised as a 100 gallon, but to me it seems a bit small. The top is mesh screen and slides off, also has a spot if you want to lock it.

Comes with the basking light, UVB/A light, multi-plug with timer to keep the lights on schedule, side/under tank heating pad, 2 big chunks of wood, a couple small rocks, feeding dish, a hollowed out log the little one likes to hide under, nail trimmers, 1 leash/harness, background, and 3 ceramic tiles that take up 3/4 of the bottom inside of the cage. They even have their own teddy bear and blanket they like to curl up with sometimes (I have a 4 year old and it was her idea)

Pick up only, address will be given when inquired about! $170 for all!

Email me at littlehorse80@hotmail.com with the subject Bearded Dragons I will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Contact User Check User
Old 06-12-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
sizzlindragons

Old 06-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
harmonysmom
*pouts* I know, I love those two....but, I'd rather see them go to a good home than not be able to support them.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
DragonKeeper86
You keep 2 male dragons, one of which is MUCH smaller than the other together?? Hmm... not such a great idea. Tell whoever buys them to separate them. If they know what they are doing, they will already know that, but you never know. They do not need, nor want tankmates, and it WILL end badly for one of them... most likely the smaller one. Im sure you will get other responses similar to this, but please separate them immediately if you can.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
spyder79
not to mention that the cage is utterly filthy

Old 06-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
DragonKeeper86
I only looked at the first few pictures at first... thats disgusting. You love your dragons huh? Obviously not enough to even keep them in hospitable conditions. Hopefully someone rescues these animals soon. Just a tip... if your going to post an ad to sell your dragons, you would probably have better luck posting pictures that at least make it LOOK like you keep them in proper living conditions. It may just be simple ignorance about reptiles, but if you knew anything about them you would know that their enclosure is completely unsanitary and just plain disgusting. Doesn't that smell? When is the last time you cleaned the enclosure? Not just picking out feces, but actually taking everything out, sanitizing both the tank and the decorations. When is the last time you took them to a vet to check for parasites? I would highly recommend the buyer to do so. Sorry for the bashing... but I mean come on, this is a website full of reptile enthusiasts... how could you think that would not go unnoticed?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
DragonKeeper86
Oh... and that is definitely not a 100 gallon... although I can't tell what size it is exactly from the angle. What are the dimensions? That is the easiest way to advertise it.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
harmonysmom
The cage was a mess because I hadn't cleaned it yet, also, it's a bit of an old picture (I didn't even have little one yet). When I get my camera back, I will post a newer, better, picture.

And, both were raised in tanks with others, is the only reason I kept them housed together. I know that in most situations, it can end up badly, but I've done nothing but keep close eyes on everything and they do just fine together. I was leerie at first myself and had money stashed just in case to get a new cage, but, again, they did, and are doing, very well together.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-13-2009, 12:54 AM   #9
harmonysmom
As far as dimensions....those are 36" length x about 17" height x 17-18" depth...if that helps.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #10
DragonKeeper86
Well, a 40 gallon breeder is 36"x18"x18" (or maybe 16 tall... I can't remember). So you keep one adult, and one pretty much adult in a 40 gallon tank? hmm... thats not good. A 40 gallon breeder is the absolute MINIMUM size for ONE adult beardie... and definitely not 2 adults. Im really surprised they haven't fought yet to be honest. If it hasn't happened yet, it will probably happen soon as the smaller one matures. You can ask any breeder or keeper of beardies and every single one of them will tell that keeping 2 adult males together (ESPECIALLY in such close quarters) is not only a horrible idea, but just plain irresponsible. You can't be there watching over them all the time, and it only take a split second for one to lose an appendage or worse. The smaller one looks VERY small as well... it is probably afraid to eat. Many people mistake dominance for friendship amongst bearded dragons, which seams to be the case here. Good luck I guess... hope you can get them to a more knowledgeable keeper. I would also recommend doing a bit more research before purchasing another animal in the future, especially if your planning on housing 2 of them together. Take care.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread