Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #211
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T
So if i don't agree with you I'm swine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat73
Come on now. You're smarter than that Bill, you show it on here all the time. He's talking about those that have adopted the "if you say it enough, even if it's false, people will believe it" tactic. There's a big difference between differing opinions and being thick. In genuine differing opinions, the comments change. That isn't happening here(aside from the attempts at revising the facts that have been presented).
^^ What he said. My comment was in regards to the small minority that have seemingly come to their conclusions by nothing more than knee-jerk reactions and a lack of effort in trying to analyze the whole situation. I haven't seen any reason to even consider lumping you into that catagory.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #212
Snakemanbonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Brandon and Thomas cannot even agree on how quickly the snake died.
So getting The snake at 10pm on May 6 count as a 24 hour day huh? The snake died point blank on May 17th. The snake was taking to the VET the same night. 8 or 10 days a healthy snake just don't die like that flat out.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #213
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakemanbonk View Post
a healthy snake just don't die like that flat out.
It didn't "just die". Your shoddy practices are to blame.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #214
Discojaguar
are we in Oz? It seems like all we're missing from the repeating statements is a pair of ruby slippers and someone to click their heels.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #215
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakemanbonk View Post
So getting The snake at 10pm on May 6 count as a 24 hour day huh? The snake died point blank on May 17th. The snake was taking to the VET the same night. 8 or 10 days a healthy snake just don't die like that flat out.
Your little "typos" are all building up into a big part of why everything you say is being heavily scrutinized. Here are a few, off the top of my head:

-on FaceBook, you portrayed a 1 year old snake as an adult.
-also on FB, you claimed the snake was shipped after eating
-the length of time the BP was in your possession varies from 8-10 days
-you claimed Tom was only involved to the extent that he contributed a snake and knew a good vet

In light of everything you've stated that's been shown to be false, some of us are probably wondering if 2 females doesn't really mean all 5, and if curling up in a corner doesn't actually mean actively mating. It's all about credibility, and you've shown precious little. All of which is moot, considering the extremely high likelihood that it was your own actions (well, those of your partner) that are responsible for the snake's death. The various... inconsistencies are just the icing on the cake.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #216
shelliebear
Dear God! I am no snake expert but I have a nurse in my family, and I've talked extensively about the possibility of myself having a stress ulcer.
It's akin to trauma. The type of trauma varies. It's not always something a person CAN SEE and it's not always something that will show up on its own.
In people you can develop stress ulcers JUST FROM shock or trauma itself. In rats and guinea pigs, numerous studies which I can produce for you now (via internet page) show that STRESS ULCERS ARE MEDIATED BY THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. PHYSICAL STRESSORS AND MENTAL STRESSORS can cause ulcers to appear--anything that induces such a strong physical or mental response that the animal PANICS for long periods of time.
Your snake was shipped, and regardless of how long it takes, your snake was FRIGHTENED. You then took the snake and PUT IT IN WITH 2 FEMALES. Of course he didn't lock--did you really think after ALL THAT STRESS he would continue to breed? The fact that he didn't lock should have alerted you to the fact that he was NOT happy, especially when the breeder told you he HAD been breeding. You should have known to quarantine him anyway!
YES, if stress is severe enough, I find it 100% possible that a snake could develop an ulcer and DIE OF RESULTING COMPLICATIONS--not the ulcer itself, get that through your head!--withing 9 days. STRESS OF ANY KIND OPENS THE BODY UP TO NUMEROUS INFECTIONS.
What you should now look at is problems on YOUR END. The snake did not die in Xavier's care--it was YOURS. Scrutinize YOUR snakes first. Could one of your snakes or your feeders be carrying salmonella? Tons do. But you need to take that into account NEXT TIME YOU GET AN ANIMAL SO IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. Take your snakes to the vet and see if they can test for the salmonella. You NEED TO KNOW if your snakes are carriers because should you make the less than safe decision to not quarantine a snake again, you need to know THAT AT LEAST YOUR SNAKES CARRY SOMETHING CAPABLE OF INFECTING AND, UNDER THE RIGHT CONDITIONS, CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEATH OF ANOTHER SNAKE.
Xavier owes you NOTHING until a vet can prove it. And the fact is, the snake did not die with Xavier, it died when it was in YOUR care because you did not give the poor thing a chance to regroup.
Just for fun, imagine somebody 5 times bigger than you picks you up. They throw you in a bag, into a dark box. The smells around you change. You hear loud sounds. You can't see. You are being jostled around and have NO IDEA WHY. Eventually you are pulled out of the box into blinding sunlight, and not only are you in a NEW AREA and feel unsafe and confused, but you are thrown into a small container WITH ANOTHER ONE OF YOU. You don't know why they're there. You are scared.
THAT IS YOUR SNAKE! If ANYBODY deserves something back it would have been this poor snake, and he's DEAD.
Let's even humor you for a minute. Let's say the snake had an underlying condition. PLENTY OF CONDITIONS LIE DORMANT UNTIL THEY ARE REAWAKENED DUE TO STRESS. Look at the herpes virus in people. After the initial outbreak it remains dormant for up to many years, and upon stress of any kind, physical or mental, the chances of a recurrent outbreak happening increase DRAMATICALLY.
So, it would still have been YOUR FAULT for stressing the snake out to the point that its health declined, and the illness was able to TAKE HOLD OF IT.
You are responsible. And quite frankly, unless a vet says otherwise, and I doubt they will, I would ABSOLUTELY purchase from Xavier in the future. 100%, you bet on that.
IT HURTS. IT'S SO SAD. BUT PLEASE, LEARN FROM THIS AND NEXT TIME QUARANTINE!!!!
DON'T CAUSE ANY MORE SNAKES TO DIE!

Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #217
Xavier
Brandon,

We did the exchange on the 6th of April the photos of the dead snake per imagine meta data "2012:04:17 22:10:58". So thats a full 11 Days later not sure where 8 or 9 days later came from. I can understand 10 days if the snake may have died the previous night.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #218
bloodybaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Your little "typos" are all building up into a big part of why everything you say is being heavily scrutinized. Here are a few, off the top of my head:

-on FaceBook, you portrayed a 1 year old snake as an adult.
-also on FB, you claimed the snake was shipped after eating
-the length of time the BP was in your possession varies from 8-10 days
-you claimed Tom was only involved to the extent that he contributed a snake and knew a good vet

In light of everything you've stated that's been shown to be false, some of us are probably wondering if 2 females doesn't really mean all 5, and if curling up in a corner doesn't actually mean actively mating. It's all about credibility, and you've shown precious little. All of which is moot, considering the extremely high likelihood that it was your own actions (well, those of your partner) that are responsible for the snake's death. The various... inconsistencies are just the icing on the cake.
Amen brother!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #219
womsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
Dear God! I am no snake expert but I have a nurse in my family, and I've talked extensively about the possibility of myself having a stress ulcer.
It's akin to trauma. The type of trauma varies. It's not always something a person CAN SEE and it's not always something that will show up on its own.
In people you can develop stress ulcers JUST FROM shock or trauma itself. In rats and guinea pigs, numerous studies which I can produce for you now (via internet page) show that STRESS ULCERS ARE MEDIATED BY THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. PHYSICAL STRESSORS AND MENTAL STRESSORS can cause ulcers to appear--anything that induces such a strong physical or mental response that the animal PANICS for long periods of time.
Your snake was shipped, and regardless of how long it takes, your snake was FRIGHTENED. You then took the snake and PUT IT IN WITH 2 FEMALES. Of course he didn't lock--did you really think after ALL THAT STRESS he would continue to breed? The fact that he didn't lock should have alerted you to the fact that he was NOT happy, especially when the breeder told you he HAD been breeding. You should have known to quarantine him anyway!
YES, if stress is severe enough, I find it 100% possible that a snake could develop an ulcer and DIE OF RESULTING COMPLICATIONS--not the ulcer itself, get that through your head!--withing 9 days. STRESS OF ANY KIND OPENS THE BODY UP TO NUMEROUS INFECTIONS.
What you should now look at is problems on YOUR END. The snake did not die in Xavier's care--it was YOURS. Scrutinize YOUR snakes first. Could one of your snakes or your feeders be carrying salmonella? Tons do. But you need to take that into account NEXT TIME YOU GET AN ANIMAL SO IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. Take your snakes to the vet and see if they can test for the salmonella. You NEED TO KNOW if your snakes are carriers because should you make the less than safe decision to not quarantine a snake again, you need to know THAT AT LEAST YOUR SNAKES CARRY SOMETHING CAPABLE OF INFECTING AND, UNDER THE RIGHT CONDITIONS, CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEATH OF ANOTHER SNAKE.
Xavier owes you NOTHING until a vet can prove it. And the fact is, the snake did not die with Xavier, it died when it was in YOUR care because you did not give the poor thing a chance to regroup.
Just for fun, imagine somebody 5 times bigger than you picks you up. They throw you in a bag, into a dark box. The smells around you change. You hear loud sounds. You can't see. You are being jostled around and have NO IDEA WHY. Eventually you are pulled out of the box into blinding sunlight, and not only are you in a NEW AREA and feel unsafe and confused, but you are thrown into a small container WITH ANOTHER ONE OF YOU. You don't know why they're there. You are scared.
THAT IS YOUR SNAKE! If ANYBODY deserves something back it would have been this poor snake, and he's DEAD.
Let's even humor you for a minute. Let's say the snake had an underlying condition. PLENTY OF CONDITIONS LIE DORMANT UNTIL THEY ARE REAWAKENED DUE TO STRESS. Look at the herpes virus in people. After the initial outbreak it remains dormant for up to many years, and upon stress of any kind, physical or mental, the chances of a recurrent outbreak happening increase DRAMATICALLY.
So, it would still have been YOUR FAULT for stressing the snake out to the point that its health declined, and the illness was able to TAKE HOLD OF IT.
You are responsible. And quite frankly, unless a vet says otherwise, and I doubt they will, I would ABSOLUTELY purchase from Xavier in the future. 100%, you bet on that.
IT HURTS. IT'S SO SAD. BUT PLEASE, LEARN FROM THIS AND NEXT TIME QUARANTINE!!!!
DON'T CAUSE ANY MORE SNAKES TO DIE!
You are 100% incorrect. I'm glad you "mommy" or your "aunt" is a nurse - but I quite sure they know ZERO about ball pythons. This snake didn't develop and die in 9 days from ulcers or an infection allowed my new caused ulcers in 9 days. Thats all their is to it. THEIR METABOLISM IS TOO SLOW.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #220
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by womsterr View Post
This snake didn't develop and die in 9 days from ulcers or an infection allowed my new caused ulcers in 9 days.
Post your source of facts proving your position. There is more than enough data in this thread to suggest it most likely did happen, yet you "say" it's impossible. Prove it with data or stop trolling.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!