Known scammers list. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
reptichic911
Thumbs down Known scammers list.

With all the con artist out there buying, selling and trading I think it would be a great idea to make a big list with these peoples real names, addresses and alias's.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:31 PM   #2
Sasheena
The BOI IS a big Scammers List.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
reptichic911
True in a sense but many people do inquiries others have good guy post and then you have all the bad guy post. Why not have a big list of all the bad guys and wrap them together so they don't feel all alone...lol

Old 04-21-2004, 11:05 PM   #4
ScottsReptiles
Why have two seperate lists? The BOI is a list of known scammers... and known good guys...

Here is a good rule to live by... anyone know what it means?
K.I.S.S

Old 04-21-2004, 11:09 PM   #5
Sasheena
Problem is that some bad guys (some!) go good, and some good guys (too many) go bad. It needs to be a living workable document. There are a number of lists within the BOI that include a bunch of "bad guys" In the end the lists get buried, but the individual threads go on. Also, I might put some people in MY bad guy list that others would not agree with.... so do we eventually have a list with a LOT of discussion? A straightforward list would easily be cluttered up with all the side issues of debate about this or that bad or good guy, until suddenly it wouldn't be a straightforward list anymore.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I'm sure there are a number of people here who have made their own bad guy and good guy lists off this site....:) I would too, but I have a mostly photographic memory, and when it doesn't take good photos, I have a good ability to use the BOI search engine. :)

Old 04-21-2004, 11:58 PM   #6
WebSlave
I have to agree with the majority here.

I don't want to see any sort of BLACKLIST here. Each individual should be evaluated on their own merits and not lumped together with other people who may or may not be similar in the way they do business. One obvious problem with this sort of list is that there may be discussions about people on this list, and then (as indicated above) we will have a mini-BOI within the BOI right within this thread.

Not a good idea, in my opinion.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:08 AM   #7
j tyler
With all of the information that is available it should only take you between 15 and 30 minutes to find out if who is a reputable individual in herp bussiness. If you are a new collector start off buying from someone with an air tight reputation or inspect the animal you plan to buy in person. James Tyler

Old 04-22-2004, 10:56 AM   #8
Tom Chambers
KEEP-IT-SIMPLE-STUPID!

or SAM if you are easily offended.

OK Scott....what's my prize? LOL

TC

Old 04-22-2004, 10:56 AM   #9
Double "D" Reptiles
keeping our own list

At the beginning of April, I began keeping a list right on my own system so that I could update it as needed. I set it up as a fairly simple data base listing the individual's name, known screennames, location, reason for being on my personal list and the date they were placed there. This way I could access it and update it as needed.

I woud suggest that everyone set up something like this and follow the BOI and other resources (if available) to stay up on these things. This way, the only person you have to justify your list and thinking to is yourself.

David

Old 04-22-2004, 11:11 AM   #10
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Chambers
KEEP-IT-SIMPLE-STUPID!

or SAM if you are easily offended.

OK Scott....what's my prize? LOL

TC
DingDingDing.. we have a winner..

now.. your prize..hmmm... I will have to get back to you on that one!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!