Any input on some incubators? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
Dbz4246
Any input on some incubators?

I am looking to upgrade my incubator, but I can't really find many larger incubators online, the 3 that I have found are from Boamaster, Hot Box Incubators and APcages. So far the Boamaster is winning with the most bang for your buck, but are there any others that are about that size? Average sizes among these are 48X24X24. Right now I have a Reptibator, but that isn't gonna cut it anymore after this year.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #2
snakesareawesome
Not sure, everyone I know builds their own. It's so easy to do, not much point in buying one.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
snowgyre
I know a lot of folks who build their own out of big coolers. The coolers work really well, especially since they tend to be much more insulated than most retail incubators.

I personally use a Nature's Spirit incubator and it works great. It is about the dimensions you want and can comfortably fit 6 shoeboxes of eggs. I only have two complaints with it. First, two interior screws weren't stainless steel, and they've begun to rust on me. The rest of the hardware was stainless steel though, so I'm not sure if these screws were placed by accident or not. Secondly, the incubator struggles if the ambient temperature is ~60F. I used to live in North Dakota and it got bloody cold even with the heat on (-20F was a typical winter day). I fixed the problem by wrapping the incubator with fiberglass insulation from the boxes RodentPro sent me for frozen rodents. No problems after that.

I do recommend spending an extra $150 and getting a battery backup. The battery lasts about 30 minutes, which is enough time to do any emergency steps if the power doesn't come back on right away. It's saved me two clutches already.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:59 AM   #4
Dbz4246
Thank yall for the input! It's been a while since I posted thes, and in the mean time I did get ahold of an incubator. It's an Avey incubator from Precision Incubators. Does anyone have any input on those? The one I have seemed to work well and keeps temps, but I haven't actually put eggs in there just yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!