Info Lee Abbott disappointed/problems with transaction - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #1
Ravennessa
Lee Abbott disappointed/problems with transaction

I am not going out to say that he is a bad guy, so not doing a bad guy prefix. Since I started doing my research after getting the run around by the Abbotts or his wife who has been my main contact point I have heard a lot more bad than I ever did before. If those people will step up they can do that here, but I also know what good reputation he has (thus I had no qualms about buying snakes from him), but I am very disappointed and very surprised over what has happened. I am still wondering in the back of my head if something huge life changing has happened over there as they have dropped the ball tremendously in this case, if that has happened I will apologize ahead of time for this thread. But with the lack of communication that has been and what has transpired which you can read yourself I also think you will understand my frustration. Becky Abbot was warned that if I did not get my payment back in 24 hours, and I later change it to 48 that this thread would go up. I also will send a message to her the instance I am posting this reporting to her about the thread.

So in January a friend of theirs Michael Shiver, posted a bunch of snakes for Lee. I saw an orchid I wanted, so I contacted Mr shiver. But there was a couple of more, so I wanted to know what prices for all would be plus shipping. I was ready to pay and everything, just waiting for final amount. When Michael came back to me, the Orchid had been sold. Michael took fault in that he hadn't communicated fast enough to them or they didn't fully get the message. I was disappointed but ok.. I ended up buying three other snakes from Lee, two females and one male. Two was tessera het quads, and one was a dilute anery. I paid for all three plus shipping.

One day I get a message from Michael, that they had sold one of my tesseras.. AFTER I have paid for it. Now I am annoyed, and I was thinking of backing out then, but I have others that I could mix and match with. And Michael had been a doll teaching me about various morphs etc and he vouched for Lee (he still is but he understands me). So I let it slide. Mind you while this is going on we are waiting for a shipping window as well (it was cold and it will take time to get a shipping window).

The money that was going to one of the tesseras I used to buy a beautiful stripe amel het lavender from Michael, that animal arrived as arranged and is PRISTINE. Very satisfied with that transaction.

With abbotts however frustration is increasing, I am sending messages, no answers despite I see it all. Michael give me Becky's cell, but I don't want to use it as now i am getting uneasy, so I keep it via facebook so I can log it purposely for this.

I posted on a facebook group asking them for advice and I showed the conversation, they all say I am a bit too nice, but due to his reputation I am hoping that this is just one of those situations where (I posted the convos but blackened out any names/etc out of respect for seller in case that there is something else going on, or did), tonight I am posting the unaltered ones.

I have not opened a dispute with Paypal yet as abbotts don't have a paypal, so I paid via michaels paypal. Becky offered to mail me money, but I have to admit I am NOT comfortable with that. Then they said the 20th, but due to all the run around I have been given I felt I should be able to have my money back now. They can easily put it into Michaels bank account and he can send it to me. Thus why I did extend from 24 to 48 hours.

Also, I am aware of that some people will not like me for this post that are his friends, sorry in advance as well. However if I had been kept in the loop with communication I would have remained patient. But when she tells me she wasn't on facebook even after i saw that she saw what I sent (ie she lied to me, that was when I truly lost it).

So without further blabber, here are my print screens from all my communications with Becky and me, or lack thereof maybe I should say.

ALSO MICHAEL HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT HELPFUL THIS IS NOT AIMED AT HIM IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!

Also I paid on the 13th and 15th of January.

This is the money sent, the additional 60 was for shipping of Michaels snake when I bought that one instead of the one they sold that I had paid for.

And here is the proof that she saw what I sent, this was the message she was trying to say that she wasn't on facebook..

Old 03-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #2
snakesareawesome
I'm surprised they did not find an appropriate shipping window in all this time, tho I do not known their location. It was in the 60s and 70s a few days even up here in the Northeast. I have received numerous packages all throughout this winter season without issue.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
shed'n my skin
I'd be upset too if I paid for a specific morph of corn snake and it was then sold to someone else. This is probably the nicest most politely worded inquiry I have ever seen on this BOI.
I can see it would be difficult to work through a third party to sell and this sounds as though there was some communication between them that fell through or didn't happen.
I would not ship a snake on a Friday nor on a full stomach, though, nor would most people as you risk a delay over the weekend and a regurge.
I feel there must be a good explanation and hope this can be resolved quicly and amicably.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #4
JButera
Hey Evee, you get this settled yet?

Old 03-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #5
Ravennessa
I am reattaching the pictures, because I had attached them wrongly.

I also have an update that I will post after I again post the original ones.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #6
Ravennessa
Here is part 2, they can only be uploaded in 4:s, sorry about that.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #7
Ravennessa
And here is the last one plus that she had seen my message.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #8
Ravennessa
So I discovered that I am not the only one who has had issues getting in touch with them. Their friend of whom I did deal with has sent back the first $100 and the rest is promised by the 20th. They probably had intentions all along, I am going to put faith in that. However once you get burnt/let down it is hard to find trust. I hope whatever they are going trough is over soon so they can bring their business back up to the gold standard it once was.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #9
nickolasanastasiou
Thank you for attaching the images.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:46 PM   #10
Ravennessa
You are welcome! I totally missed that part when I put the thread together. Sorry about that, did not intend to break any regulations.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!