1 or 2? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2006, 05:02 AM   #1
techgirl
1 or 2?

i have a friend going to the hamburg show on saturday and he will be picking me up a bearded dragon. i have a 55 gallon tank where my bp is currently living and plan on switching him to a 40 gallon when the beardie gets bigger and needs to upgrade. my question is should i only get one or is it possible to get 2? i am planning on getting a 40 gallon tank later today so i would appreciate an answer soon. if i should only get one then what i plan to do is get a 20L and when the time comes to upgrade is to move the bp into the 30 breeder tank i have my leos in and move the leos into the 20L(2 females). thanks so much for the info

Old 02-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #2
hhmoore
Wow, that's alot of tank switching!
Part of the beauty of all this is that you can get as many as you want...as long as you are willing/able to care for them. While I have had only cursory dealings with beardies over the years, I don't feel that any of the above tank sizes are really suitable for an adult b.dragon. The 55 will work, especially if you utilize the height, but I prefer to have a wider enclosure.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
prodigy9618
Hi, I would not waste the time and money on contiously upgrading cages. Find one that is big enough and you can just block off how much you need and move back the barrier as the dragon grows. 4x2 floor area is what I use. If you want to get more then 1 your better off getting females and making sure they are close to the same size(this will lessen the possibility of 1 dominating the other). You can divide the enclosure in half until they around 4 months and then let them have all the space. 3x2 would be fine if you only get 1.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!