Hay all my name is Vinny i have studied herpetology for almost 15 years mostly snakes - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #11
Vinny D
thanks for your post yes i am younge but even the curator of reptiles brint S. says with my knowelde i am a herpetologist with out a degree which i will have 1 in the future my about my mom she never wanted them in the house in the first place yes a made a couple of mistakes but with 14 years of venomous experience 2 bits isnt all that bad i just made 2 stupid decisions and i have learned from my lessons and i still work with hots i just love them you just half to have respect for the animals which in those 2 cases i didnt thanks for your reply

Old 02-23-2006, 03:11 PM   #12
Laura Fopiano
Welcome to Fauna Vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzmalDan420
Hey Vinnie. I see you found the area I was telling you about. Let the games begin
Intersting post Dan, care to elaborate on that comment?? Most of us don't like to play games........fauna is a fine place to hang out, share experiences, and get to know other herper's who share common interests....but games.......wrong place, wrong group.....

Old 02-23-2006, 03:21 PM   #13
Vinny D
dan is a goos friend of mine he was just saying let the games begin cuz of what i wrote because ppl can b crule here it didnt mean it in a bad way really and do u have a screen name so we can chat i would like to get to know you beter but he didnt mean anything bad at all by that post

Old 02-23-2006, 04:00 PM   #14
Fangthane
Well laura, no offense intended, but you more or less just illustrated the point I was making to him. There are people on here just aching to be offended or given some reason to jump on some fresh meat. As Lucille pointed out " I can see you will bring many discussions our way!!!" I think she was right on with that statement and my post was a subtle acknowledgment of my agreement with it.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:26 PM   #15
Vinny D
I totally agree with DizzmalDan420 and im sure many other will too

Old 02-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #16
Fangthane
Well I wouldn't count on anyone overtly agreeing with me..but either way I think my point is valid so you should just keep it in mind. You were asking how to post pics..It's pretty simple. Just click on the button that says "Manage Attachments" in the Additional Options section. From there a small screen will pop up and then you just have to browse for the pic you want posted and click on it when you find it. Then click Upload. Here's one I took with my cell phone the other night when I was bored.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #17
crotalusadamanteus
Well, welcome aboard. Curious what other ssp of hots you have worked with. I have been cold for 10 yrs, but I kept all ssp of western crotalids, and one c.h.a. for around 15 yrs.

And Dan, you really need to get a better mind reading pill, cuz I really don't see anything at all like you seem to have read into those posts.
For one, lucille is too nice of a person to display any malice here. I don't think she has it in Her.
Two........ why would you set up a new member to expect the worst from this place? Is this how you view fauna? And Laura asking about your comment seemed like it was valid to Me. The truth is We are trying to get rid of trouble makers, and your comment seems to display more mal-intent than her question did. And you can't say I am one of those members you describe above either. It's not often I jump in the pan.

Ric

Old 02-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #18
Fangthane
If you have faults with my mind reading pill rest assured that I think even less of yours. I was AGREEING with lucille so I find it hard to put any mal-intent in my words when there was none there to begin with. This is looking more and more like yet another case of the clique mentality that runs rampant on here. I don't see how I set up a member to get anything. I have no control over how you people choose to respond to him. I've been cordial and am being attacked for my opinions..maybe the attackers are the problem and not the average joe that comes on here and rarely posts because of them. You're really just proving me right. I have no problem with fauna and find it useful from time to time.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
If you have faults with my mind reading pill rest assured that I think even less of yours. I was AGREEING with lucille so I find it hard to put any mal-intent in my words when there was none there to begin with. This is looking more and more like yet another case of the clique mentality that runs rampant on here. I don't see how I set up a member to get anything. I have no control over how you people choose to respond to him. I've been cordial and am being attacked for my opinions..maybe the attackers are the problem and not the average joe that comes on here and rarely posts because of them. You're really just proving me right. I have no problem with fauna and find it useful from time to time.

Sounds to me that you just have a bit of a chip on your shoulder. I suggest that you just take the chip off and try not to set the stage for a self fullfilling prophecy. When I read this thread and saw you post about "games" in my opinion you were setting the tone for how you wanted this thread to go. Personally it was uncalled for and I think some people rightly are reading between the lines.

But in any event, walk carefully please. I have become very hard lined about the rules here now, so overt antagonism and generally rude behavior will be dealt with rather efficiently. Doesn't matter who you are or how often you have posted here. You will reap what you sow.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:29 PM   #20
crotalusadamanteus
Wait a minute. I am a loner. Always have been. I don't have a clique. OK?

Now let me re-read this.......
Quote:
Hey Vinnie. I see you found the area I was telling you about. Let the games begin
Your first comment. To Me, it sounds a little instagatory. But maybe I am wrong.

Quote:
Well laura, no offense intended, but you more or less just illustrated the point I was making to him. There are people on here just aching to be offended or given some reason to jump on some fresh meat. As Lucille pointed out " I can see you will bring many discussions our way!!!" I think she was right on with that statement and my post was a subtle acknowledgment of my agreement with it
You explained what you meant right here (bolded). I can read fine sometimes. I see that as setting him up to expect the worst from this site, and I am sure many others would agree. It also makes your first comment seem even more instigatory.
And I am failing to see the connection to your comment about lucilles comment with your answer. You said it was a subtle agreement with it. The question was what you meant buy let the games begin. It seems more like an example of what you meant. But perhaps I am a little slow. That happens sometimes.

The point is that it "seems" to be with mal-intent that you posted at all. What was wrong with a "welcome aboard" with out the additive?

Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!