Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 34 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #331
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
There have been a couple of references to Ty being in 'business' prior to his lizard enterprise. Any info on what kind of business that may have been?
I thought he had made his "millions" through real estate?
Prior to his "need" to become a conservationist
Oh and "the largest breeder in the world"

Old 12-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #332
TheLittleHeathen
I'm seeing a Ty Park in Hollywood, Florida for real estate, but I want to make sure that it's really him before I say yay or nay to the validity of that. (I'm abusing Bing and Google more than I should, but it's for good reason.)

Old 12-30-2016, 06:19 PM   #333
MikeCurtin
A few things are clear.

Both Ty and the IRCF have done incredible things for reptile conservation and the reptile community.

Ty Park announced the terms and conditions of the raffle, stating (or at very least, strongly implying) that the prize would be his personally produced animal, or his personal cash. Following the raffle, he attempted to change the aforementioned terms, and then refused any prize at all. By his word, he's on the hook.

The IRCF knowingly held a raffle with Ty, receiving funds directly from participants, leaving them (the IRCF) legally on the hook for awarding the prize, it would appear. However, despite the opportunity to facilitate some sort of resolution, they refused to "get involved" between Ty and Michelle.

Here's where I'm conflicted:

I messaged back and forth with Ty about a week or so ago, as I'm interested in getting into some iguanas. He was helpful and courteous, and after chatting, I was set to do business with him come spring. I am now thinking twice. What if something....anything goes wrong?

Ty does not need the money, while I'm pretty sure the IRCF does. It's pretty common practice for members of the hobby that engage in the type of behavior that he has to be placed on the "do not buy" list.

Ideally, Ty and the IRCF could put conservation efforts first by making Michelle whole and awarding her the prize that she fairly won. If they do not, what is the industry recourse in preventing this from happening to someone else, without sacrificing conservation efforts? Simply put.....where does this leave IRCF?

Old 12-30-2016, 06:28 PM   #334
TheLittleHeathen
You bring up valid points Michael. Ty DOES come across as an incredibly polite and charming fellow. I won't argue that he and IRCF do great work with reptiles, however, like you I would most definitely think twice before doing business with him.

In the case of IRCF, hypothetically speaking, if they were to do the right thing and take care of Michelle by fulfilling that which was promised to her, I feel that the stain of their involvement in this is going to stay with them for some time.

As Lucille pointed out, the BOI has a way of bringing either making or breaking your reputation in the hobby. Maybe not today or tomorrow or anytime soon, but sooner or later what happened here recently will catch up to both Ty and IRCF.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:58 PM   #335
GinoInDaBronx
I do not know much about Florida law, but I am wondering-to which extent-a charity is held accountable to where it's donations come from... Michelle was ripped-off. Her $ went to this charity.They knowit and took the money. It seems very duplicitous to me.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:58 PM   #336
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleHeathen View Post
Maybe not today or tomorrow or anytime soon
I have no doubt that the IRCF is reading this thread, and they have not reached out to help Michelle.
Tomorrow I start sending more links out.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #337
TheLittleHeathen
In that case it's just a matter of time. It's in their best interest to get in touch with Michelle, but you know the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:09 PM   #338
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post

Here's where I'm conflicted:

I messaged back and forth with Ty about a week or so ago, as I'm interested in getting into some iguanas. He was helpful and courteous, and after chatting, I was set to do business with him come spring. I am now thinking twice. What if something....anything goes wrong?
Michael,
Nothing will be done, if anything goes wrong.

Last year 2015, I purchased 2.3 Ctenosaura bakeri from Ty, he guaranteed me 2 males & 3 females, in addition I had to pay a premium price for the females, $200 more ea. 9 months went by, low and behold 5 MALES, all turning a pretty blue, and all have hemipenes.

I called Ty, he said I used my best guess, I told him I didn't pay him $200 more ea. for 3 females, for him to guess. Here I am months later, with nothing done.

That's the reason my friendship with Ty, is no longer, and will NEVER be again.

That's what he'll do if anything goes wrong.

There you have it folks, that's why..

Hope that helps....

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 12-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #339
Lucille
I'm sorry that happened to you Lynn. Ty has terrible customer service, it looks like. And he does not appear to care, either.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #340
lillyorchid
What a scumbag!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu