Good Guy CGMa (Angie Thostrup) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #11
TrippsGeckos
I was recently trying to do a transactions with Angie .
She had a gecko I loved to death. I was about 20 minutes short of putting a deposit in on her, so I gave up. About 2 days later, I saw her back up for sale. I contact Mama T and told her I'd like to purchase her. And well, the screen shots will show what happened . Not saying she's a bad breeder, but I woulnt ever try and do business with her again.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #12
Jaybee
From the screenshots, just sounds like you missed out on a sale. Is this a reason to make a bad guy post? Sales can and do come and go in less than a few minutes... I know I have missed out on my share. And if you previously told her you couldn't pay...?

Old 09-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #13
Vienna
Katie, I have seen your since deleted thread on the Crested Geckos facebook group. You are withholding much of the conversation. Long story short is verbal interest does not constitute a hold in many cases, and due to the volume of people who may have interest, there is a good chance you will miss out on some sales. It happens to everyone, and if you decide that it happening to you is worth banning the breeder, you will miss out on many more high end animals. The nicer the animal, the more people asking about it, the better chance that someone may be quicker to the draw or have more to offer than you do.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
Crestedlovely
I can understand being disappointed that you missed out, but she has done nothing wrong that I see. A breeder is under no obligation to sell to you until the details are agreed upon and a deposit is placed.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:10 PM   #15
TrippsGeckos
I didn't say she was a bad breeder. Poor business, is all. All the screenshots didn't post. I replied within 4 minutes of her saying it was still for sale, asking where I could send payment. I understand sales go fast, but she could not have loaned her out within 4 minutes, and if she did then I would understand.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #16
Sublime Reptiles
I have purchased several times through Mama T's, and I couldn't recommend someone anymore than her. She loves her animals, and only wants the best for them. She bends over backwards for her customers, and treats everyone with respect. She has top knotch animals, and is seriously one of the nicest people in the hobby.

And yes, please disclose ALL information before trying to do a bad buy post, so that people can come to their own conclusion if she is a breeder to avoid, or one to continue to do business with.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #17
Crestedlovely
She could have loaned her out that fast, there is no reason to believe she couldn't have.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #18
TrippsGeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestedlovely View Post
She could have loaned her out that fast, there is no reason to believe she couldn't have.

When I asked if she did, she claimed she didn't have to tell me that, which makes me think horribly of her.

Respect and everything else lost. Sorry.
This is my review and I will leave it here, no matter what anyone says. I woulnt be doing business with her again. Trust me, there's tons of other breeders and losing out on one, especially her, woulnt upset me in any way!

Old 09-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #19
Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippsGeckos View Post
Trust me, there's tons of other breeders and losing out on one, especially her, woulnt upset me in any way!
Based on this rude comment, I am pretty sure you have lost out on more than just Angie. These threads both let buyers know who is a good seller, and sellers know who is a bad buyer.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:27 PM   #20
Jaybee
Quote:
When I asked if she did, she claimed she didn't have to tell me that, which makes me think horribly of her.

Respect and everything else lost. Sorry.
She didn't have to tell you anything other than "sorry, I have to pass." Anything else is not your business.

Quote:
This is my review and I will leave it here, no matter what anyone says. I woulnt be doing business with her again. Trust me, there's tons of other breeders and losing out on one, especially her, woulnt upset me in any way!
Well yeah it will stay here because you can't remove it, as happened on facebook. And based on your post here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
Based on this rude comment, I am pretty sure you have lost out on more than just Angie. These threads both let buyers know who is a good seller, and sellers know who is a bad buyer.
... I also would be hesitant to do business with you if I see that you post a negative review for someone just because you missed out on a sale. If I posted a bad guy thread for every person who sold to someone other than me when I was inquiring about an animal, I would have had to have started about 25 bad guy threads. This is not a great way to endear yourself in the hobby.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!