Bad Guy Scott Roscoe, horrible animal conditions. (Ohio buyers and sellers) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #21
JCCS
Elexis, he's not coming off as rude. You're coming off as defensive. You claimed you didn't have $100 to pay for the animal and said you only had $63 to your name to the guy, did you not? Apparently that wasn't true as he managed to obtain $100 from you.

Anyway, beyond that, I'm not here trying to break you down. The kid obviously had no clue how to keep such an animal. My honest opinion is that 90% or more of retic keepers don't keep them properly.

Of course it was wrong for him to steal extra money from you, but I think it wasn't right of you to falsely poor mouth him in order to obtain the animal more cheaply.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #22
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
You are coming off as very rude. It's not like I have 100 animals in my house and 5 kids. This is going very far off topic, you're bringing my home life into it, which you obviously have no idea what it's like, how much money we have, how many animals we have etc. I do not appreciate you jumping to such conclusions and making me out to be a bad mother for taking in an animal in need.
I've implied nothing of the sort, you are reading intention and castigation where none was intended. I was trying to make sure I was understanding the situation correctly. Your text messages read like a textbook sob story about having no money, and you went out of your way to specify that you not only had limited funds on your person, but also none in the bank. You say you don't put all your money in the bank. Fine. It escapes me at that point how money that you have, that's not in the bank, isn't available for reptile purchases, because if it is available for day to day expenses it seems like it should be. And if it's not, that's not money that could be used for family should the need arise anyway, hence my original point. THAT'S ALL I WAS SAYING.

Might I suggest that it doesn't exactly put you on a moral high ground when you portray your financial situation in such dire terms to squeeze a seller, even if that seller is undeserving of the animal and mistreating it. I stand by my assertion that if your situation was truly as dire as your text messages made it sound, you probably didn't need to enter this transaction in the first place. If your financial situation is much better than you were making it out to be, which is what you are now implying, then you were being dishonest to provoke a discount, which is something that future sellers might want to know as well. That's all. That's what this forum's for. Nothing personal, it's all about the information.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #23
ElexisC
Lol really? Future sellers? That's why I paid over $300 for my hypo jungle and $300 for my kahl poss jungle? I didn't have any problem paying for HEALTHY animals, I help an animal, try to warn people, and you two turn it back on me like I'm a horrible person. I shouldn't have posted at all. I see this type of thing all the time. It's always the buyers fault. And no we're not rich. I paid for the 2 most expensive snakes I have with money I got from selling my last litter of puppies so I didn't take away from my kids. I have no issue paying full price for healthy animals. When an animal needs help no I'm not going to pay a ton since they let it get that way and not get it any help. If that's wrong then I guess I'm wrong.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #24
ElexisC
If anything their photos misrepresented the animal, when I saw it in person it was much worse than the photo in the ad made it look. So no I didn't want to give them $100. I was trying to get him a day get out. They didn't deserve anything for that animal but I paid all the same to get him out.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:39 PM   #25
Lucille
Can you get the female out?

Old 01-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #26
ElexisC
No. I don't have another cage to put her in. They want $120 for her and a 20g. I have a 20g long, but that's not adequate. And can't just stick her in the rack with my boas.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #27
ElexisC
He said something about the female, but didn't say she was for sale. I saw the ad yesterday, and i personally believe the only reason her cage looks as good as it does is because I told them how horribly the others were kept. So I think that made them make it look good before taking photos. They didn't let me in the basement, said it was "trashed" and he said "I'll go get him, and disappeared down the stairs". And if I did take her, I would be putting myself over my limit, like they think I already did. Because not only would I be paying for his vet, I would also have to buy another cage and we all know those aren't exactly cheap.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #28
ElexisC
Ok now that " " error was my fault. Can't blame that on my phone lol supposed to say "I'll go get him" not have the other " at the end of the full sentence. Thinking and typing to fast I guess.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #29
ElexisC
Actually there's 2 more females. The baby I saw and a "white phase" female, 2 1/2 - 3 ft kept in a 20g long tank. Someone mentioned it last night and I forgot till now and found the ad. I guess his mom is making him get rid of all the reptiles. Which if she's afraid of them why did she let him get 3 retics in the first place??

Old 01-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #30
ElexisC
I do think they may have sold that one already though because they did not mention it when I was there, only the baby female.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!