Bad Guy Boi for outback reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:35 AM   #1
Samantha frock
Unhappy Boi for outback reptiles

On June 13th 2015 I bought a pinstripe proven breeder female from outback reptiles at the hamburg pa show. She seemed fine except in deep shed.I got her home warmed her up let he relax. My husband and I were later that night looking at our pickups at the show as he had not been able to go to the show with me. We both noticed a slight wheeze. Not yet noticeable in her lungs as cracking but you could hear her breathing it was off. So I contacted outback reptiles. They said it was from her needing to shed. So them being the experts in this for many many years I took their word for it. Well over the next few days she got worse a lot worse. We started injections. She didn't in prove so last night we took her the emergency vet as we don't wish for her to die from this. Well the vet said it was definitely a uri. I've been trying to get Into contact with outback and the whole time they have been nothing but horrible to deal with. They want me to ship the snake back and then give me a refund once they recive her. Well here is the thing my vet highly recommend against shipping as the stress could make the uri worse and kill her. I told them outback this. They could care less about the animal they want her back or they are going to do nothing. From the jump they have made me feel like an idiot, made remarks how I'm wrong it's just that she needs to shed, and have been horrible with returning messages. Even yesterday b4 she went to the vet they continued to push that she was not sick and I didn't know what I was talking about even after I sent a video of her mouth gaping and clicking. They have horrible customer serivce. And now come to find out they flipped her. They had her one week befor they sold her to me at the show. I've never had problems like this with anyone or any snake in my life. My husbandry is spot on but they continue to push it's not because I use aspen shavings and its too dry. Let me tell you what we use aspen because with paper towels we had too much humidity. The aspen keeps it perfect with a light misting once a week. I want to warn others about this as it's unexceptable. If they had been understanding and it didn't take me saying I'm going public with this all to even get any response or help in the issue I wouldnt be so upset about this whole thing. They also threatened to sue me for slander. Well they can shove it I have vet documents to prove they sold me a sick snake. From the get go they knew she was sick and they continued to say she wasnt. I have do doubt they missed the fact she was sick when they sold her to me...but she was sick, sold her to me and then realised they were in hot water so denyed the whole thing. Just for everyone's info she shed last night at the vet. All I've asked for is for them to cover half the vet Costs to make this right. They have refused me anything. No kind words of concern or help unless I ship her back and put her life in danger and I'm out more money then I spent in her with vet bills. I also dont trust ill ever get a refund evendors if i ship her back with how they havery trated me. I'll attach the vet report from last night. Thank you and have a blessed day
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
Samantha frock
Even if*

Old 06-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
Samantha frock
Have treated me.

I appolgise for mis. Spellings or mistakes I only have my phone no pc and I was wrestling a 2 yr old to get her dressed lol

Old 06-21-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
Samantha frock
https://youtu.be/r-Sil8hXh28

Old 06-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #5
Lucille
Samantha,

Please post the emails where you found that Outback only had the critter for a week, and where they threatened to sue you for slander. Did you start injections prior to seeing the vet?

I am sorry your snake is not well. Did you notify them of this thread, I would like to hear what they have to say.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:39 AM   #6
Samantha frock
They know about this issue. They know I'm posting here. They have been informed. It's been an ongoing battle. We took her to the vet when we picked up our other snake from surgery. So the vet has seen her twice. This is the only paper I have on for this visit. I had posted in the boi on fb but they blocked me when I asked if I could delete the post because of them taking leagle action potentially. That was where they admitted they had her a week b4 they flipped her to me. I can no longer defend myself or post these vet reports on the boi on fb. So I posted here. Outback knows of this and I've tried my dam best to get their help they don't wish to do anything. She is sick and we caught it early so we hope she will recover well

Old 06-21-2015, 10:44 AM   #7
Samantha frock
Here is some of the convo between the employee and myself.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #8
Samantha frock
Also under my own fault I did not qt. The snake. That is a mistake I made. I have no problem admitting when I screw up. It's not a mistake I will make again. I will pay my other vet Costs if they come up. She is now in qt. I wanted to make that known so no one here thinks I'm being shady in anyway

Old 06-21-2015, 11:42 AM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha frock View Post
They also threatened to sue me for slander.
Accuracy is important. They did not, in fact say they were going to sue you for slander, they said that if the information you are posting is false that you could be held accountable for slander. And here you are, reporting what they said inaccurately.

I'm sorry your snake is sick. Did you initiate injections prior to going to the vet?
The vet report does show that the snake was ill when it was at the vet. It does not say how the snake was when it first arrived.

I understand how you feel, but in general, you cannot elect to keep a critter and get money, after being offered a refund. (When exactly did they offer a refund on return?)(What is their TOS?) Had you sent it back immediately perhaps the outcome would have been more satisfactory for everyone.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #10
Samantha frock
They offered a refund if we sent her back yes. She had seen the vet thursday last week if I'm not mistaken. We had another snake who got surgery. The vet was nice enough to see her when he went over the report of the snake we had just gotten a mouth absess lanced in from a stuck tooth. He only charged for the meds that time. He has been an awesome vet and has worked with us in the past not charging for multiple visits. I don't want to kill her by shipping her back her life means more to me then that. At this point I'm just not happy how they proceed to imply I'm stupid and can't take care of my animals properly. They took like 2 to 3 hours to reply after I sent this vet report. If you read the notes it says she was wheezing and had a uri.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!