Inquiry Steven Brenner Transaction - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:13 PM   #91
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerards View Post
I'm friends with both people involved in this topic, and have been asked several times, by both people, what my opinion is. The mods only seem to address their hurt feelings from the past, so I thought I'd respond. Steven, he's agreed to the caramel or split snow, what's the hold up? That Caramel is huge and worth the trade he's agreed to, and it's been along time now. If you can come up with the trade, what's the problem? There's 3 clear routes to choose from, and that's come up with the cash, the trade, or return the caramel. I know Dawn loves that turtle, and if I had one of those turtles I'd give t to you to square up with, but the fact is that you owe him from that caramel. I don't see what's so complicated about it. Mods, great job at staying on topic, you guys are real pros.
Based on the emboldened portion(s), you may have been reading something else somewhere else. I am the only moderator that has been responding in this thread. There have also been various types of non-moderator posts by interested members seeking to flesh out the situation and add differing points of input. The blue text was anything in official moderator capacity and the standard text color was as an individual member to request information for clarity (what was done involving the deal and what actions were taken that were tangential to the deal itself...for better and for worse) as well as to address various matters of inaccuracy posited as factual (switching back to blue text if relating to false statements regarding what is involved in site policy). Even when providing instruction as a moderator regarding the provision of image-based evidence in this venue, I did so with specific cautionary guidance so that Chris Davis could avoid commonplace rule breaks that lead to the issuance of point-bearing infractions since I anticipated that possibility and felt he would benefit from not earning such.

Thanks. It can be difficult when some people only weigh in because they enjoy stirring the pot using imagination-based slights despite what the posts actually say in a given thread, but we somehow manage despite the poor signal-to-noise ratio that can crop up from those parties.

------------

I do not think members discussing this here disagree that the current agreement should be completed as outlined and that that piece of things is for Steven to finalize with delivery of the snow RES with split scutes, but I have only read the entirety of the thread without skipping any portions or imagining something that is not present.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:30 PM   #92
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
Im sorry, is Lucille a moderator?
She is not.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:33 PM   #93
calebroad
BOI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Based on the emboldened portion(s), you may have been reading something else somewhere else. I am the only moderator that has been responding in this thread. There have also been various types of non-moderator posts by interested members seeking to flesh out the situation and add differing points of input. The blue text was anything in official moderator capacity and the standard text color was as an individual member to request information for clarity (what was done involving the deal and what actions were taken that were tangential to the deal itself...for better and for worse) as well as to address various matters of inaccuracy posited as factual (switching back to blue text if relating to false statements regarding what is involved in site policy). Even when providing instruction as a moderator regarding the provision of image-based evidence in this venue, I did so with specific cautionary guidance so that Chris Davis could avoid commonplace rule breaks that lead to the issuance of point-bearing infractions since I anticipated that possibility and felt he would benefit from not earning such.

Thanks. It can be difficult when some people only weigh in because they enjoy stirring the pot using imagination-based slights despite what the posts actually say in a given thread, but we somehow manage despite the poor signal-to-noise ratio that can crop up from those parties.

------------

I do not think members discussing this here disagree that the current agreement should be completed as outlined and that that piece of things is for Steven to finalize with delivery of the snow RES with split scutes, but I have only read the entirety of the thread without skipping any portions or imagining something that is not present.
I thought Lucille was a moderator, so maybe I gave her posts more merit than what was deserved. She was most definately stirring the pot. I appreciated the advice that was provided to me with regards to posting and avoiding infractions, I found it useful and also It was provided upon my requesting that info.

Even though I understand the BOI can't get my turtle back, overall I'm very happy that I was able to use this resource to post my views. And despite any past occurrences, I believe I have received a fair shake, and I did not believe that would happen. So thank you

Old 10-18-2016, 11:40 PM   #94
nickolasanastasiou
Member exchange of information is a matter of equal footing when we share. It should not be discounted because someone is not a moderator. You would not want to have information dismissed because you are not a moderator. In that same way, a person should not dismiss another member's input because that member is not a moderator. Merit of input is not derived from the nature of one's account here. The idea is separate from the human.

I was referring to other parties with pot-stirring commentary, but that is a personal perception.

For what it is worth, I hope you receive your owed turtle soon and then I hope both you and Steven can simply part ways and move on so you are both free to pursue your own interests without this complication lingering like a bad aftertaste from what ought to have been a pleasant meal.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:42 PM   #95
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
I thought Lucille was a moderator, so maybe I gave her posts more merit than what was deserved. She was most definately stirring the pot. I appreciated the advice that was provided to me with regards to posting and avoiding infractions, I found it useful and also It was provided upon my requesting that info.

Even though I understand the BOI can't get my turtle back, overall I'm very happy that I was able to use this resource to post my views. And despite any past occurrences, I believe I have received a fair shake, and I did not believe that would happen. So thank you
Good post. You made mistakes but nobody can deny you're owed the turtle.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:54 PM   #96
Gerards
Nick, you're a little late, the moderator issue was pointed out. Some people talk on here like they are one, and I don't care enough to read what ever you guys call yourselves. I am friends with Steven and Chris, and would like to see this end with both of my friends being happy.
Setting a time line to come up with payment is SOP, and 2 weeks, on top of the months that have gone by, seems very fair, would you agree? Hopefully my cousin(Stevens girlfriend) can keep the Caramel she loves so much, but you can't just take someone's turtle and not pay for it. I don't care if it was my best friend, it's not right. Pay for it, trade for it, or give it back. It's pretty simple. There's plenty of caramels for sale, and getting one would take one phone call.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:56 PM   #97
Gerards
Yeah, you guys beat me, all that I said was covered.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:59 PM   #98
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Nick, you're a little late, the moderator issue was pointed out. Some people talk on here like they are one, and I don't care enough to read what ever you guys call yourselves. I am friends with Steven and Chris, and would like to see this end with both of my friends being happy.
Setting a time line to come up with payment is SOP, and 2 weeks, on top of the months that have gone by, seems very fair, would you agree? Hopefully my cousin(Stevens girlfriend) can keep the Caramel she loves so much, but you can't just take someone's turtle and not pay for it. I don't care if it was my best friend, it's not right. Pay for it, trade for it, or give it back. It's pretty simple. There's plenty of caramels for sale, and getting one would take one phone call.
I am not aware there is a time limit for my responses and my response addressed more than one aspect, so there is nothing time-critical about my post.

I think if Steven can get this done with at this point, he should do so asap.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:06 AM   #99
Gerards
You may respond whenever you like, it's your site. Just saying that the mod issue was pointed out already. I didn't have time to read the rest. Thanks, though.
I think a time frame should be agreed to, and if not met, the caramel should be returned.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:07 AM   #100
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
You may respond whenever you like, it's your site. Just saying that the mod issue was pointed out already. I didn't have time to read the rest. Thanks, though.
I think a time frame should be agreed to, and if not met, the caramel should be returned.
It is not my site. I am confident you read it all and you are most welcome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!